Jump to content

Board Issues 4


Angalin
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Kyll.Ing. said:

But this was back when forums were coded on potatoes and running on server hardware that would be put to shame by a modern wristwatch, wasn't it?

No, just a few years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TheLastWolf said:

Mark site read is not appearing on the top of the PC browser interface King @Ran as it used to do earlier...screen scroll lag too more pronounced (double checked if my data connection was fine and have a great RAM btw)

Yeah, I don't like that marked site read is now at the bottom. I guess their assumption is that once you've scrolled down through everything, that's where it should be. But I wouldn't mind the option at the top as well. I'll see if there's any way to fix that.

Screen scrolling is, I fear, nothing we can tweak. The CSS of the forum software has just become a bit more heavy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ran said:

Yeah, I don't like that marked site read is now at the bottom. I guess their assumption is that once you've scrolled down through everything, that's where it should be. But I wouldn't mind the option at the top as well. I'll see if there's any way to fix that.

 

Cool!

Just now, Ran said:

Screen scrolling is, I fear, nothing we can tweak. The CSS of the forum software has just become a bit more heavy.

Will it get worse as content count increases?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

Will it get worse as content count increases?

It's not a database issue, just a matter of the length of a page, I guess. So a page with 20 posts on it may be marginally slower than one with three posts. This is not the same thing as the number of pages in a thread -- two pages or twenty, should make no difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Mark site read is not appearing on the top of the PC browser interface King @Ran as it used to do earlier...screen scroll lag too more pronounced (double checked if my data connection was fine and have a great RAM btw)

Try disabling blurred background. That made a big difference to scrolling lag for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/12/2021 at 2:23 AM, felice said:

No, just a few years ago.

Aha. Nice to hear that sense prevailed in the end, at least. Did they provide any justifications or reasons why they stopped that policy, which may be of help swaying the admins in here too?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Try disabling blurred background. That made a big difference to scrolling lag for me.

Thanks but I did that to little difference

EDIT It's working like clockwork now! Thanks a lot

Edited by TheLastWolf
obv
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
1 minute ago, The Grey Wolf Strikes Back said:

For whatever reason, I can't send/submit messages/replies when using Firefox.

I assume you've tested with other browsers and they work?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...