Board Issues 4

Angalin

Another stupid question following my still unsolved original stupid question...

I was posting while distracted by other things :blush: and in quoting a number of passages from book text which I wanted to enclose in quote boxes, Ikept hitting the spoiler icon inadvertently. i'd like to fix it, but cant get the boxes to disappear.. There's probably a simple answer ... I hope?

2 hours ago, bemused said:

Another stupid question following my still unsolved original stupid question...

I was posting while distracted by other things :blush: and in quoting a number of passages from book text which I wanted to enclose in quote boxes, Ikept hitting the spoiler icon inadvertently. i'd like to fix it, but cant get the boxes to disappear.. There's probably a simple answer ... I hope?

Been there! This is a reply to a similar question, and the same steps work for the spoiler box. :) 

On 21.02.2016 at 9:29 PM, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

A weird problem: there's a user who has a comma in his nickname... and therefore I cannot add him to my "ignored" list. Let's call him "X, Y, Z". I try (hover over his name, click 'ignore'), and the system seems to interpret it as if I wanted to add three different users "X", "Y" and "Z" to my list.

Still not fixed, by the way.

On 3/15/2016 at 0:35 PM, kissdbyfire said:

It happens to me, always, on PC and iPad. The only way I can get rid of the unwanted quote box is going through some steps (a bit annoying, but easy enough to do)

1 - I have to click inside the quote box and 'erase' a little of the text; even just a few letters will do. And if it's just the empty quote box, you still have to click inside it and then hit the backspace key a few times. 

2 - then on the top of the quote box, click at the end of the poster's name and backspace a few times, and the whole thing disappears. 

Hope it helps. 

Going to test it now .Fingers crossed...

ETA: Well, it sort of worked..it did erase the whole quote,though ..I'll try something a bit different (erasing from the beginning of the quote instead of the end).. But this is more workable than before, anyway.

Edited by bemused

The "content I posted in" feed is blank for me now, with just a list of things to sort by.

Edit: this post shows up in it now. So I guess you guys changed it and it reset?

Edited by RumHam

So, kinda tangentially related to that chat function:

As I only view/use the forum from my mobile device, not sure if this affects desktop users, but the new little floating "chat" box in the bottom right corner has displaced the floating "follow/share" banner to the top of the screen. Don't use that function, so normally wouldn't care, but the little "hide/unhide" button is directly over the icon used to access new notifications, messages, edit profile, etc. So now I (for one, may not be an issue for others) can send or check PMs, as trying to tap the icon only unhide the "share/follow" banner thing. 

Just thought I'd mention it, in case others are having the same issue

2 hours ago, R'hllors Red Lobster said:

As I only view/use the forum from my mobile device, not sure if this affects desktop users, but the new little floating "chat" box in the bottom right corner has displaced the floating "follow/share" banner to the top of the screen. Don't use that function, so normally wouldn't care, but the little "hide/unhide" button is directly over the icon used to access new notifications, messages, edit profile, etc. So now I (for one, may not be an issue for others) can send or check PMs, as trying to tap the icon only unhide the "share/follow" banner thing. 

Same here. I asked about it n the new chat topic, should have asked here. I'd love to be able to disable the follow/share bar.

2 hours ago, R'hllors Red Lobster said:

Same here

Mobile user. The  share/follow button was up for me when I came on this morning as well. But it did go away.

What about this grey chat box? As a mobile user, real estate on the screen is a premium, and that grey box is always there at the bottom of my screen. I can't seem to make it go away.

It's like an ex girlfriend with its little grey eye just staring at me, taunting me, judging me.

And since it just happened yet again, what is with the random text size changing? I nowhere have any control over that, yet everything I post comes in various sizes.

To add to that, I'd love a post preview button.

Edited by Emmit
Text size change reminded me to add it.

4 hours ago, Emmit said:

Mobile user. The  share/follow button was up for me when I came on this morning as well. But it did go away.

What about this grey chat box? As a mobile user, real estate on the screen is a premium, and that grey box is always there at the bottom of my screen. I can't seem to make it go away.

It's like an ex girlfriend with its little grey eye just staring at me, taunting me, judging me.

And since it just happened yet again, what is with the random text size changing? I nowhere have any control over that, yet everything I post comes in various sizes.

To add to that, I'd love a post preview button.

Agree with this, the chat thingy is a real annoyance one mobile especially. When you have notifications at the bottom, it becomes impossible to click on them. 

The Chat system should be something you have to purposely look for, rather than something forced on you on every screen you look at.

1 hour ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Agree with this, the chat thingy is a real annoyance one mobile especially. When you have notifications at the bottom, it becomes impossible to click on them. 

The Chat system should be something you have to purposely look for, rather than something forced on you on every screen you look at.

Agreed, its location is annoying for my iPad screen.

Edited by DireWolfSpirit