Board Issues 4

Angalin

15 minutes ago, Ran said:

Rhaenys,

Wow, thanks for noting that. It was a mistake in which DB we were pointing to. We should have it corrected now, but until we can get the database synced up we're going to set the wiki read-only for now (aka no edits).

So no data should be lost? (except perhaps today's edits)

I'm glad it could be fixed :) 

Edit: The database is already synced? That's fast!

Edited by Rhaenys_Targaryen

@Rhaenys_Targaryen Correct. In fact, we've done the sync up and it SEEMS like it worked. However, for some reason it seems to have lost the list of recent changes -- it ends on March 11. Could you poke around and see if it's actually up to date, if you know of any pages edited on the 10th or earlier?

ETA: Okay, it does look like it's updated right, it's just that Recent Changes isn't quite working correctly, but if I look at pages edited before the 11th I can see their revision history is correct. It can now be edited again.

Edited by Ran

2 minutes ago, Ran said:

@Rhaenys_Targaryen Correct. In fact, we've done the sync up and it SEEMS like it worked. However, for some reason it seems to have lost the list of recent changes -- it ends on March 11. Could you poke around and see if it's actually up to date, if you know of any pages edited on the 10th or earlier?

It lost a few edits from earlier today (3/15), such as to "Andal invasion", but has edits made yesterday (3/14).

Yeah, those are alas going to have to remain lost, they were basically going to the wrong database. Sorry about that! But fortunately there were just a handful of edits. Thanks again to Rhaenys for pointing the problem out.

18 minutes ago, Ran said:

Well, I've updated the Quentyn Martell page on March 5th, and that edit can still be seen on the history list of the page itself. When I look around at pages I know were edited in the past two months, I can see those in the history lists of the respective pages. And when I look at the contributions lists of users I know are very active, I can see edits from March, February, January, December, November etc. So I think that it worked :) 

When I change the settings of the recent changes page to "last 500 edits" during the "last 30 days", I can see up to February 28 (and judging by the length of the list, that's 500 edits and the page cannot show me any more in those settings). The settings of the page might be the reason why you couldn't see past March 11?

Edited by Rhaenys_Targaryen

Yeah, that was me forgetting that Recent Changes is populated by a script that Mediawiki runs. It had only gone back to March 11th when I first looked and posted, but yeah, now it's populated it the rest of the way.

There's something weird going on my end... All of a sudden, I'm not receiving all the notifications I should. I didn't change my settings or anything. Also, when checking the forum index, some threads aren't updated. For instance, I post something, and when I check the forum index again, the last post showing is still mine, but there have been others in the meantime. 

The other weird thing is, I'm getting "no permission - sorry we can't show you this content because you do not have permission to see it" n both Ran and Spark's posts above this one. And I'm fairly certain I did see those posts last night, and this wasn't happening. :uhoh:

24 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I wanted to log off and back in... But I haven't the faintest what my password is, and I'm afraid I won't be able to log back in like I did with FB. :dunce:

Facebook logins SHOULD be working again.  

(And for the record, I see the 'No Permission' quote there too right now.  It looks like something's a little odd with Invision's cache that's being used for quotes; either Ran can take a look at it now, or I can poke later when I'm not at work.)

Edit: Oh, I see what happened.  It appears the original post being linked/quoted there is gone (since the problem is fixed, the thread on the workaround was nuked), and so Invision's quoting system has become rather confused about what to show there; it's applying visibility settings from the original (now gone) post to the quote.  SO!  No one worry. :)

Edited by Sparks
Clarification

34 minutes ago, Sparks said:

Facebook logins SHOULD be working again.  

(And for the record, I see the 'No Permission' quote there too right now.  It looks like something's a little odd with Invision's cache that's being used for quotes; either Ran can take a look at it now, or I can poke later when I'm not at work.)

Edit: Oh, I see what happened.  It appears the original post being linked/quoted there is gone (since the problem is fixed, the thread on the workaround was nuked), and so Invision's quoting system has become rather confused about what to show there; it's applying visibility settings from the original (now gone) post to the quote.  SO!  No one worry. :)

As always, thanks! (I can't login using FB b/c I've been locked out of my FB account for months now)

4 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Also, when checking the forum index, some threads aren't updated. For instance, I post something, and when I check the forum index again, the last post showing is still mine, but there have been others in the meantime

Yup,i just noticed this too.A new post is up in Lit but it only shows up on the forum index (Miscellaneous)

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

As always, thanks! (I can't login using FB b/c I've been locked out of my FB account for months now)

You should be able to use the board's password reset link if you have to, then, even if you're locked out of Facebook.  As long as you have access to the email account that your account is registered under.

11 minutes ago, Sparks said:

You should be able to use the board's password reset link if you have to, then, even if you're locked out of Facebook.  As long as you have access to the email account that your account is registered under.

Really? I meant to ask about that and forgot! I thought I might need the old password to do it. I'll do it then, b/c the email is the same as always. Thanks for reading my mind and answering the question I forgot to ask! :bowdown:

Another one I just remembered... If I change the password, will I still be able to login using either the board password or Twitter?