Board Issues 4

Angalin

Since this new forum took effect I am having a problem. 

When I post, there is always blank space worth couple of lines in the end of my posts, I checked multiple times, it is not my fault of pressing Enter or deleting something.

Edit: Probably to spite me it hadn't happen this time. It doesn't happen always but it is regular enough for me to notice

Edit 2: It appeared when I edited the post and I know I didn't press Enter or mess with the copy/paste or quoting or deleting content, so fuck it, if it disappears after this edit I will know forum gained sentience and is doing it on purpose

Edited by Equilibrium

Check out this old thread:

Every post in the three pages of that thread that has quotes in it, has somehow had all replies deleted. Sorry I can't think of a better way to phrase that; just look for any reply in that thread that has quoted text in it, and notice that there's somehow nothing there except the quoted text, anymore.

The wiki is no longer loading full pages. This happens both in reading-mode, as well as during edits, and more frequently every day (to the point where, today, I can't load any page). 

This occurs only on laptop, not on mobile. 

This is still happening..

Last evening, I cleared my cache and cookies and such, and when I tried this afternoon, the wiki would load pages again completely (although not 100% of the time). After having not tried for several hours, I am now, once again, unable to load a full page..

Any ideas on what I could try? The issue exists on multiple browsers.

Edited by Rhaenys_Targaryen

I can't post anything from my laptop. I'm on Firefox. The option to post is greyed out. I can't even send a pm. Everything is blocked. I'm fine on my phone to a degree. It's acting strange. 

Scrap that, it's working now after posting with my phone.

Edited by Mandzipop

1 hour ago, Ran said:

We've just done an upgrade, so it's possible that cached stuff was not working. Clearing browser cache may also work.

Yeah I had the same grayed out text box issue and clearing the cache fixed it. 

I needed to ask somebody what "clearing the cache" means, but it works now (for those who are stupid like me and still do not know, delete your browsing history). The editing box was grey and unclickable for some hours for me too.

We used to have a little " button in the editor for putting a quote box around text. It seems to be gone. Not a huge deal but I used to use it a lot when quoting SSMs and stuff. 

When clicking "reveal hidden contents" that are hiding large amounts of text, weird stuff can happen. A few times my browser tab seemed to freeze up, and when I tried the list of old threads in the R+L=J thread this happened: (google chrome)

28iq0hs.jpg

Edit: the A+J=T thread actually suffers from the problems more due the the huge amounts of hidden text in the first post

Edited by RumHam

On a Windows tablet (not W10): the emoticon icon is the symbol for creating a link, and the icon to click for creating a link is a gear, and the "align right/center/left" are all incorrect too.  They are correct on my Windows phone though...  :dunno: 

Not sure if this is a board issue, a design issue, or just a me issue,  but I can't find a way to change the colour of text, strikethrough, add spoilers, change to html mode.

The options I do have are bold, italic, underline, indent, unindent, link, 'core' emoticons, bullet points, numbered list, align left, align centre, align right.

I can put a quotebox in using cntl-right as long as I haven't written anything else, and can get an attributed quote by clicking the quote button in the post I want to quote. 

Is there any way of getting into 'full editor'?

Again, sorry if this is the wrong forum to post these issues.

4 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

On a Windows tablet (not W10): the emoticon icon is the symbol for creating a link, and the icon to click for creating a link is a gear, and the "align right/center/left" are all incorrect too.  They are correct on my Windows phone though...  :dunno: 

This is also true for me (working from iPad, and I noticed the same was true on my phone

5 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Looks like I'm having the same problem. I'm on a MacBook.