Board Issues 4

Angalin

On July 25, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Ran said:

They say they've dropped the movie ads that are causing problems. The mobile app store redirects they're looking into -- not from our main network but could be coming from someone else. If anyone can identify what apps are being pointed to (and also what devices these redirects are appearing on), that would be helpful.

3 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I have an iPhone question.  Recently when I've been on the board via iPhone I get shunted, seemingly automatically to spam website.  Is anyone else having this problem?  

The one I just noticed seem to be an ad for a (assuming) game called Jelly Splash... Redirects to a page that has a small message along the lines of "this offer is no longer available"

on iPhone 6

edit: 2 of the URLs I've been redirected to

Edited by R'hllors Red Lobster

21 minutes ago, R'hllors Red Lobster said:

The one I just noticed seem to be an ad for a (assuming) game called Jelly Splash... Redirects to a page that has a small message along the lines of "this offer is no longer available"

on iPhone 6

edit: 2 of the URLs I've been redirected to

Those are mine too.  It's really bad if I'm off wi-fi.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I go to "Followed Content" and click on topic, it puts me on OP, it's bad, it would be better to put me at last unread, last of mine posts or at least on last page. There was previously listing of pages so I could click on the one I want, but now there isn't. 

Also it would be nice if threads were sorted by last active, not by the time I started following them, so now I have active threads in 2 or third page, while some inactive ones are on first.

Please see what you can do.

2 hours ago, Linda said:

Those are features of the software that we have no control over, I am afraid.

Thanks for the info.

Just I am almost certain it worked better before, is it about version of the forum software or something, why would they change it for worse and less comfortable.

7 hours ago, Equilibrium said:

When I go to "Followed Content" and click on topic, it puts me on OP, it's bad, it would be better to put me at last unread, last of mine posts or at least on last page. There was previously listing of pages so I could click on the one I want, but now there isn't. 

Also it would be nice if threads were sorted by last active, not by the time I started following them, so now I have active threads in 2 or third page, while some inactive ones are on first.

Please see what you can do.

You can adjust your activity streams to show you what you wish to see. I've set mine to display all threads that I've posted in, sorting by newest first. "Content I Follow" is one of the automatically set activity streams, but you can adjust them, and make that one your default steam.

By clicking on the little star in front of the topic (provided there are unread posts in the topic), you go to the first unread post in the topic. If you've read the the entire topic before, you can go to the last posted post by clicking on the clock that's on the right of the topic name.

I hope this helps!

Edited by Rhaenys_Targaryen

1 hour ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

You can adjust your activity streams to show you what you wish to see. I've set mine to display all threads that I've posted in, sorting by newest first. "Content I Follow" is one of the automatically set activity streams, but you can adjust them, and make that one your default steam.

By clicking on the little star in front of the topic (provided there are unread posts in the topic), you go to the first unread post in the topic. If you've read the the entire topic before, you can go to the last posted post by clicking on the clock that's on the right of the topic name.

I hope this helps!

Didn't know that, thanks a lot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I seem to be having a weird issue on iPhone. 

Viewing the site I have that messenger thingy pop up at the bottom of the page, it takes up so much room on a small screen I try to minimise it. But  if I click on the messenger at all it completely locks up the whole site. Can't open links, threads or do anything and have to close the tab and reopen the site. 

On 2016/09/29 at 8:12 PM, Clegane'sPup said:

Is there any way to disable that chat thing that appears on the lower right corner of the screen?

If you are using Firefox you can download the add-on called NoScript and mark go.su as untrusted. Other than using a script blocker, I don't think there is a way to permanently disable the chat window.