Angalin

Board Issues 4

11 hours ago, Ran said:

Think I may have managed to put that feature back on. Let me know if it works.

This works, thank you! The first person I looked at didn't show it, I assume because they didn't have any previous display names, but I checked my own and it's there.

6 hours ago, Inigima said:

This works, thank you! The first person I looked at didn't show it, I assume because they didn't have any previous display names, but I checked my own and it's there.

How about my profile? I've changed it a few times over the years for the big football tournaments.

15 hours ago, Ran said:

How about my profile? I've changed it a few times over the years for the big football tournaments.

Yup, works great.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Inigima said:

nvm I answered my own question! 

BTW @Ran thank you for turning that functionality back on. I really missed it when it was gone. 

Edited by Xray the Enforcer

Guest TheRealKingInTheNorth

How do I delete my account?

Ok, something funny again. Was just reading the Small Questions thread and noticed that a post I made there changed. Didn't get a screenshot because there's nothing to see. But I edited that post to add something, and that's gone. And yes, I am taking my meds and am 100% sure I edited that post and saved the changes! :D

This may be more of a small question, but, can the page number line on each thread be lightened on the phone version? I am on my phone a lot because of work, and the page number boxes for each thread on the index pages are really bulky and dark, which takes away from the visual ease of scanning to see what the thread title is and which thread you've already read or not. The numbers just seems too visually important when they aren't. I have no idea if it looks this way on tablets, but on my laptop the thread page numbers are a lighter grey (and easier to scan the forum page).

Thanks,

TF Leech

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

This may be more of a small question, but, can the page number line on each thread be lightened on the phone version? I am on my phone a lot because of work, and the page number boxes for each thread on the index pages are really bulky and dark, which takes away from the visual ease of scanning to see what the thread title is and which thread you've already read or not. The numbers just seems too visually important when they aren't. I have no idea if it looks this way on tablets, but on my laptop the thread page numbers are a lighter grey (and easier to scan the forum page).

Thanks,

TF Leech

What device are you using? On Android they are pretty light.

ETA: Ah, I see what you mean. The black boxes are pretty distinct, though in my skimming they act as an anchor that underscores the title more than a distraction. But I'll see if those buttons are defined sufficiently differently on mobile that the color can be tweaked to something a little less starkly black.

Edited by Ran

18 hours ago, Ran said:

What device are you using? On Android they are pretty light.

ETA: Ah, I see what you mean. The black boxes are pretty distinct, though in my skimming they act as an anchor that underscores the title more than a distraction. But I'll see if those buttons are defined sufficiently differently on mobile that the color can be tweaked to something a little less starkly black.

Thanks. I hate to sound bossy, but figured I'd ask.

--Leech

What is the odd thing (that looks vaguely like a tiny trophycup) that appears when you click on a heart/like of a post?

Is it supposed to indicate "I'll drink to that" or what? Its not clear to me at all what its supposed to represent.

The text that goes with it says "thanks", so I suppose the idea is that it's giving someone a trophy for posting something they appreciate.

1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

What is the odd thing (that looks vaguely like a tiny trophycup) that appears when you click on a heart/like of a post?

Is it supposed to indicate "I'll drink to that" or what? Its not clear to me at all what its supposed to represent.

You can give a post a "like". The additional options (you see when hovering over the heart symbol) are "sad", "confused", "haha", and "trophy".

I can't embed anything from youtube.  This started maybe about 30 hours ago.  Wondering if this is my problem or something's up on your side?

Getting the same error too. “Could not embed because a problem occurred with YouTube.com” don’t really use other forums so don’t know fin this is actually a problem with YouTube but or an error here

We presently have a problem with the cURL module on the server, which is necessary for embedding. We're working on getting it sorted out. It's a bit tricky because a recent standard package for our current server does not exist, so Sparks has to do a bit of finagling to make it work.

I don't know if the site has a dodgy ad at the moment, but I've been getting attack notifications on a couple of different PCs today.

coinhive .com is the problem, apparently.

@Soylent Dropbear @corvinus

Can you tell me what ads are running the next time you get that? A screenshot is fine, even better is right click, copy the link, share it (you can put it in a code block </> I think to keep it from parsing.