Board Issues 4

Angalin

Heads-up: I have posted a new announcement regarding the forum issues. In brief, older posts should not be fixed, but only up until September 17th. Posts from September 17th to November 10th were not restored.

Looks like another problem happened as a result.

For posts that used to be fine (mid-July 2015 through mid-September 2015), now the quote tags are missing.

So what someone is quoting just runs into what someone said in reply.

There's no delineation between quote and reply, so it looks like the person quoting something is saying what they are quoting.

You can see where that starts happening on this page:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/102387-got-actors-in-other-stuff-part-2/&page=21

Edited by Le Cygne

How do I find out who has viewed my profile.  It tells me I have 56 recent views but won't tell me who they are.  

Also, is there any way I can save a reply while I am working on it?  I use public computers, and have lost posts when I ran out of time.

Edited by Nevets

Yes. :)

Nevets,

I don't believe there is a 'draft' function. My only suggestion is to have a Google Doc or something open where you can write longer posts that you arent' sure you'll be able to complete in time.

Edited by Ran

How do I find out who has viewed my profile.  It tells me I have 56 recent views but won't tell me who they are.  

Also, is there any way I can save a reply while I am working on it?  I use public computers, and have lost posts when I ran out of time.

It doesn't occur (for me, at least) every time, but usually, since the board-upgrade, when I have been typing a reply and had to stop for some reason, the reply was still half-typed in the post-box when I reopened the thread on a later time or day. It appears when you click on the post-box.

It doesn't always happen, like I said, but most of the times, there was still something to be found in the reply-box. I am not sure how it works with using different computers for that, though. Perhaps that's something you could test with a short post?

Who views your profile should appear on your profile page, like This

Eta: on the left hand side beneath recent profile views I mean

Edited by HelenaExMachina

All I get is one profile, from Nov. 29, but the number keeps climbing, but I still can't see them.

If a user who is logged in anonymously views your profile they will not appear under 'recent profile visitors' but your number of profile views will increment.

ETA. Guest views are being counted as well.

Edited by Consigliere

I signed in anonymously this morning, at 10:00 am EST.  Based on the last two times I signed in anonymously... since about November 20th... I expect that within a week, my online activity and presence will no longer be anonymous.   No notification will be given that my privacy status has changed, when, or why.  

Does the new site software impose an automatic expiration on anonymity?  Or is this issue related to site restoration and upgrades, or what?  Hoping this is not a permanent "feature" of the new set up. 

Consigliere, how does a user sign in anonymously vs signing in as a guest? if a user signs in anonymous what can they see vs what a guest can see and do?.  This guest idea strikes me as odd. As a guest can a person sign in and out as multiple posters?

Guest users are those browsing the site without logging in. I don't think they have the ability to post anything, just view. To log in anonymously you just check the box 'sign in anonymously' when logging on.

So, a friend of mine is trying to make an account but it's not working. This is from her explainig what the issue is:

hi, I'm trying to open an account but I'm running into the following issue. when I register, I move regularly to the 'you need to wait for validation, you will be sent an email page. but then I get no registration email'. if I try to change it as from that same page and I put in a new one, I promptly get the validation message for the account in the second account, but when I click on the *validate account* button it leads me to that same 'you need to wait for validation' page I get and I don't know how to get around this. thanks for the help in advance

On mobile, the reply box won't always load, while the page seemingly is loaded a full 100%. The reply box remains grey, in those cases, and it isn't possible to type anything.

Both on mobile and laptop, the function for the board to remember in the reply box what someone had been typing in specific threads, there seems to be a slight error somewhere.

I've at multiple times now encountered that posts that I've typed and posted are still remembered in the reply box, even though I've already posted them. Also, when I've clicked quote to make another user's quote appear in my reply box, and I've removed that quote box without hitting 'post', the board still seems to remember that I've put that in my reply box, but not that I've deleted it, because I often find it back in my reply box when trying to reply to other users (leaving a quote-in-quote situation).