Board Issues 4

Angalin

Ran,

Since this technically started as a "board issue" when the forum reset all the passwords back in July ..... I'd really like to access my original account. Several requests with the necessary info have been to sent to you and Linda. Emails , PM's, and a thread in help forum. So please please address this at some point. If you can't fix it right night, please at least let me know you're aware and will get around to it eventually.

Thank you!

I tried to start a new thread a couple of minutes ago and yet again; Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2715 bytes) in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ironthrone/sources/classes/text/parser.php on line 1780

Via Sparks, looks like some database indexes are getting very large and need optimization. That's a big task with the size of the forum, so I'll try and do it at some early morning period this weekend -- it'll entail shutting down access to the forum for awhile (what "awhile" is, I don't know).

I tried to start a new thread a couple of minutes ago and yet again; Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2715 bytes) in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ironthrone/sources/classes/text/parser.php on line 1780

Just an update (or something like that); I tried to start a new topic and it was posted however I tried to do the same with another one and the same thing^ happened.

Just wanted to alert you to a problem with the Messenger service.

I am running a game in Forum Games that involves players in the game sending me messages with their submissions. (Acrophobia #15). I am receiving multiple messages, which, when I open them, I find out the message has been deleted by the poster because they have received an error message after sending it telling them a 'fatal error' has occurred. Several times now when I have responded to a message, I get the message that a fatal error has occurred also, but when I close the page and re-open, I see my message went through just fine, contrary to the 'fatal error' message.

Thought you would want to know, in case this hasn't been reported yet.

I don't know why, but on my phone, on the google chrome browser, the wikipedia page of the War of the Five King breaks, showing the buttons ("Page", "Discussion", "Edit", "View history", the search box, the Westeros-sigil, and all the links and commercial banners on the left side) scrambled across the page. Makes the page difficult to read, and to edit.

Strangely enough, this does not happen on my laptop, where I also use google chrome. Nor does it happen on my phone when I visit other pages on the wiki. It´s only that page, and only on my phone. It's been happening for a few days now.

Figured I'd mention it.

Just reporting I'm not seen my notifications. The board crashed for me a couple of hours ago, so maybe someone got broken there.

But not biggy (for me at least), just letting you know, guys.

Me too, on the notification issues today. I'm on a laptop, not a phone, just thought I'd let that one be known.

No biggie for me either right now, I did just happen to notice it right now on a check in for a thread or two, no notification of a post or two quoted.

Thanks in advance,everyone.

Edited by Lady Fevre Dream

I'm having real issues just getting to the topics. All of a sudden the tower will jump about 2 inches over to the right and nothing else will load. Or, once I go to a discussion board, I'll get a scramble of letters at the top. If I refresh it fixes it...sometimes.

Is this a board issue or just my computer being STUPID? I run Windows 8 (not by choice) and have recently done some updates, including Java.

I'm having real issues just getting to the topics. All of a sudden the tower will jump about 2 inches over to the right and nothing else will load. Or, once I go to a discussion board, I'll get a scramble of letters at the top. If I refresh it fixes it...sometimes.

Is this a board issue or just my computer being STUPID? I run Windows 8 (not by choice) and have recently done some updates, including Java.

at least I know I'm not the only one. it's driving me nuts

I had the same problem for at least a week. Just this morning upgraded Chrome to "Version 40.0.2214.115 m" and now all problems seem to be gone (fingers crossed).

Edit: maybe I spoke too soon, but something improved this morning (maybe it was the Chrome update, maybe not). I still get blank pages sometimes but they are appearing less frequently and can be solved by reloading westeros.org main page (which didn't fix anything before).

Edited by mushroomshirt