Board Issues 4

Angalin

17 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Ooops, missed that. But the problem remains - it asks me for my current password, which I can't remember. There is no "Can't remember" setting.

I think I can send you a reset mail. Will try that.

ETA: Emailed you the new password. Let me know if you don't get it.

Edited by Ran

23 minutes ago, Ran said:

Thank-you! It took me a few moments to figure out what happened, I was in the middle of writing a post and when your notification came up I could no longer get in. All is well now!

8 hours ago, Ran said:

Interestingly enough, I now cannot stay logged in to Westeros on my phones, I have to log in every time I look at this site, which is very annoying. Before I could just click on Westeros General Chatter and go straight to the page, logged in. I have "remember me" clicked, as I always have had. Any ideas?

Here it is a day later and I cannot stay logged in to Westeros. Is this a Westeros problem, a Google problem or an iPhone problem? 
And even though I have “remember me” checked, on one of my phones that doesn’t work either.

Anyone else having this problem?

26 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Here it is a day later and I cannot stay logged in to Westeros. Is this a Westeros problem, a Google problem or an iPhone problem? 
And even though I have “remember me” checked, on one of my phones that doesn’t work either.

Anyone else having this problem?

At a guess, it's a phone problem. Try clearing all the cookies for Safari, restarting the phone just to make sure all the cached data is wiped, and then try logging in. It may stick then.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone

I was having trouble looking for how to delete my account, but it seems to be impossible. Could someone with that kind of power permaban me from here please? 

I used to love this forum so much but I feel like ASOIAF belongs in the past for me now. And it still bothers me that I've been waiting 11 years for some news on the new book

Anyway, could someone do this for me? Is it here that I should ask for that? Thank you so much!

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that when I try to use the search box, the drop down menu for what forums to search is tucked behind everything else, so I can't select anything. When I just search 'Everything' (that's the only box I can see) I get an error.

I'm using Chrome on a Chromebook. I'll try another computer to see if I get it there too. 

eta: It happens in Chrome on the PC too. Works ok in Firefox. 

Edited by Tyria
update

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Bale's Bald Spot said:

Is there a reason why we're getting notifications for reactions now? Is this a new setting that can be turned off?

It can be turned off via Account Settings > Notification Settings > Notify when someone gives reputation.

• 1 month later...

The page lists (i.e. 1, 2, 3, ...) on both the thread pages and the subforum pages seem to be gone?

Like if you're on a subforum page, you can click on page "1, 2, 3... Last" under each thread - however you can't do that while on the thread itself;

and going to page 2 etc. of a subforum is impossible too.

On 7/27/2021 at 12:10 AM, Pink Fat Rast said:

The page lists (i.e. 1, 2, 3, ...) on both the thread pages and the subforum pages seem to be gone?

Like if you're on a subforum page, you can click on page "1, 2, 3... Last" under each thread - however you can't do that while on the thread itself;

and going to page 2 etc. of a subforum is impossible too.

Not an issue I've seen anyone else report. Has this resolved for you?

2 minutes ago, Pink Fat Rast said:

Hm, still the same - but only on mobile (incl. the "desktop version"); on the laptop everything's working (checked it since my last post).

Android or iOs? Chrome, Safari, or other browser?

I see the number of the current page on my mobile device at the bottom of the thread, and if you touch it you get the option to type a page number. It's true you don't get the option to go specifically to page 73 74 75 76, but I'm not sure that has ever been the case. Or am I mistaken on that? This is on an Android phone, using Chrome.

42 minutes ago, Ran said:

Android or iOs? Chrome, Safari, or other browser?

I see the number of the current page on my mobile device at the bottom of the thread, and if you touch it you get the option to type a page number. It's true you don't get the option to go specifically to page 73 74 75 76, but I'm not sure that has ever been the case. Or am I mistaken on that? This is on an Android phone, using Chrome.

Hm, I've got Kiwi browser atm, which uses chromium software; Android. 

Don't see that current page number anywhere either, hm...

Last time I was here was last summer, also using Kiwi on Android but it was an older device - the page lists were showing up as normal back then, like they do now on Windows. 

But oh well, if this is such a browser-specific issue it's prob not that crucial lol 

Edited by Pink Fat Rast

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, felice said:

I've been getting a lot of Cloudflare captchas trying to access the site recently, which is a bit of a nuisance. Is there anything that can be done about it on the server side?

Travelling ATM, but I will look into it when I can. Those are quite rare, and are a security thing if your ISP has had spam/bot issues, as I understand it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2021 at 3:07 AM, Ran said:

Travelling ATM, but I will look into it when I can. Those are quite rare, and are a security thing if your ISP has had spam/bot issues, as I understand it.

Been getting these Captchas a lot lately, logging in @werk. pretty much every time I log in, sometimes even when I open links and am already on the site.

6 minutes ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

Been getting these Captchas a lot lately, logging in @werk. pretty much every time I log in, sometimes even when I open links and am already on the site.

Is that with your current address? I can put in an exception I think.

2 minutes ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

Yes it is.  Thanks!

I've tried that out, let me know how it works. That said, I think Cloudflare may be having issues because I've gotten the Captcha as well, and have never gotten it before. Their security systems may be acting up.