Board Issues 4

Angalin

Still getting these on the regular. Posting screenshots is extremely annoying on mobile since we don't allow inline images. I don't have this problem at all anywhere else. Maybe the ads aren't the problem but there is definitely a problem. 

Edit: this one was to wwwa dot innovativescientificjournal dot xyz

Edited by Inigima

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On my cell phone I access this site through the internet browser, I don't use an app.  I never have had any problem before until I got my new phone this week.  Now every time I come to this site I get pop ups telling me my phone has been hacked or compromised.  I don't get this on any other site I look at.  It goes away if I go to another site.

On 8/9/2019 at 10:02 AM, lady narcissa said:

On my cell phone I access this site through the internet browser, I don't use an app.  I never have had any problem before until I got my new phone this week.  Now every time I come to this site I get pop ups telling me my phone has been hacked or compromised.  I don't get this on any other site I look at.  It goes away if I go to another site.

Got this again last night.

On 8/9/2019 at 3:19 PM, Ran said:

Thanks, folk. Passing this on. If screenshots or links are something you can grab, do share them here (or PM them); the more data, the faster these are dealt with.

Same issues as noted. Here's a link (sorry, my phone doesn't like screenshots)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

@Ran, as I said on august, since july, whenever I come to the forums, chrome starts to use a lot of RAM memory. And this forum is the only site I visit that in which navigation has changed this way in the past three months. It got so bad to browse the foruns on my desktop that now I only do it in my smartphone (android chrome app, ironically).

@The Coconut God said he's experimenting the same issues.

@Gronzag said it's a chrome thing.

@Ckram

I've always used Chrome, and don't see an issue. Do you folks have any extensions in common? If you use SHIFT+ESCAPE to show the Chrome task manager, how much memory is being used by a tab set to the forum? How about multiple tabs? 

By way of comparison, this tab where I'm typing right now is at 94MB, and slowly ticking a bit upward because Ajax calls are taking place to keep abreast of my typing and so on. This is pretty normal for a tab. But maybe something is causing you guys to get some kind of runaway memory issue, either an extension or something in the code that isn't affecting me but is affecting others.

If you could message me with a screencap of a fresh Chrome task manager with one or several tabs open -- it will reveal some information regarding your extensions, so bear that in mind -- it would be useful.

ETA: I should add that we haven't made any changes at all in the last few months to the system. Maybe time to do the long-overdue software upgrade, see if that helps...

Edited by Ran

1 hour ago, Ran said:

@Ckram

I've always used Chrome, and don't see an issue. Do you folks have any extensions in common? If you use SHIFT+ESCAPE to show the Chrome task manager, how much memory is being used by a tab set to the forum? How about multiple tabs? 

By way of comparison, this tab where I'm typing right now is at 94MB, and slowly ticking a bit upward because Ajax calls are taking place to keep abreast of my typing and so on. This is pretty normal for a tab. But maybe something is causing you guys to get some kind of runaway memory issue, either an extension or something in the code that isn't affecting me but is affecting others.

If you could message me with a screencap of a fresh Chrome task manager with one or several tabs open -- it will reveal some information regarding your extensions, so bear that in mind -- it would be useful.

ETA: I should add that we haven't made any changes at all in the last few months to the system. Maybe time to do the long-overdue software upgrade, see if that helps...

https://ibb.co/zb7KG2C

To me when using chrome, board seems to lag like a video game when ping is high. It takes a moment, maybe half a second, for a page to react to scrolling, clicking etc. 

1 minute ago, Gronzag said:

https://ibb.co/zb7KG2C

To me when using chrome, board seems to lag like a video game when ping is high. It takes a moment, maybe half a second, for a page to react to scrolling, clicking etc. 

Interesting. There's no apparent CPU usage going on in that image, and the memory is not particularly high.

Could I ask you to consider clearing your browser cache -- specifically, clear images and files, cookies probably don't need to go -- then restart the browser and try the board for a bit and see if that improves anything?

1 hour ago, Ran said:

Interesting. There's no apparent CPU usage going on in that image, and the memory is not particularly high.

Could I ask you to consider clearing your browser cache -- specifically, clear images and files, cookies probably don't need to go -- then restart the browser and try the board for a bit and see if that improves anything?

I just did it and it's all the same. But it's still possible that the issue is on my side, specifically chrome since there are no issues with firefox.