Board Issues 4

Angalin

2 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

Hi.... I can't post anything from my laptop (which is where I normally post from) .... the box is gray and it doesn't let me type anything.... is there anything I can do other than yell at my screen?

Yes. Clear your cache. I was exactly where you were, yesterday, with the answer on the previous page of the thread then, now on the last two pages. B)

I ran into an odd issue while trying to add someone to my ignore list(who I won't name as not to stir anything up). Apparently there are two user accounts with the same name oddly enough, and every time I try adding them to my ignore list it adds the other similarly named account. I can tell the difference between the two as they have differing avatars. I've tried both hovering my icon over the user's name to add ignore and manually typing it into the menu. Despite actually clicking on the avatar of the user I want to ignore it still adds the other to my list instead. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

14 hours ago, Ran said:

Chebyshov,

Have you tried clearing your cache? If yes, I'll report this to Invision.

I had the same problem and it indeeds helps to clear your cache. So thank you

Edited by Tijgy

I came here looking for a solution, since I was having the same problem as many people above. I couldn't quote or reply on Firefox; it would show a grey box. Chrome didn't present this problem.

I cleared the cache and all history for good measure and that seemed to solve the problem, but now it's happening again on Firefox. Chrome is unaffected.

I can't write any post when using my PC, as soon as I click on the reply box, it gets dark and doesn't allow me to write. I can only use the tablet right now, but it's very uncomfortable, as I am used to the laptop. when I try to edit any post I made using the tablet from the PC ipthe same happens, it becomes a dark shade of grey as well.

I wonder if anyone could help me to fix this problem.

I am using Chrome

Edited by Meera of Tarth

Clear your cache. That's the best fix. :) See http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/

Blackfyre Bastard,

As to the problem returning on Firefox, if you clear the cache again, does it return to normal operation? Please tryu that. If it then proceeds to happen once again, let me know -- that's something I can report to Invision.

Edited by Ran

5 hours ago, Blackfyre Bastard said:

I came here looking for a solution, since I was having the same problem as many people above. I couldn't quote or reply on Firefox; it would show a grey box. Chrome didn't present this problem.

I cleared the cache and all history for good measure and that seemed to solve the problem, but now it's happening again on Firefox. Chrome is unaffected.

So wait, "clearing the cache" and "deleting history" is not the same action? What is the clearing the cache thing then?

1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I can't write any post when using my PC, as soon as I click on the reply box, it gets dark and doesn't allow me to write. I can only use the tablet right now, but it's very uncomfortable, as I am used to the laptop. when I try to edit any post I made using the tablet from the PC ipthe same happens, it becomes a dark shade of grey as well.

I wonder if anyone could help me to fix this problem.

I deleted the browsing history, that worked. Lots of people have the same problem.

1 hour ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

Thanks!

It only happens when there is a quote-box in the post though. If there is only text I typed in my reply-box, the "select all" option still works.

Test.

Okay, see what you mean. I'll post about it.

58 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Spoiler tags and emoticons don't seem to mix well.

Hidden Content

I thought he was a little too charismatic to be a minor character, either that or I liked him too much, (I'm never going to like anyone/ anything again- Ravens, Orioles, although I did like the Broncos and the Panthers). :P

R.I.P Heath.