Board Issues 4

Angalin

2 minutes ago, Alia of the knife said:

I thought he was a little too charismatic to be a minor character, either that or I liked him too much, (I'm never going to like anyone/ anything again- Ravens, Orioles, although I did like the Broncos and the Panthers). :P

R.I.P Heath.

I think you somehow followed me into the wrong thread, but yeah I discovered this problem when posting about the poor guy. 

It'll take time, but eventually we will learn to open our hearts to minor tv characters again. But we'll never forget!

3 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I think you somehow followed me into the wrong thread, but yeah I discovered this problem when posting about the poor guy. 

It'll take time, but eventually we will learn to open our hearts to minor tv characters again. But we'll never forget!

Oh damn, I sure did lol. I wasn't even paying attention.

But agreed, we will not forget.

OK, having this problem for the first time today. On my toolbar, everything to the right of bullet points and numbered points is missing. No colour, size, indent, centering, etc., etc.

I'm on Chrome. I cleared browsing data (twice), but nothing has changed.

So, what now?

On 27-1-2016 at 0:03 PM, Ran said:

We had to restart the MySQL server, so unfortunately it will take awhile for streams to become cached again. Until they're cached, it is a very slow process to get them to complete.

Ah, ok :) So that's going to take a few days, I suppose?

The first time it happened I was coincidentally adjusting my settings, good to hear I didn't accidentally clicked somewhere I shouldn't have :) 

Can I then assume that the problem with my missing half of the toolbar in the reply box might be part of the same fix(es)?... fingers crossed.

I also notice that on the Home page there's a notice on the left -

A PHP ERROR WAS ENCOUNTERED

Severity: Notice

Message: geoip_continent_code_by_name(): Host 75.147.204.217, 173.245.50.199 not found

Filename: libraries/Functions.php(688) : eval()'d code

Line Number: 5

I've cleared my cache three times, now, made sure my defaults are OK, removed Westeros from my old bookmarks and re-entered it.. but don't know what else to do. (I confess I'm from the stone age where computer knowledge is concerned.)

It would be nice to think the problem will eventually be magically rectified.

Edited by bemused

Some ad keeps trying to force a download on my Windows phone.  I believe it started Saturday (if that will help you narrow it down).  When it did it the last time I tried to see what the offending advertisement was, but the ad box at the bottom of the page was just pure white.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 4:56 PM, RedEyedGhost said:

Some ad keeps trying to force a download on my Windows phone.  I believe it started Saturday (if that will help you narrow it down).  When it did it the last time I tried to see what the offending advertisement was, but the ad box at the bottom of the page was just pure white.

It just did it again. This time the ad at the bottom was for PS4 Lego Avengers.

On 28-1-2016 at 9:54 PM, Ran said:

It looks like there are some other issues. I have contacted Invision about it.

Just an update.. It's still happening, but I did discover something. The problem only occurs when I click one of the streams under "My Activity Streams". Not when I click any of the other ones.

Hope that info is usefull.

The notifications and message icons in the top right-hand corner have disappeared, although I can still see whether I have a message or notification so it's not much of a problem, but I thought I should mention it.

Hmmm, with the caveat this could be a problem with my device, which is being rather unresponsive lately

On 2/5/2016 at 8:35 PM, RedEyedGhost said:

I forgot to look at which ad it was the last time, and I looked but can't see any way to save the page on my phone (which is the only place it's happened). Any tips on that?

Instead, try and scroll down to wherever you see visible ads on the page, and screenshot that, then pass it to me so I can show the ad network the problem ads. :)

Re: notifications, how they do or do not work is a complete mystery to me. I shall try and find out more information.