Board Issues 4

Angalin

I like the I like the new look, just a couple of things:

Any idea when the October database might be up? I'm just not sure whether to bother reposting a few things or wait it out.

And the mobile skin currently shunts everything over to the left hand side; weirdly on my iPhone, while it's loading it looks fine. Then fully loaded, it compresses to the left. 

Appreciate all your hard work though guys, I'm sure it's no fun having a bunch of complaints waiting after busting a gut updating the place.

Regarding the skin, there is no way to make this board look like the old board, the software was completely rewritten and the skin that the forum maker provides is much too different.

I do agree that the posts seem to float together  a bit, so I will need to see if I can find anything in the skin to fix that.

One thing I can say about the signatures and posts running together: if everyone will kindly center-justify their signatures, it helps a bit. Also, using grey text in signatures helps and makes them a tad less obnoxious. No too much less obnoxious - wouldn't want to overdo it now - but a little less so.  

As for most recent comment on a thread: when you're looking through the list of topics, on the far right it shows the picture of the last person to comment and under the pic, it says "30 min" or however long it's been. Click on the "30 min" itself and you go to the last post. Not the last one you've read, but the last one in the thread at least. 

Edited by LmL

We don't know when or if that will happen, its down to the support from the forum software and they have not responded for over week.

This might be a dumb question, but these forum-maker people seem kinda shitty... has there been any thought to use someone else's software altogether? Screw these people, since they won't even respond to email or support their own product, that kind of thing? I'm guessing it raises a whole host of other issues or you would have done it, but I had to ask. It's pretty damn super lame for them to have such a large client and just leave you dangling in the wind. 

They were responding quite well until this past week. It turns out that something (not exactly clear as to what) has happened that led to a disruption of their customer support and from today they've gotten in more customer support people to get through the backlog that has piled up.

This hasn't happened before, and so we're just in an unfortunately timed position that it happened just now, basically. Invision has been quite professional and dependable with their help, up to now. The very serious problems we had with getting the initial upgrade going was something that they've worked with us to sort out for over a month, and in the process some bugs in their software were discovered that they've been patching up.

Testing.

Just used the latest version of Opera to post this, no issue at all that I can see. Try clearing your caches and see if that helps. If it doesn't, try the latest version (if you aren't already doing so).

Edited by Ran

Testing.

Just used the latest version of Opera to post this, no issue at all that I can see. Try clearing your caches and see if that helps. If it doesn't, try the latest version (if you aren't already doing so).

You're right, it works now. I swear it didn't when I tried earlier. Goddamn computers.

FWIW, notifications don't seem to be working. I'm subscribed to this thread, but I am not getting notifications when someone comments here. I was getting them last night, but not today.

Hi, 

Previously on the forum there was a link for the IRC chat channel #westeros. It's no longer there - now there are only options for Westeros/Forums/Wiki/MUSH. 

Is there still a link for this chat kicking about somewhere that I haven't seen, or is it likely to be restored if and when this forum is converted to something else?

Cheers.

That's a really good question. I don't have that IRC link saved either....