Board Issues 4

Angalin

More info needed. URLs would be best, more information fo what they're leading to is acceptable.

I really can't do anything with "I see pop-ups." Like, zero, and I'd like to because they're obviously annoying and not something we want. But you guys need to help out by giving me concrete information. We serve many hundreds of thousands of ads on a daily basis.

On 4/15/2017 at 3:48 PM, Ran said:

More info needed. URLs would be best, more information fo what they're leading to is acceptable.

I really can't do anything with "I see pop-ups." Like, zero, and I'd like to because they're obviously annoying and not something we want. But you guys need to help out by giving me concrete information. We serve many hundreds of thousands of ads on a daily basis.

Copied the URL that I was redirected to the last time it happened (it's becoming more frequent now). In spoiler tags to avoid accidental clicks. Open at your own risk and all that:

Edit: the URL has some potentially identifying info in it, gonna PM to Ran instead. 

ETA: clicking the link doesn't go to the same page that shows when the redirect happens so I don't know how useful this is. 

Edited by KiDisaster

I haven't been able to use the site through my phone's chrome browser for days, due to immediately being redirected to links. The current one has a fake Google Play background and a graphic saying "YOU ARE THE CHOSEN!". It's much less awful than yesterday's, which caused my phone to vibrate non-stop until I force-quit chrome entirely.

The domain link is to kusvlhhquo.xyz, with part of the code saying "city=___", which is my town. So it's identifying my area, even though my GPS locator is off. I'm typing this from my PC while looking at the phone, but the generated link shows my phone service, Android OS number, and home town, so I'd rather not link the whole thing anyway.

Edit: That was from my bookmark for the Literature forum. If I go simply to the home page, it immediately re-directs me to ohytx.net (again with a long string of identifying code after the domain name), and that one is the awful vibrating link. I hope whatever ad is causing this is solved soon! Good luck, guys.

Edited by Argonath Diver

I'm having a weird problem with the search feature. It works if I don't use any of the options and just type in the box and hit enter. But if I try to select "topics" (as opposed to articles) and "titles only" and select a specific forum to search I get a "Please wait X seconds before attempting another search" message regardless of how long it's been since my last search attempt. 

There's an obnoxious Google video ad that pops up at the top and bottom of the thread. It insists on playing, won't pause or stop and I can't scroll away from it to post. Obviously, highly annoying. I have to refresh the screen until it vanishes and is replaced by a passive text ad.

I need a url or something. If you can Inspect Page in your browser and then look up the element, that ought to provide code that allows us to get it blocked.

On 04/05/2017 at 8:16 PM, The BlackBear said:

Sorry for posting here, just testing that I can. For some reason I can't post in the Guardians of the Galaxy thread.

8 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

I can't post in the Last Kingdom thread, although I can post fine elsewhere.

I had a similar issue, but I am now able to post there.

When you say you can't post, do you get any sort of message? Does anything in particular happen or not happen? Does it let you write a post but not submit it? 

Also, what device are you using (Mac, PC, tablet, etc.), what operating system, and what browser?

ETA: Also, it would be helpful if you linked the thread in question. There are lots and lots of threads on the forum and it's not always easy to find a particular thread just by its title.

Edited by Ran