Board Issues 4

Angalin

This may be more of a small question, but, can the page number line on each thread be lightened on the phone version? I am on my phone a lot because of work, and the page number boxes for each thread on the index pages are really bulky and dark, which takes away from the visual ease of scanning to see what the thread title is and which thread you've already read or not. The numbers just seems too visually important when they aren't. I have no idea if it looks this way on tablets, but on my laptop the thread page numbers are a lighter grey (and easier to scan the forum page).

Thanks,

TF Leech

4 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

This may be more of a small question, but, can the page number line on each thread be lightened on the phone version? I am on my phone a lot because of work, and the page number boxes for each thread on the index pages are really bulky and dark, which takes away from the visual ease of scanning to see what the thread title is and which thread you've already read or not. The numbers just seems too visually important when they aren't. I have no idea if it looks this way on tablets, but on my laptop the thread page numbers are a lighter grey (and easier to scan the forum page).

Thanks,

TF Leech

What device are you using? On Android they are pretty light.

ETA: Ah, I see what you mean. The black boxes are pretty distinct, though in my skimming they act as an anchor that underscores the title more than a distraction. But I'll see if those buttons are defined sufficiently differently on mobile that the color can be tweaked to something a little less starkly black.

Edited by Ran

18 hours ago, Ran said:

What device are you using? On Android they are pretty light.

ETA: Ah, I see what you mean. The black boxes are pretty distinct, though in my skimming they act as an anchor that underscores the title more than a distraction. But I'll see if those buttons are defined sufficiently differently on mobile that the color can be tweaked to something a little less starkly black.

Thanks. I hate to sound bossy, but figured I'd ask.

--Leech

• 3 weeks later...

What is the odd thing (that looks vaguely like a tiny trophycup) that appears when you click on a heart/like of a post?

Is it supposed to indicate "I'll drink to that" or what? Its not clear to me at all what its supposed to represent.

1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

What is the odd thing (that looks vaguely like a tiny trophycup) that appears when you click on a heart/like of a post?

Is it supposed to indicate "I'll drink to that" or what? Its not clear to me at all what its supposed to represent.

You can give a post a "like". The additional options (you see when hovering over the heart symbol) are "sad", "confused", "haha", and "trophy".

• 3 weeks later...

We presently have a problem with the cURL module on the server, which is necessary for embedding. We're working on getting it sorted out. It's a bit tricky because a recent standard package for our current server does not exist, so Sparks has to do a bit of finagling to make it work.

Yes, we've reported it, but it would be helpful to know what ads you are seeing and what links they lead to when this happens. The more reports and data, the quicker we can deal with this.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...