Board Issues 4

Angalin

Hi there, I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I registered to the forum recently, but have been lurking for a long time, and I've always had the same problem: while I'm reading a post, the page goes all orange (like the background colour), covering the text and everything else. I found that if I put the page in background, and then open it again, the text reappears.

Now that I finally wrote a post a few minutes ago, I had the same problem but worse: the page basically turns orange every couple of seconds, intermittently.

I'm using Chrome on an Android phone.

On 9/20/2018 at 1:25 AM, kissdbyfire said:

This could be an issue on my end, but it's never happened before, so...

trying to read this:

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/News/Entry/News_Roundup

but the page turns black and I can see a thing. :dunno:

Thanks for the report. What browser and device is this happening on? I've tried it with two Android devices, an iPad, and various browsers on PC and haven't seen it.

4 minutes ago, Ran said:

Thanks for the report. What browser and device is this happening on? I've tried it with two Android devices, an iPad, and various browsers on PC and haven't seen it.

Safari on iPad. Will try to get a screenshot. 

4 minutes ago, Ran said:

Is Chrome any different or does it cause the same issue? My one thought is to clear your Safari cache and see if that helps.

I did clear it, made no difference. I don't have Chrome installed, but will try that when I get home and will let you know how it goes. Cheers.

Here's the screenshot:

https://m.imgur.com/a/ebIwdUB

35 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I did clear it, made no difference. I don't have Chrome installed, but will try that when I get home and will let you know how it goes. Cheers.

Here's the screenshot:

https://m.imgur.com/a/ebIwdUB

Do try Chrome, but I've made one quick tweak, let me know if that has helped at all.

18 hours ago, Ran said:

Thank you. Will report it in.

Thanks. Since reporting it I’ve had it happen on at least one other website so this could actually be a problem my end. I’ll try clearing caches and running some anti virus software etc 

• 3 months later...

I've noticed something viewing my profile recently. Some of the emoticon notification messages have suddenly disappeared after being present for days or weeks. The like/laugh/thanks etc. emoticon still shows on the individual post it was attached to, but the messages informing me (and others) of the notations have gone AWOL. I've come across at least three so far since I noticed it and they didn't all happen at the same time, although two were from the same post and happened close to each other (as far as I can tell).

Not a big deal to me personally, but I thought it might indicate a larger software issue you may want to look into.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m unable to respond to the topic “Poll: is Varys a woman” every time I click on the response box the page reloads and it eventually goes to “a problem repeatedly occurred on the page”

i have a response in the editor which I tried to post so I don’t know I found it is related to that

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I’m unable to respond to the topic “Poll: is Varys a woman” every time I click on the response box the page reloads and it eventually goes to “a problem repeatedly occurred on the page”

i have a response in the editor which I tried to post so I don’t know I found it is related to that

I'm getting the same, but n every topic I try to view. But only on ios, seems to be working fine on android. :dunno:

Edited by kissdbyfire