Angalin

Board Issues 4

Getting lots of browser hijacks lately on mobile. I neglected to grab a screen shot, I'll try to remember to get one next time, but it's nontrivially frequent. 

My background image has kicked back to the default twice in the past week/week and a half, and hadn't done that a single time since switching to this iteration of the board software.

11 minutes ago, OtherFromAnotherMother said:

How do I find a thread I created several years ago? It looks like the search parameters end at 365 days.

From your profile, check your activity and then filter by topic. You get this

Screenshot of browser hijack ad on mobile a moment ago:

https://i.imgur.com/Btxnj97.jpg

You have got to cut ties with these scam ad networks. I'm sure ads aren't the only thing they're serving and this onesie twosie "we blocked this ad" stuff isn't a solution.

if Google's as platform is a scam network, we're quite screwed. Fact is that there's a constant battle between scammers and all the networks. Short of doing ads in-house, it's the nature of the beast. I've hit hijacks elsewhere on the web recently, so it's part of the cyclical nature of these things.

Posted (edited)

Still getting these on the regular. Posting screenshots is extremely annoying on mobile since we don't allow inline images. I don't have this problem at all anywhere else. Maybe the ads aren't the problem but there is definitely a problem. 

Edit: this one was to wwwa dot innovativescientificjournal dot xyz

Edited by Inigima

On 7/25/2019 at 2:47 AM, Nictarion said:

I keep getting a pop up from backupvpn.com. Only happens on this site. 

I’ve been getting this recently too. Only on my Iphone, not Ipad. 

On my cell phone I access this site through the internet browser, I don't use an app.  I never have had any problem before until I got my new phone this week.  Now every time I come to this site I get pop ups telling me my phone has been hacked or compromised.  I don't get this on any other site I look at.  It goes away if I go to another site.

Thanks, folk. Passing this on. If screenshots or links are something you can grab, do share them here (or PM them); the more data, the faster these are dealt with.

On 8/9/2019 at 10:02 AM, lady narcissa said:

On my cell phone I access this site through the internet browser, I don't use an app.  I never have had any problem before until I got my new phone this week.  Now every time I come to this site I get pop ups telling me my phone has been hacked or compromised.  I don't get this on any other site I look at.  It goes away if I go to another site.

Got this again last night.

On 8/9/2019 at 3:19 PM, Ran said:

Thanks, folk. Passing this on. If screenshots or links are something you can grab, do share them here (or PM them); the more data, the faster these are dealt with.

Same issues as noted. Here's a link (sorry, my phone doesn't like screenshots)