Angalin

Board Issues 4

13 minutes ago, The Monkey said:

This has probably been asked before, but how come there is no search function on this site? (If there is, it's incredibly well disguised.)

It's really, really frustrating.

There is one. See here for an example:_ https://imgur.com/a/TTWEsjL

On mobile, you may have to swipe left as sometimes the layout comes out wrong and it pushes it off screen, but it's in a similar position there.

Is the 'new' version of the forum incompatible with Brave and Fire Fox? Using either I can't break up quotes when I post. I can't send messages either. I don't like this design. I want a preview button and while I'm at it, for what reason is there no option for me to deactivate or delete my account if I want to? 

On 2/17/2020 at 1:34 AM, Sourjapes said:

Is the 'new' version of the forum incompatible with Brave and Fire Fox? Using either I can't break up quotes when I post. I can't send messages either. 

I use Firefox and have no trouble with it. Sometimes other users have made errors in their own posts that can cause threads to break, however, limiting the ability to post or edit until they are fixed. That may be the issue you are seeing. Shouldn't really affect attempts to send messages, though.

On 2/17/2020 at 1:34 AM, Sourjapes said:

for what reason is there no option for me to deactivate or delete my account if I want to? 

Most websites don't allow you to deactivate or delete your own account manually.

You are free to ask for it, however, and I'll take care of it.

We do. See  four posts above if you can't find it.

39 minutes ago, brAnthelAstgreenseer said:

Very weird. What browser are you using?

I'd suggest clearing the browser's cache, in any case, or forcing a refresh (CTRL+F5 usually works). You may have a corrupted copy of the website code and that's why search isn't appearing for you.

Hello, everyone. Last Monday, I started a thread in the General (GOT) section, since it was about how the show may bear on how the books conclude, and while I can still view my post, it is still pending approval. I'm bringing this up here in case the admins may have missed it.

Here's a link to my post (assuming you can access it): 

5 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Hello, everyone. Last Monday, I started a thread in the General (GOT) section, since it was about how the show may bear on how the books conclude, and while I can still view my post, it is still pending approval. I'm bringing this up here in case the admins may have missed it.

Here's a link to my post (assuming you can access it): 

It's up now. Thanks!

On 11/10/2019 at 6:01 PM, kissdbyfire said:

Same here. After a long while where it was normal, it started again but only noticed on one thread in General asoiaf (can’t remember which one now). 

The same weird thing started again, and now it’s a topic I started myself. On Chrome it’s “aw snap” and Safari “web page reloaded”. :bawl:

5 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

The same weird thing started again, and now it’s a topic I started myself. On Chrome it’s “aw snap” and Safari “web page reloaded”. :bawl:

Let me know which thread(s) seem to be doing this.

4 minutes ago, Ran said:

Let me know which thread(s) seem to be doing this.

Only one atm. Can’t link it coz I can’t open it, but titled “omelette, scrambled, or dragons?”

just cleared browsing data, cache, but no joy. 

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Only one atm. Can’t link it coz I can’t open it, but titled “omelette, scrambled, or dragons?”

just cleared browsing data, cache, but no joy. 

I've tried posting to it, let me know if it's any more accessible. Make sure to close and then restart the browser fully. 

24 minutes ago, Ran said:

I've tried posting to it, let me know if it's any more accessible. Make sure to close and then restart the browser fully. 

Closed all tabs and turned iPad off, and it’s still the same. It’s so weird...