Angalin

Board Issues 4

@Ran, I’ve installed Chrome. I’ll try it when the issue occurs again, and will let you know how it goes. 

8 hours ago, Ran said:

Do let me know if it happens there again for you, and I'll try on my device.

Have either of you tried Chrome on iOS? Does it get the same result?

Still happening on that thread for safari. I’ll need to download chrome and try

3 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Still happening on that thread for safari. I’ll need to download chrome and try

I did try the thread earlier today, but experienced no issues. I didn’t try to post, just viewing. :dunno:

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I did try the thread earlier today, but experienced no issues. I didn’t try to post, just viewing. :dunno:

I only used that thread because it’s comsistently had problems for me. It seems entirely random though

edit: interesting. Cleared cache and that thread works now

Edited by HelenaExMachina

So, the same issue started happening again while trying to view the book and show topic (GoT). It happened three or four times, then I switched to Chrome and tried viewing the same topic. No problems whatsoever. I haven’t tried clearing the cache on Safari yet. 

My present suspicion is that there's some script that gets into a loop. I've had it happen just once on my iPad since I tried testing it.

Would that be something that clearing the cache resolves?

Getting this pop up frequently over the past week

https://imgur.com/a/enNoyGJ

have to reopen the website to get rid of it and lately its been cropping up immediately after again.

Again using safari. I am seeing a pattern here, i should stop being so lazy and switch

On 3/22/2019 at 12:16 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

Getting this pop up frequently over the past week

https://imgur.com/a/enNoyGJ

have to reopen the website to get rid of it and lately its been cropping up immediately after again.

Again using safari. I am seeing a pattern here, i should stop being so lazy and switch

@Ran anything you can say about this? Its pretty persistent and ive tried clearing cache etc. Again, only happens on safari. Is the forum just not compatible with safari or something?

I think Safari does seem to have issues with certain scripts that are causing problems. If it only happens on Safari, an interim solution is to use Chrome or some other browser for the time being. We're still trying to figure out how to identify what script(s) are causing these issues, since unfortunately Safari itself is providing no useful information to us.

I just had the same issue again while trying to view a topic. So I tried Chrome b/c it had worked fine the last time. But now I had the same thing happening on Chrome. 

Here’s the screenshot

8 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

I just had the same issue again while trying to view a topic. So I tried Chrome b/c it had worked fine the last time. But now I had the same thing happening on Chrome. 

Here’s the screenshot

Thanks! It's useful to know it's not just Safari, although it also means that we still don't have any kind of solution to the issue. We'll continue working on it.

3 hours ago, Ran said:

Thanks! It's useful to know it's not just Safari, although it also means that we still don't have any kind of solution to the issue. We'll continue working on it.

For what it’s worth, the issue resolved quickly on Chrome - it started working fine again after a few tries - but is still ongoing on Safari. 

Update: now I'm experiencing the issue on Safari and Chrome (both on iPad), and can only view/post from my Android mobile. 

Can anything be done (css adjustment for instance) about the size issue when links to tweets (and facebook posts and youtube videos too imagine) are embedded?

here's what is looks like:

Done, but we may revert if this just leads to people embedding content to such a degree that it ruins the reading experience of the forum.

On 4/2/2019 at 7:05 AM, kissdbyfire said:

Update: now I'm experiencing the issue on Safari and Chrome (both on iPad), and can only view/post from my Android mobile. 

It had been really good since the post above, but it just started again. Chrome and Safari on iPad, perfectly normal pn Android phone. 

This may be a dumb question (and probably is lol) but can it be something ti do w/ increased traffic? 

Posted (edited)

What happened to the 'search' bar? It's gone.:unsure:

edit - nevermind,my new adblocker (uBlock Origin) was the culprit it seems.Working now.

Edited by AncalagonTheBlack

The phone app particularly annoyed me today.  I am always unsuccessful clicking on the notification icons with the phone.  For the "someone quoted/mentioned you" one, whatever, don't care, I almost always can figure out where they're coming from anyway.  But for the PM (private message) one, it did bother me today.  It is the only way I knew how to access that on the phone, and I kept on clicking on it thinking it would work...and it didn't.  You kept me from responding to Jace's very minimal (two letter) response for a couple hours!  You cruel bastards!