Board Issues 4

Angalin

[ quote name=Avlonnic" post="6890583" timestamp="1428514888]

I am having trouble with quoting. Instead of the regular quote, it defaults to code language. How do I correct this? Many thanks in advance...

Like this - perhaps it is only in the preview box. Sorry about that.

Edited by Avlonnic

Thats likely due to the fact the forums are on limited mode. Due to the very heavy traffic now that the season is gonna air, they usually put the forums down into a mode that doesnt run every feature. Profiles are actually disabled right now. Third year here and counting.

After the wiki upgrade, we seem to have some residual issues that are causing more problems than we had expected. We hope after a couple of days of tinkering, we may be in a better position to at least keep some features up and running during the show.

I can't see recent content (my own participated threads, etc). It gives me an error that search is disabled (this may be on purpose on your part).

But I want to say, I'm sure with the leaks and the premier of GoT tonight, you have a LOT on your plate, so this isn't a complaint, just a heads up.

LOVE your site and and the trouble you go through for the fans. Thank you SO much.

Just wondering (and it may be a long shot) if there's any way to recover an account (be able to log in and use it once more) that uses an email I no longer have? If not, then I suppose I'll trudge ahead with this new account, but it would be lovely if there was.

Thanks for any answers you can provide.

I am going to be an ass, but this forum has the most problems, the most often of any forum I visit. There are probably a big number of people using it, but still, no other big forum with a lot of traffic I have ever used had so many problems. And the issue isn't just about the problems that are happening just now.

Edited by Qhorin Halfhand and Yoren

@Ran, is the Tapatalk disabled now?

I can still access the forums on Tapatalk, but the "my contents" won't load.. no surprise, as the option is disabled on the boards as well :) The "recent activity" (or whatever that option is called), is disabled in the app as well. Notifications still (mostly) seem to work, and reading threads and responding to posts still goes fine..

I am going to be an ass, but this forum has the most problems, the most often of any forum I visit. There are probably a big number of people using it, but still, no other big forum with a lot of traffic I have ever used had so many problems. And the issue isn't just about the problems that are happening just now.

Perhaps you could try and explain these problems, so that the relevant people can try and help, instead of just moaning about "problems" in general? :)

Edited by HelenaExMachina

Perhaps you could try and explain these problems, so that the relevant people can try and help, instead of just moaning about "problems" in general? :)

I didn't explain because I assumed everyone got them and the people running these forums didn't need me to enlighten them about it. Usually it is an error problem not allowing me to use the forums which doesn't seem to have anything to do with whether I am logged on or not. Error or loading offline version.

Of course there are also some disabled features right now, but that is less of an issue for me.

Edited by Qhorin Halfhand and Yoren

I didn't explain because I assumed everyone got them and the people running these forums didn't need me to enlighten them about it. Usually it is an error problem not allowing me to use the forums which doesn't seem to have anything to do with whether I am logged on or not. Error or loading offline version.

I was getting those throughout the day. Usually the message from the forum software but sometimes the Varnish error.

Of note - GoDaddy was down for a good bit today. I don't know the hosting situation here re: upstream so that may not have had any effect on the boards. Personally, I'd love to see the server's Apache & PHP configurations (not that they should *ever* give that info out) just to see what tweaks they've tried on that end.

We (or rather, our sysadmin Sparks) have spent a lot of time each year on tweaking the configuration, which has included running some pretty exotic variants. In fact, I don't think we're on Apache now, though I could be wrong. :)

At the moment, Sparks is dealing with a nasty flu (by the sounds of it, similar to what knocked me and Ran out for two weeks), so she hasn't been able to look into some errors that we think started cropping up after we upgraded the wiki.

We're also hoping that the new version of IPB will solve some of the various forum issues that aren't server-related, though I am not sure when we will dare to upgrade.

I can still access the forums on Tapatalk, but the "my contents" won't load.. no surprise, as the option is disabled on the boards as well :) The "recent activity" (or whatever that option is called), is disabled in the app as well. Notifications still (mostly) seem to work, and reading threads and responding to posts still goes fine..

I can only see "Popular" section...

but I still get notifications...