Board Issues 4

Angalin

The template boxes at the bottom of the wikipedia pages (like on this page) no longer collapse, nor is the option to hide (or show) visible anymore. This has been happening for a week or two now.. (every now and then, the boxes collapse correctly, with the "show" and  "hide" options visible, but most of the time, the displays are incorrect).

Edited by Rhaenys_Targaryen

Does anyone know if there's a way to edit the bolded "Quote" text at the top of a quote box? So if I were to post an excerpt from Jaime I aFfC, I could type that into the top so it appeared instead of the word Quote? I thought I'd done it earlier when i pressed delete at the beginning of the quote and it moved to the title line, but I haven't been able to replicate it. I can't remember what the code is to do it, if that would still work?

• 3 weeks later...

Starting a separate thread didn't work yet so I'm trying this here --

My "Names" thread in General Chatter has "this thread has been archived and further posts are not allowed" (not exact words) at the top of it now. This is very odd since there are only three pages of it and it has always been allowed to go for the full 20 pages before. How can this be fixed?

9 minutes ago, Emre Mor-mont said:

You're going to need Ran for this one, Ormond: sorry.

So, is Ran now calling himself aRanycsapat on the Staff list? I just want to make sure I send a message to the correct person.

• 2 weeks later...

Will check on these. Please try to write down what these ads are for, and if possible the URLs they point to, to help us get rid of these. Also, is this on mobile or desktop?

Finally, has the issue with collapsing templates gotten sorted out? I tried a tweak to fix the issue.

2 hours ago, aRanycsapat said:

Will check on these. Please try to write down what these ads are for, and if possible the URLs they point to, to help us get rid of these. Also, is this on mobile or desktop?

On desktop. Will keep track of what the adds are for, will get back to you on this.

Finally, has the issue with collapsing templates gotten sorted out? I tried a tweak to fix the issue.

I think I posted about this on the wiki thread, but yes, the issue seems to be resolved! :) Thank you!

I also had some (hopefully) helpful thoughts about the "text alignment in mobile view" issue. I hope they are useful in some way.

On June 14, 2016 at 6:02 AM, Lordsteve666 said:

Not sure if you guys control this side of things or not but on iPhone I'm getting a really annoying pop up add that's opening up the App Store all by itself and trying to download an app. 

Only happened in some threads though. 

I am getting this as well, it seems to only happen in the literature section, and only on my iPhone.

They say they've dropped the movie ads that are causing problems. The mobile app store redirects they're looking into -- not from our main network but could be coming from someone else. If anyone can identify what apps are being pointed to (and also what devices these redirects are appearing on), that would be helpful.

Hope this is the correct thread for this...

Don't know how long this has been this way but I just happened to notice it today. When I compose a reply, or any posting for that matter, the control buttons I have are limited to:

bold, Italic, underline, add link, quote, Emojis, spoiler, and insert bullets/numbers for lists. 

Thus, there's no longer the capability of altering text size, color or font. Not a big deal, it's just... weird, I guess. Do I have to customize the control bar somehow or sumptin'?