Board Issues 4

Angalin

Invision did away with mobile skins awhile ago. There’s just responsive skins now.

You might try clearing your Safari cache. I’m using a tablet and not experiencing slowness at the moment.

For what it's worth, I'm on iPad as well and it's running pretty smoothly and much faster than before the change/upgrade. I don't even have to refresh the page to see if there are new notifications, they just pop up now like on pc. :dunno:

Also really like the background options even if CR looks like it's giving me the middle finger! Maybe it's because I badmouth Tywin so hard. :laugh:

19 minutes ago, LynnS said:

Is there a personal messaging function?  I don't see it anymore.

Yeah, top left, right next to the globe thingy where you get posts notifications. It's the 5th item on the same row where you see your profile pic and username.

21 minutes ago, LynnS said:

Is there a personal messaging function?  I don't see it anymore.

Yes. You can start a message from someone's profile, for instance. Or you can compose new messages from the messaging icon (the speech bubble up top)

Edited by Ran

2 hours ago, Inigima said:

Is there no longer a way to view a member's display name history? I can't find it anymore and it was useful to know who someone was after they changed their display name.

Think I may have managed to put that feature back on. Let me know if it works.

31 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Just noticed something's gone wonky w/ the quote function. I saw quite a few posts quoting other posts where the quoted part became a bit jumbled/different from the original. :dunno:

Are these posts made since the upgrade or older posts from before it?

8 minutes ago, Ran said:

Are these posts made since the upgrade or older posts from before it?

Last night's. I'll link the first ones I noticed here, gimme a sec.

I just checked the two posts and one was edited, and the other looks perfectly normal now. :wacko:

Is it possible for whatever it was to have resolved itself? Either that or I'm hallucinating. :eek:

Edited by kissdbyfire

8 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Last night's. I'll link the first ones I noticed here, gimme a sec.

I just checked the two posts and one was edited, and the other looks perfectly normal now. :wacko:

Is it possible for whatever it was to have resolved itself? Either that or I'm hallucinating. :eek:

Could be that as a cache cleared over night, it fixed things. If you spot another example, note the link to the post and if you can get a screenshot (upload it to imgur, that's easiest)

Just now, Ran said:

Could be that as a cache cleared over night, it fixed things. If you spot another example, note the link to the post and if you can get a screenshot (upload it to imgur, that's easiest)

Dunno about the overnight clearing. I'm positive one of these posts was made last night, I read it last night. But I noticed the difference in the text early this morning. This one even had a symbol in a word, instead of a letter. 

But yeah, if I find another I'll get a screenshot and link here. 

11 hours ago, Ran said:

Think I may have managed to put that feature back on. Let me know if it works.

This works, thank you! The first person I looked at didn't show it, I assume because they didn't have any previous display names, but I checked my own and it's there.

6 hours ago, Inigima said:

This works, thank you! The first person I looked at didn't show it, I assume because they didn't have any previous display names, but I checked my own and it's there.

How about my profile? I've changed it a few times over the years for the big football tournaments.

23 hours ago, Inigima said:

nvm I answered my own question! 

BTW @Ran thank you for turning that functionality back on. I really missed it when it was gone. 

Edited by Xray the Enforcer

Ok, something funny again. Was just reading the Small Questions thread and noticed that a post I made there changed. Didn't get a screenshot because there's nothing to see. But I edited that post to add something, and that's gone. And yes, I am taking my meds and am 100% sure I edited that post and saved the changes! :D