Board Issues 4

Angalin

11 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

I am unable to access anything under the Activity tab. I get:

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

Error code: 2S100/2

I tried signing out and back in, same problem. I can still browse, but can't use anything like 'unread content.'

I was just coming here to say the same type of thing is happening to me as well. However, I am getting that message when I try to look at the 'online users' list.

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

Error code: 2S100/2

Edited by The Fattest Leech

On 2017-5-19 at 9:26 PM, Mmerek Hamšzulíe said:

Yeah, I've whitelisted the domain on Adblock, have the little green thumb, but still getting the pop-up.

Don't know how or if you're allowed to do photos here, but have a screen cap.

I have the same problem still and it's really quite annoying. I have tried with Opera (Adblock) and Firefox (ABP) and have whitelisted entire domain/site to no avail. 

We're moved onto the new machine in preparation for the season.  I will probably be tuning and tweaking things over the next few days, so bear with me and call out to me or Ran here if things break. :)

Still having issues with trying to post in some threads (several, but not all of the ones I tried today). I had cleared my cache, then couldn't get the site to come up for two days. Now I'm back at square one.

Here's a screenshot of what I keep getting when I click in the little box to write a post...

This also happens in some threads when I quote another post. I get that little bit of code, the quote, and that bit of code again, and can't do anything! It usually freezes the page so closing the tab is my only option. But on the up side, I can actually get those tabs to close without closing Chrome altogether.

I also sometimes get this (screenshot) when I go to post. If I just delete it, everything is fine. If I click on "Clear editor" I get that "span data" thing, and am stuck. As of a few minutes ago I'm getting the "span data" thing when copying and pasting, but am able to delete it then.

Windows 7, on my Acer laptop, Google Chrome.

@Lady Blizzardborn,

The recent update should have fixed that. Please try clearing your caches again, close your browser, then reopen and visit the site. The issues were entirely related to the fact that a previous update accidentally failed a couple of file transfers, but we corrected that.

I'm trying to reply to a PM but when I hit "submit reply" I keep getting a msg saying something about submitting replies within too short a time frame or something. But I'm getting that since the very first time I tried. 

This is the msg:

New posts within a short time frame are limited. Please wait 9 seconds before submitting.

I'm trying to reply to a PM but when I hit "submit reply" I keep getting a msg saying something about submitting replies within too short a time frame or something. But I'm getting that since the very first time I tried. Ooops, I'm getting the same msg here.

This is the msg:

New posts within a short time frame are limited. Please wait 9 seconds before submitting.

I'm trying to reply to a PM but when I hit "submit reply" I keep getting a msg saying something about submitting replies within too short a time frame or something. But I'm getting that since the very first time I tried.

Ooops, I'm getting the same msg here.

This is the msg:

This is actually something that we're looking at fixing. It has to do with the brand new server the forum is on, which is super-powerful... but also located in Toronto, whereas the database server is in Dallas. While it has a gigabit connection over the private network, there's still significant latency as the data is routed from you to Toronto to Dalls and back again. 

Fortunately, the new server is indeed very powerful, and should be able to handle running a copy of the database. The only thing is that replicating the database will entail some downtime for the websites, so we're waiting for the right time for it. It may be this weekend.

Edited by Ran

On 5/17/2017 at 2:19 PM, Soylent Brown said:

I've no intention of disabling my adblocker on pc as the site's adverts are extremely obnoxious on my phone.

Also, I refuse to use a whitelist because some of the ads are of the incredibly irritating "YOU HAVE A VIRUS!!!!" redirect category that basically make me have to shut chrome down and restart.  Pick better ad agencies and I'd consider it.  

I don't want to use an adblocker but right now I am getting annoying video ads at the top and bottom of the forum which not only can't be paused/muted but will constantly rubberband me back up/down to the video when I try to scroll away.  Currently the adblocker message is slightly less annoying. 

On 2017-6-5 at 3:23 AM, Red Hermit said:

I don't want to use an adblocker but right now I am getting annoying video ads at the top and bottom of the forum which not only can't be paused/muted but will constantly rubberband me back up/down to the video when I try to scroll away.  Currently the adblocker message is slightly less annoying. 

Yes, this is making the forum borderline unusable.

I don't know if you guys notice, but there are lots and lots of ads out there -- many, many thousands get served in a day, often different from one another, and the way it works is they show up through different exchanges and so on... so, pretty hard to track even if you provide a description of the ad, the brand its associated with, etc.

I'd be EXTREMELY happy to try and fix these things because we want to detract from the experience as little as possible while still being able to afford to run the site, but saying "video ads" gives me nothing to go off of. At the very least I need a copy-and-paste of the url of the ad, usually obtainable by right clicking and copying the link address or, if on mobile, pressing and holding for a bit until the option shows up in the context menu, to have a hope of getting them removed. 

And the best thing is once I figure out where they're coming from, I can probably see about making sure we get no more video ads from that source. But I do need the help.

Edited by Ran