Board Issues 4

Angalin

56 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

IOS here too

It's weird... I've actually been having this issue on and off for a couple of months now. I thought maybe the prob was my end, and never brought it up here. 

I still can't do anything on iPad but android is perfectly fine. 

13 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

It's weird... I've actually been having this issue on and off for a couple of months now. I thought maybe the prob was my end, and never brought it up here. 

I still can't do anything on iPad but android is perfectly fine. 

Yeah, same here. It’s not every thread for me, just the odd few where I get a constant reload/a problem has repeatedly occurred, but certainly seems to be an iOS issue

14 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Yeah, same here. It’s not every thread for me, just the odd few where I get a constant reload/a problem has repeatedly occurred, but certainly seems to be an iOS issue

To be accurate, I'm not sure it's every thread. When it happens I try a few and then just sort of give up and switch to phone. 

7 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Thanks. The issue is actually getting worse/more frequent. Earlier I got the “problem repeatedly occurred” page just trying to get the forum to open

Do you think you could screenshot it?

On 3/4/2019 at 3:41 AM, Ran said:

Do you think you could screenshot it?

On 3/4/2019 at 4:51 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

This is the error page I get when it happens

https://imgur.com/a/PGgW61n 

It’s happening again for me. And while I end up getting the same thing as HelenaEx, it starts like this (for me?):

https://m.imgur.com/a/YJDG3eM

Just now, Ran said:

I've been testing it on my iPad and have not been able to replicate it. Still working on trying to figure out what's going on!

Cheers.

It’s really odd because it’s totally unpredictable, as far as I can tell... :dunno:

And for me, when it starts it usually goes on for at least a good few hours, and then it’s perfectly fine and normal again. Fwiw, have never experienced it on PC or android phone.

8 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

It’s happening again for me. And while I end up getting the same thing as HelenaEx, it starts like this (for me?):

https://m.imgur.com/a/YJDG3eM

Yep this is how it starts and then it goes to the screen I linked to. Happened again yesterday.

i don’t have near as many tabs open though :lol:

8 hours ago, Ran said:

I've been testing it on my iPad and have not been able to replicate it. Still working on trying to figure out what's going on!

8 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Cheers.

It’s really odd because it’s totally unpredictable, as far as I can tell... :dunno:

And for me, when it starts it usually goes on for at least a good few hours, and then it’s perfectly fine and normal again. Fwiw, have never experienced it on PC or android phone.

Same as KBF it seems random. However I found with some at least (Varys is a woman for example) that it happens whenever I try to view/reply rather than fixing itself after a few hours. I will try that thread again today to see if it still happens.

And it’s always on safari/iOS for me too

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

i don’t have near as many tabs open though :lol:

Sometimes it’s soooo hard to find the one you’re looking for! :lol:

59 minutes ago, Ran said:

Do let me know if it happens there again for you, and I'll try on my device.

Have either of you tried Chrome on iOS? Does it get the same result?

I’ll try that in the afternoon and will let you know. Will also try the Varys is a woman thread to see what happens. 

And btw last night it didn’t go on for as long as it usually does. Happened a handful of times in the span of 15 mins or so, and then everything was normal again. 

8 hours ago, Ran said:

Do let me know if it happens there again for you, and I'll try on my device.

Have either of you tried Chrome on iOS? Does it get the same result?

Still happening on that thread for safari. I’ll need to download chrome and try

3 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Still happening on that thread for safari. I’ll need to download chrome and try

I did try the thread earlier today, but experienced no issues. I didn’t try to post, just viewing. :dunno:

19 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I did try the thread earlier today, but experienced no issues. I didn’t try to post, just viewing. :dunno:

I only used that thread because it’s comsistently had problems for me. It seems entirely random though

edit: interesting. Cleared cache and that thread works now

Edited by HelenaExMachina

So, the same issue started happening again while trying to view the book and show topic (GoT). It happened three or four times, then I switched to Chrome and tried viewing the same topic. No problems whatsoever. I haven’t tried clearing the cache on Safari yet.