Board Issues 4

Angalin

Same mobile issues as others, but if the banner is at the top it is fine. If it is at the bottom then I can't do anything let alone quote or edit (if it appears just when I have signed in) But if the banner appears after browsing for a while, I can post in that thread but can't do anything else including quoting and editing. I am using Opera (other browsers suck on my phone) can someone tell me if this is the same on Chrome/Firefox? The advert in question is a Kobo advert for me.

I have no issues with adverts but it is rather irritating when it impairs my ability to use the site. I have to close my browser and reopen several times just to get an advert at the top rather than the bottom

I will screencap next time it appears

I have the banner on the bottom of the page (kobo as well), and I use Chrome on my phone.. I haven't gotten the banner at the top of the page yet.

Clearing history and cache doesn't solve the problem, btw, I've tried...

This issue makes it rather difficult to use the mobile site.. I try reloading the page I'm on when I want to quote someone, or really want to edit my own post, but refreshing the page doesn't help either.

Banner is at the top of the mobile site for me now, which only makes the screen wider so I can deal with that ;) Presumably this one is animated since i currently just see a blank grey background (gifs and animations dont work on my phone). The previous advert was kobo for me too

Yeah, another one here to report the mobile-skin banner-ad problem. Doesn't always appear, but it totally stops me from posting when it does, cos it covers the post button. Looks like it's saying something about carrying some elephants on a tablet? Yep, useless ad, can't even see the full text of what it's selling!

I've been shut out of the site for months because it wouldn't let me log on with my password. I tried to register a new password during that period but none of the email links I got worked. I only got back in with my old password today. Has anyone else had this problem? I was worried for a while there was a site glitch that had deleted my account.

Edited by The Killer Snark

Ive been having a LOT of issues with the board last couple of days, on both mobile and desktop. I keep getting signed out every time i go to a new page, or at least it says im signed out. When i try to log in the log in fails but i appear logged in again. Im unable to quote anything in responses. Threads are not updating automatically. And finally on mobile versions i get switched from mobile to desktop version randomly and when trying to respond to a post am told that "my security key does not match".

Are these known issues that are being worked on?