Board Issues 4

Angalin

The mobile site still isn't working for me.

Till yesterday, UC Browser was working but that also isn't working now.

I have tried signing in from Chrome, UC and Firefox and all show me the same message

3eb63c451286cdd514cf75bb783cd235.jpg

>

So, I am signing in from Tapatalk which looks weird now that I am used to the site and it is slower than the site .

Also, the posts have numbers on them on tapatalk.

Edit - Fixed the img link

Just checked if I still had the same bug. I do.

I write a post and a pop indicating a new post appears:

LEU2OH0.png

If I click "show", it updates with the post. But, if I submit reply, it doesn't:

YFtYrKk.jpg

"A Ghost"'s post should appear between mine and Cygne's or after the one I posted, but it's not there. Mine is the last one. I dunno if this is a problem with the board or with IP in general, but still, letting you know.

This is pretty minor, but is it possible to get more specific timestamps for posts between 1 and 24 hours ago or before the current week? Also, I'd like an option to use absolute timestamps (e.g. "November 23, 2015 at 6:30 p.m." rather than "30 minutes ago") for all posts.

Edited by Zizoz

We just did a tweak to try and fix the problem with mobile devices being told they don't support cookies. For those who had issues previously, please try again and let us know if it works all right. :)

I can log in on the phone now, but I cannot post, the field for typing in the post is just grey and unclickable.

Correct, the only additional content that will be restored (beyond repairing the quote issue in older posts) is content between September 17th (which is when this database was taken) and mid-October (which is when Invision grabbed the database they have been converting).

And we still don't know for sure if the insertion of this database will mean that we lose all posts made here so far. One option may be to leave out the October posts to be able to preserve the new posts here.

Correct, the only additional content that will be restored (beyond repairing the quote issue in older posts) is content between September 17th (which is when this database was taken) and mid-October (which is when Invision grabbed the database they have been converting).

And we still don't know for sure if the insertion of this database will mean that we lose all posts made here so far. One option may be to leave out the October posts to be able to preserve the new posts here.

thanks for this. So, I best store every post of the lost threads on the archive forum. So, far I copied posts from the mid-October date. + lost content of some of the OP posts of theory threads made this summer.

Personally it seems to me that many hold off on creating new threads or editing OPs that have lost a lot of data (I know I do), because of waiting for the mid-October database... All in all, I think the current posts made are of less archive importance than the loads of good theory threads dating back even a year that have lost so much content.

When in your inbox of Personal Messages, the title-box of the conversation you're reading is colored red. This makes the title impossible to read anymore. The other information which can be seen in the box (who started the conversation, last reply by, and first words of the message), while still readable, would be more clear if the text would contrast a bit more against the dark-red background (perhaps white?).

Further, I miss the overview page of the personal conversations.. Now, you only have a slim box on the left side of the page.. Usefull for switching between conversations, but less usefull when you wish to see an overview of them all.

I was also wondering if it would be possible to enable the archieve feature of PM's again, if that still exists in this version of the forum? That was always a usefull feature, but currently missing.

When browsing a thread in Firefox or Chrome on my Android phone, clicking page numbers, or the prev or next buttons results in an ad loading on a blank background. Or just blank page if the ad fails to load.  To get out of it, I have to type in a new address, or close the window.  I'm not redirected to the page of the thread that I was actually trying to read. 

Hmm...can't get it to happen right now that I've signed in and not just viewing as a guest.  Is it a thing that only guests are directed to ads when browsing through pages?

Edit: Yeah that seems to be the case...As soon as I sign out, it starts happening again.  Makes it really annoying to read anything as a guest.

Edited by The Meereense Knot