Board Issues 4

Angalin

I can see that you don't actually have those options on, though. If you go to http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/notifications/options/, you'll want to turn on the appropriate settings for "I receive a message" and "Someone comments on something I follow", respectively.

I recommend everyone having notification issues double check their settings. It's a lot more fine-grained and detailed now.

I can recall that the last time I checked (before the weekend), I was unable to check those boxes, but I just looked and was able to check them now, and it all seems to be working just fine :)

Thanks! :)

I'm viewing on an iPhone and the new site is almost unusable. 

Most of the content is squashed into a narrow strip down the left side with the rest being blank space. 

It means without zooming in to a ridiculous level you pretty much can't view anything. 

Also the reply button doesn't appear half the time for some reason. 

Gmail seem to always give the following message on emails from the board:

"Why is this message in Spam? It is in violation of Google's recommended email sender guidelines."

As far as I can tell, without changes to the settings on the mail sender, this will always go to spam, no matter whether the email address is in the safe sender list or how many times the person receiving the email marks it as not spam. I don't know if anyone more technical on me can advise on any way to make gmail stop doing this from my end? 

But there's also good news! The receive notifications when I receive a message option is no longer greyed out, woo! So hopefully I'll start receiving emails for messages now, I'll just have to remember to check my spam :)

So, just got part of this spam issue solved. If you go to your inbox settings, you'll see a bunch of options. First is, I think, 'default', and a side window shows 'try the tabs again' or something like that. If you click on it, you get another window with a number of options like 'promotions', 'social', etc;  the bottom one is 'forums'. Mine wasn't checked, and I checked it just to see what would happen. And it worked in part. For instance, I've just received a notification for this thread, and it went to my inbox, as it used to before. Otoh, a reply to a topic I follow still went to the spam folder. So maybe it's even more confusing now. :eek:

On mobile device you have to click on your user name, then you get the scroll down options; one is 'ignored users', and if you click there you're redirected to your ignored users list, where you have the option to 'add new user to ignore list'. 

Also, it seems the issue with gmail and spam is resolved. I *think* I'm getting all the emails I should, and none are going to the spam folder anymore. 

Edited by kissdbyfire

I am posting this from Firefox as I am having trouble using the forum on my mobile phone's browser. I can log in on my phone. However, I cannot go to next page from within a thread - the next/previous/last etc. buttons at the bottoms of each page don't work. I also can't use the last unread post feature on my phone, or the go-to-numbered-page buttons.  I can go to the first page of each thread, and can also go to the final post in each thread and therefore to the last page, but can't use any other thread-browsing features.

I also can't reply to threads on my phone.

I use the standard Android browser.

I'm having similar problems on my phone.

In order to go to the next page, I have to press and hold the "Next" button where the options appear to Open, Open in New Window, etc.  Just clicking on the "Next" Button never works.  The website appears to require a lot of data when browsing.  Not only do pages load slowly, but they also force my internet browser to crash and close.  I can usually view up to 10 pages before it crashes and closes on me.

Currently, I cannot reply or comment at all on my Android.  The General Forum is moving much more slowly (ie # of posts per hour) since the update.  I wonder if other users aren't having the same problem.

Re. signature editing we can't change the police size of links or change the size of paragraph space - that would help in making our signatures more distinct from our posts?

Go to account settings, select signature and make the changes you would like.  The font and size options weren't available a couple of days ago and are back now.  If the signature violates the signature rules (more than 5 lines) then it will not save.

I think I saw a bug (dunno if It has been fixed)

When I write, and someone posts, the board shows it ("X people have replied"). If I hit that, it updates the board. But if I post, it doesnt' show me the new X posts.

This was actually an issue for me on the old boards too. Except on the old boards, hitting "X people have replied" wouldn't show the new replies either, so if I hit post my post would 'grey out' and say "Saving post and nothing would happen (although when I refreshed the page it still posted to the forum). Seems to work okay here though

Go to account settings, select signature and make the changes you would like.  The font and size options weren't available a couple of days ago and are back now.  If the signature violates the signature rules (more than 5 lines) then it will not save.

No. The font size options do not change the links size.