Board Issues 4

Angalin

Just now, Gronzag said:

I just did it and it's all the same. But it's still possible that the issue is on my side, specifically chrome since there are no issues with firefox.

What version of Chrome are you on? You've probably upgraded to the latest, but if you haven't, try that.

1 minute ago, Ckram said:

Here it's: https://ibb.co/52CNpZV

However I just found out that if I zoom in enough so the side ads disappear it becames smooth and usable again. Holy shit...

I haven't seen any real changes in the kind of ads we're getting. Are the ads you get when this happens videos or something? 

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2019 at 12:38 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

Yeah, same here. It’s not every thread for me, just the odd few where I get a constant reload/a problem has repeatedly occurred, but certainly seems to be an iOS issue

On 3/4/2019 at 8:51 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

This is the error page I get when it happens

https://imgur.com/a/PGgW61n 

On 3/11/2019 at 8:56 AM, Ran said:

Do let me know if it happens there again for you, and I'll try on my device.

Have either of you tried Chrome on iOS? Does it get the same result?

Having this issue again after things seemed to be fixed for a lomg while. It has been specifically on the Mental Health Wellbeing thread so far

On 11/7/2019 at 2:29 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

Having this issue again after things seemed to be fixed for a lomg while. It has been specifically on the Mental Health Wellbeing thread so far

Same here. After a long while where it was normal, it started again but only noticed on one thread in General asoiaf (can’t remember which one now). 

44 minutes ago, The Sunland Lord said:

On the cell phone it says it's downtime while upgrading the forum software, while on PC works good. Now I don't know if that's what it is or there is some problem only happening to my phone? Not an expert for these things.

I was like 15 days oblivious that the forum works until I tried through my computer.  

That has to be some kind of cache issue with your mobile phone browser. Try and clear it, or alternatively manually type in asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php and see if that fixes it.

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2019 at 2:29 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

@Ran, FYI, same weird thing started again for me yesterday. On Safari and Chrome, and only on the “green vs. black” thread (General ASoIaF).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, The Monkey said:

This has probably been asked before, but how come there is no search function on this site? (If there is, it's incredibly well disguised.)

It's really, really frustrating.

There is one. See here for an example:_ https://imgur.com/a/TTWEsjL

On mobile, you may have to swipe left as sometimes the layout comes out wrong and it pushes it off screen, but it's in a similar position there.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the 'new' version of the forum incompatible with Brave and Fire Fox? Using either I can't break up quotes when I post. I can't send messages either. I don't like this design. I want a preview button and while I'm at it, for what reason is there no option for me to deactivate or delete my account if I want to? 

On 2/17/2020 at 1:34 AM, Sourjapes said:

Is the 'new' version of the forum incompatible with Brave and Fire Fox? Using either I can't break up quotes when I post. I can't send messages either. 

I use Firefox and have no trouble with it. Sometimes other users have made errors in their own posts that can cause threads to break, however, limiting the ability to post or edit until they are fixed. That may be the issue you are seeing. Shouldn't really affect attempts to send messages, though.

On 2/17/2020 at 1:34 AM, Sourjapes said:

for what reason is there no option for me to deactivate or delete my account if I want to? 

Most websites don't allow you to deactivate or delete your own account manually.

You are free to ask for it, however, and I'll take care of it.

• 3 weeks later...