Sign in to follow this  
Angalin

Board Issues 4

Am I in the right place here?

Is there already one general topic for the House of the Dragon? I didn't know where to put news or general discussions. At the moment, new announcements, rumors, and discussions are posted in topics of news articles posted by Westeros.org itself. This is not really ideal, as it can sometimes go off-topic.

Perhaps now is the time for a forum for House of the Dragon as well. We are going to hear a lot of rumors soon, or discuss how one would adapt X or Y from the original book. We need a good place to discuss this, and I hope you will consider it.

I had thought of this forum structure should you create a House of The Dragon forum:

Forum group: HBO's television adaptations.

- Forum for news articles about Game of Thrones, House of The Dragon and other projects.

- Game of Thrones, General (which has recently been merged with the Open Discussion forum?) 

• Subforum "Casting"
  • Subforum "Dothraki"

- Game of Thrones, discussions older episodes

• Subforums for all seasons, including season 8 which has now ended.

- House of The Dragon, General

- House of The Dragon, forum for discussion of episodes (once season 1 premieres)

• Subforums for each season.

•  

On 1/24/2021 at 7:35 PM, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

The system keeps logging me out every ten minutes or so.

Still an issue or has it resolved? If not, have you tried restarting your browser? Clearing the westeros.org cookies and logging in again to see if it sticks? Afraid I've had no other reports of this, and I certainly don't have the problem ATM.

@$erPounce

Yes, we'll be starting a HotD sub-forum soon. Thanks for the suggestion for how to organize. Not quite sure we'll do it that way, but maybe. :)

Edited by Ran

2 hours ago, Ran said:

Still an issue or has it resolved? If not, have you tried restarting your browser? Clearing the westeros.org cookies and logging in again to see if it sticks? Afraid I've had no other reports of this, and I certainly don't have the problem ATM.

I will delete the cookies and keep an eye to see if it happens again. Thank you!

@Ran,

Random question. I changed something in my signature a few days ago, and when I go to edit my profile it still says it's changed, yet my old one keeps showing up when I post. Is that typical? 

On 1/26/2021 at 12:57 PM, Ran said:

Still an issue or has it resolved? If not, have you tried restarting your browser? 

My new cell phone all of a sudden does not recognize my Westeros account. My old phone still lets me in (I can use it with the wi-fi at home) and my computer works fine as well. However, I can't remember my password. I thought I had it recorded, but I can't find it.

How do I change my password? Can you tell me what it is, send me a pm? I'm afraid to sign out, worried I will never be able to sign in again. I looked at my profile, and there is no provision for changing passwords.

18 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

How do I change my password? Can you tell me what it is, send me a pm? I'm afraid to sign out, worried I will never be able to sign in again. I looked at my profile, and there is no provision for changing passwords.

Click the drop down arrow next to your name at the top left of the board (next to your profile picture) and select account settings. Or click here.

6 minutes ago, Ran said:

Click the drop down arrow next to your name at the top left of the board (next to your profile picture) and select account settings. Or click here.

Ooops, missed that. But the problem remains - it asks me for my current password, which I can't remember. There is no "Can't remember" setting.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Ooops, missed that. But the problem remains - it asks me for my current password, which I can't remember. There is no "Can't remember" setting.

I think I can send you a reset mail. Will try that.

ETA: Emailed you the new password. Let me know if you don't get it.

Edited by Ran

23 minutes ago, Ran said:

Thank-you! It took me a few moments to figure out what happened, I was in the middle of writing a post and when your notification came up I could no longer get in. All is well now!

8 hours ago, Ran said:

Interestingly enough, I now cannot stay logged in to Westeros on my phones, I have to log in every time I look at this site, which is very annoying. Before I could just click on Westeros General Chatter and go straight to the page, logged in. I have "remember me" clicked, as I always have had. Any ideas?

Here it is a day later and I cannot stay logged in to Westeros. Is this a Westeros problem, a Google problem or an iPhone problem? 
And even though I have “remember me” checked, on one of my phones that doesn’t work either.

Anyone else having this problem?

26 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Here it is a day later and I cannot stay logged in to Westeros. Is this a Westeros problem, a Google problem or an iPhone problem? 
And even though I have “remember me” checked, on one of my phones that doesn’t work either.

Anyone else having this problem?

At a guess, it's a phone problem. Try clearing all the cookies for Safari, restarting the phone just to make sure all the cached data is wiped, and then try logging in. It may stick then.