Board Issues 4

Angalin

No, because I had the tab open in the thread before it was deleted. When I try to copy and paste the URL into a different tab, it won't let me see it.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/135823-university-announces-it-will-not-mark-international-mens-day-after-the-suicide-of-a-student/&page=2#comment-7361201

:dunno: Right, then.Btw, i'm believing it was really deleted by a mod.Not trying to sound a douchebag or anything, but this seems like the most likely possibility.

So, i have this issue: When some poster makes a post in a day and he gets out of the board, when i pass the mouse over the pic of the user, it says: "Last visited Monday/Sunday", despite him/her having only posted some minutes ago...

That might be becoz when the poster posted that he may have signed in anonymously

I can only see p a small part of the page on the left hand side.

PM's work fine and display accross the whole pcreen.

I won't be able to read any reply but his is what I see

I am having the same problem as Pebs - much of the time but not all the time the forums are displaying in the left-hand side not in the main window (which is blank).  I too use Firefox.  It is intermittent so it's hard to know what's causing it, but it's really difficult to read anything that way. 

Sophie

In 'submit reply' box, it was one of the layout options. It allowed you to start a line of text 'jumped in' on the line.

This is an example of the use of the function on the previous forum. In that post of mine, I used the indent function for the quotations from the book placed in that post.

Edited by Rhaenys_Targaryen

In 'submit reply' box, it was one of the layout options. It allowed you to start a line of text 'jumped in' on the line.

This is an example of the use of the function on the previous forum. In that post of mine, I used the indent function for the quotations from the book placed in that post.

Many dittos on this one. Indent is a super useful feature which makes longer posts easier to look at / organize / etc. We can always adapt but if it's possible to add it, that would be great. :)

Test:

“We should start back,” Gared urged as the woods began to grow dark around them. “The wildlings are dead.”
“Do the dead frighten you?” Ser Waymar Royce asked with just the hint of a smile.
Gared did not rise to the bait. He was an old man, past fifty, and he had seen the lordlings come and go. “Dead is dead,” he said. “We have no business with the dead.”

We've added back the indent button, not sure if it still works the same, but I used it here.

Great, thanks! If you could add the "remove formatting" function as well, it would be perfect!

So, i'm getting this error very often:

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later. 

Try again

Sorry, couldn't take a screenshot, but i'd like to say that~one third of the time i try to enter the board, a screen with this error pops out.And i don't remember this happening in the old board.

So, i'm getting this error very often:

Sorry, couldn't take a screenshot, but i'd like to say that~one third of the time i try to enter the board, a screen with this error pops out.And i don't remember this happening in the old board.

It most certainly did. I assume this is happening more often these days because they are still tweaking the board, but I hope it will be less often soon.

I agree with those saying the post numbers were useful and am disappointed they are not here anymore, though.

We've added back the indent button, not sure if it still works the same, but I used it here.

Checking right now.

Seems to work just like before!

So thank you very much :)

Ok, so the coding for indent doesn't seem to work (just like you can bold stuff by typing [ b] and [ /b] (without the space), the same applied to indent (by typing [ indent=1] (no space) (or =2 or =3, etc), and by putting an /indent in brackets as well.. That one doesn't work anymore (or changed..). But the buttons in the reply box most certainly do!

:) So thank you very much!

Edited by Rhaenys_Targaryen