Board Issues 4

Angalin

1 minute ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

Thread-view count doesn't appear to be correct (at least for newer threads). You have to view a thread in order to reply, but threads with multiple replies still have 0 views. 

I believe that only updates periodically rather than in realtime. If there's a day old thread with the issue, yeah, that's a problem. IF it's something posted in the last hour or two, probably not strange. I'd have to check to find out what exactly the interval is. Might be hourly, might be every 3 hours.

1 minute ago, Ran said:

I believe that only updates periodically rather than in realtime. If there's a day old thread with the issue, yeah, that's a problem. IF it's something posted in the last hour or two, probably not strange. I'd have to check to find out what exactly the interval is. Might be hourly, might be every 3 hours.

Looking at the general forum for the books, it's happening for threads several days old as well, for example a thread posted on wednesday (with multiple replies having been posted there on wednesday as well), like this one.

I am having trouble putting someone on ignore because there are two identical user names, and the software picks the user with 0 posts. I'll sent the specific info via a report, I think if you just renamed (or deleted) the user with 0 posts, then we could ignore the active user. Thanks.

(Also there's still the bug where you can't ignore someone with a comma in the user name, just thought I'd mention that...)

Edited by Le Cygne

Just now, Risto said:

This entire week I want to post this... @Sparks, @Ran... Great job this week. I can't remember when it was so easy browsing the forum in spring show madness. Whatever you have done, it is working perfectly... Kudos...

I agree completely.  All my problems are solved so thank you.

24 minutes ago, Tanka Rae said:

Is there no search option on this forum?  I looked around, and in the announcements forum the only thing I can find in relation to search is an old post saying Search was turned back on.

On 15/05/2016 at 4:19 AM, Le Cygne said:

I am having trouble putting someone on ignore because there are two identical user names, and the software picks the user with 0 posts. I'll sent the specific info via a report, I think if you just renamed (or deleted) the user with 0 posts, then we could ignore the active user. Thanks.

(Also there's still the bug where you can't ignore someone with a comma in the user name, just thought I'd mention that...)

I'm having the same problem, with the same user.

Thanks for working on it, and congrats about forum stability this last week.

3 hours ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

I want to change my signature but can't figure out how to do it.  Can someone please write some instructions?  Sorry in advance if this is a ID10T error. 

That's not a 'Board Issue' per se—i.e., something not working right/broken on the board itself—so probably could've gone in a separate thread in the forum. ;)

That said, changing your signature is fairly straightforward.  Just go to the Account Settings page (which is also available from the little dropdown that pops off your name, from the top of the board), and select Signature from the list on the left-hand side.  Et voila, an editor to change your signature!

On 7/5/2016 at 7:52 PM, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Also, I don't know why but some times it seems that I had signed out when I haven't.

This has start happening the last couple of days again. I was just logged out while I was trying to sent an answer and lost everything.

Edited by Jon's Queen Consort

On 5/29/2016 at 1:29 AM, Jon's Queen Consort said:

This has start happening the last couple of days again. I was just logged out while I was trying to sent an answer and lost everything.

If it's happening to you multiple times a day, there there is a known bug with Invision (the forum software we use): if you have an old Invision login cookie around and a new one, you'll potentially get logged out during certain operations.  I had blocked that bug before by having Varnish eat old Invision login cookies (so even if you had one, the board never saw it), but with our move to nginx I couldn't do quite the same filtering.  That might be the cause.

The fix is just to clear your westeros.org cookies out, and then log back in again.

I can't upload gif avatars.

As you can imagine, for me, this is a tragedy. A tragedy of the Doom of Valyria proportions.

I tried first uploading. Said not.(message says: "sorry we could not find that!")

I tried with an url. Said not again (message says: "a configuration or server error has occurred").

Like, it's not enough HBO cut Jon? Now the board too? T___T This is discrimination! Is because he's a redhead, right?

19 hours ago, Sparks said:

If it's happening to you multiple times a day, there there is a known bug with Invision (the forum software we use): if you have an old Invision login cookie around and a new one, you'll potentially get logged out during certain operations.  I had blocked that bug before by having Varnish eat old Invision login cookies (so even if you had one, the board never saw it), but with our move to nginx I couldn't do quite the same filtering.  That might be the cause.

The fix is just to clear your westeros.org cookies out, and then log back in again.

Ok I will do it and I will inform you if it happens again.

When I click on the notification button (the bell on the top of the page in the webbrowser), it usually shows my notifications. But when I try to look on mobile, it usually immediately collapses (leaving only the "show all my notifications" part of the window visible). This rarely happens on my laptop (though it has occured there before as well). This issue has been occuring for the last few days now.

37 minutes ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

When I click on the notification button (the bell on the top of the page in the webbrowser), it usually shows my notifications. But when I try to look on mobile, it usually immediately collapses (leaving only the "show all my notifications" part of the window visible). This rarely happens on my laptop (though it has occured there before as well). This issue has been occuring for the last few days now.

Happened to me too, on PC. (although not at the moment).