Board Issues 4

Angalin

Not sure what's going on with the ads but I'm getting ones that are playing some video at top and bottom and every time I read a thread, it automatically goes to the bottom to look at the ad. I scroll up, then it goes to the bottom again. I type in this reply and it tries to go to the top and bottom to play the ad. It makes it impossible to read the forum. 

This happening to anyone else?

Yes, it's happening to me, too.  I am also getting redirected, though I didn't pay attention to what site it was.

I am glad...err... not glad, but it's... whatever, it's not just me.  I will try to get screen shots and URLs next time it happens. (Chrome, Windows 10)

Hello. 

I'm having problems with updating my profile. 

I can update basic info, but as soon as I click the "about me" field, the page crashes. Then it saves a bunch of random characters in that field. 

I can also not update the header image. It just isn't saving the image. I have tried multiple sizes and resolutions 

these problems are happening on a desktop running windows 10 and an iPhone in Safari 

Thanks in advance 

I hope I'm not the only one getting problems since yesterday... I assume it has something to do with the show back on? The site is extremely slow to load, and most of the time it gives me a message that it's down and I can retry for live version or something.

We are definitely aware of the issue after the first episode aired, and will try to sort it out soon. Unfortunately we are not at home and have not had time to work on the problem. Bear with us a couple of days and we'll with on tuning the system further.

We've made a couple of backend tweaks that seem to have reduced server load substantially... but there's the niggling problem that sometimes it also leads to the database getting quite backed up for no obvious reason. We're monitoring it and trying to fix the problem as it happens, but it may take a day or two to sort out the precise solution.

• 2 weeks later...

This website is killing me on Chrome on both my macbook air and pro.  I always keep it open in a tab, and lately it will randomly reload that page even if it's been hours since I last clicked on anything here or had that tab to the front.  It's causing my machines to run very hot and eating a lot of juice.  The ad I seem to see most commonly when it occurs is for Sling TV, but it's not always there when the problem occurs.  Today it bogged down my machine so much that I've started just closing the tab.  

I cleared my cache and rebooted my laptop this morning, and tonight I've got an ad for Epic Ski that is autoplaying video, and it did sound for a short time.  Big drag on responsiveness and it made my laptop extremely hot again.

• 2 weeks later...

I have two weird things happening... 

First, for the past week/10 days, my settings change on their own or it's a poltergeist. I start following any threads I post in, and after realising I wasn't getting notifications for threads I had posted in I decided to check my settings. And sure enough, that option was in-checked. I turned it on again, but it turned itself off again. And we've been at it ever since. 

Second, and this has just happened now for the first time... I was trying to post and when I hit "submit" the box to the left that says "notify me of replies" and looks green (because it's checked) turned grey, unchecked, and the post never went through. 

Any suggestions? 

ETA: # 2 obviously didn't happen here! :D

Edited by kissdbyfire

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

None of my devices remembers my name or password and I have to sign in and write them every time despite always having the "remember me" box turnt on. It started happening about a week ago.

Hmm, right around the time I did some tweaks, but I've no idea why those specific tweaks would cause such problem.

May I suggest that you and Kissdbyfire clear your caches and see what happens? in regard to these issues? Or at least clear your westeros.org-related cookies.