Board Issues 4

Angalin

Bloody baffling, this. Hrm....

Has anyone seen an improvement at all since one or two days ago? Maybe I've been looking at the wrong thing all along...

Definitely. Board is running at its usual pace when flicking between pages, and I can now access search and "My Content" again

Just to repeat it, I mean the sidebar issue -- we have two reports of people still having the difficulty with the sidebar, and I'm wondering if anyone else who had this issue is still seeing it, or if they have seen it abate sharply in the last day or two.

Just to repeat it, I mean the sidebar issue -- we have two reports of people still having the difficulty with the sidebar, and I'm wondering if anyone else who had this issue is still seeing it, or if they have seen it abate sharply in the last day or two.

I have been bouncing around the board for the past 5 minutes and I am pleased to report no ad sidebar issues.

ETA - the sidebar attacked immediately after I made this post. I was able to re-load and then select the the post before the ad sidebar finished loading. It appears to be more intermittent than before. If no one else is reporting this issue then maybe its just me. However, I encounter the same problem on both my PC and my laptop.

Edited by Howling Mad

If no one else is reporting this issue then maybe its just me. However, I encounter the same problem on both my PC and my laptop.

I've been having the sidebar issue for quite some time. I should have reported it before now. It happens on Chrome with my laptop, and Silk on my Kindle Fire. I just now got on my husband's computer to check it out - I've never visited the site before on his computer, but alas, the same sidebar issue; however, the sidebar is only popping out sometimes, and not every page I visit here in the forum.

FYI (since I know people are going to come here to post), server's going to be slow for the next hour or so while I do a comprehensive backup of various things. It's been too long since I took a full restorable snapshot (as opposed to just incremental backups), and I want to get that up-to-date.

I decided to leave things up and running as much as possible to avoid taking things offline; everything should be readable at all times, though there might be a few sporadic spots where the database is locked to read-only for a couple of minutes. Just bear with me, and it'll be done before too long. :)

I should add, if you see a Server Internal Error, that just means Invision isn't happy with a table being locked temporarily. Give it a minute or two and come back. :)

Edited by Sparks

OK, I am not sure whether this is really a board issue or even something worth mentioning, but I noticed that the profile views have stopped counting... It's nothing but I thought perhaps you would like to know.

People still having problems with notifications?

I still don't get notifications when quoted, but that is that, I think...

Oh, OK. I mostly follow the threads I've posted in so I didn't realise.

Yeah, I turned that feature off. I only follow topics when I specifically choose to do so. It's too much otherwise. So there must be something else that's causing problems with notifications.

I get notifications when I get DMs.

I also get them when a new post is posted(?) in a thread I follow.

I don't get notif. when I'm quoted, though. I'm supposed to, as I've checked in that feature.

I also meant to received notifs. when someone adds me as friend. Can someone please just to check? (you can unfriend me later). Just to know what works and what doesn't :dunno:

I get notifications when I get DMs.

I also get them when a new post is posted(?) in a thread I follow.

I don't get notif. when I'm quoted, though. I'm supposed to, as I've checked in that feature.

I also meant to received notifs. when someone adds me as friend. Can someone please just to check? (you can unfriend me later). Just to know what works and what doesn't :dunno:

It's official, we are friends.