Board Issues 4

Angalin

On 11/12/2021 at 2:23 AM, felice said:

No, just a few years ago.

Aha. Nice to hear that sense prevailed in the end, at least. Did they provide any justifications or reasons why they stopped that policy, which may be of help swaying the admins in here too?

15 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Try disabling blurred background. That made a big difference to scrolling lag for me.

Thanks but I did that to little difference

EDIT It's working like clockwork now! Thanks a lot

Edited by TheLastWolf
obv

• 3 weeks later...

Board is super clunky today, really slow to load, search function enforcing waits between searches-- and it's definitely not a me problem, connection is tight. Just a heads up. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
1 minute ago, The Grey Wolf Strikes Back said:

For whatever reason, I can't send/submit messages/replies when using Firefox.

I assume you've tested with other browsers and they work?

• 2 months later...

I can login with Discord and FB but Twitter is just showing something went wrong. Something to do with Musk and Zuckerberg? Just kidding, I just want to know if this has been the case for some time or is it new. Thank you in advance mods for looking into it :P. Lord @Ran

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/2/2022 at 7:08 PM, TheLastWolf said:

I can login with Discord and FB but Twitter is just showing something went wrong. Something to do with Musk and Zuckerberg? Just kidding, I just want to know if this has been the case for some time or is it new. Thank you in advance mods for looking into it :P. Lord @Ran

Still same

BTW

Does most online change or not? I think its the same since I joined 2n1/2 years back, 8554.

TQ

48 minutes ago, Ran said:

I will have to check on Twitter login. Never used it myself. May be we need to do an api change or something.,

Thanks!

2 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Does most online change or not? I think its the same since I joined 2n1/2 years back, 8554.

And this? Not exactly an issue, just curious, wondering why I never wondered before...

On 8/31/2022 at 8:53 PM, Ran said:

I do believe that was the peak of forum visitor traffic we ever had at any one moment. I forget when it was. Red Wedding maybe? Until we surpass it, that remains as is.

Oh I misunderstood the most online thing, took it to mean number of frequent visitors, not the peak number of visitors ever. Sorry, my bad. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

My computer started throwing up security warning notifications when I'm on the forum: "Web Attack: Webpulse Bad Reputation Domain Request detected".

It happens about every 30 seconds, so I've turned off the notifications. But of course that doesn't mean the computer isn't constantly logging these so called "web attacks".

15 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

My computer started throwing up security warning notifications when I'm on the forum: "Web Attack: Webpulse Bad Reputation Domain Request detected".

I suspect it's just something to do with an ad server that may have served malware at some point and got listed. Is this using Norton, Symantec, or McCaffee, or some other antivirus of that sort?

ETA: If possible, could you go into the antivirus logs and see if it provides the URL that caused the trigger?

Edited by Ran