Board Issues 4

Angalin

6 hours ago, Ran said:

I suspect it's just something to do with an ad server that may have served malware at some point and got listed. Is this using Norton, Symantec, or McCaffee, or some other antivirus of that sort?

ETA: If possible, could you go into the antivirus logs and see if it provides the URL that caused the trigger?

It's Symantec. In the client management security log there were multiple intrusion events yesterday with this URL given as the intrusion-URL URL:  http://h.parrable.com 

Just now, The Anti-Targ said:

It's Symantec. In the client management security log there were multiple intrusion events yesterday with this URL given as the intrusion-URL URL:  http://h.parrable.com 

Good, that's who we thought was the issue. We have removed them from our scripting and I think the problem should be resolved now.

28 minutes ago, Ran said:

Good, that's who we thought was the issue. We have removed them from our scripting and I think the problem should be resolved now.

I turned the security notifications back on about half an hour ago and not had any alerts pop up. So problem seems to be fixed.

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2022 at 4:17 PM, The Grey Wolf Strikes Back said:

For whatever reason, I'm never able to reply using Firefox. It just gets stuck submitting.

I would suggest deleting your cache and also all cookies listed as being part of *.westeros.org. Then shut down the browser and open it again.

15 minutes ago, The Grey Wolf Strikes Back said:

Tried that before. Didn't work.

Huh. Tested on Firefox and seeing the same issue. Is this recent behavior? I wonder if it's a Firefox issue, because we havent' really changed anything in awhile.

7 hours ago, The Grey Wolf Strikes Back said:

I've been having this issue for well over a year so it isn't recent.

So, I'm not using Firefox and it seems to be working again. Is that the case for you? Otherwise, I think a tweak I did may be the cause. It may be Firefox has excessively tight content blocking and you'll have to change some settings for now until I figure out if there's a patch for the forum that deals with the issue on our side.

Edited by Ran

12 hours ago, Ran said:

So, I'm not using Firefox and it seems to be working again. Is that the case for you? Otherwise, I think a tweak I did may be the cause. It may be Firefox has excessively tight content blocking and you'll have to change some settings for now until I figure out if there's a patch for the forum that deals with the issue on our side.

When I use Chrome on my phone or Vivaldi on my laptop I have no issues.

Just now, The Grey Wolf Strikes Back said:

When I use Chrome on my phone or Vivaldi on my laptop I have no issues.

Yes, I think it's Firefox specific. I'm able to use it now without a problem, and what I did was Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Custom: Turned all off except Cryptominers. You maybe able to experiment with Cookies , Tracking Content, and Fingerprinters to see which things can be blocked and which  can't. Then I restarted and it seemed to work for posting.

3 hours ago, Ran said:

Yes, I think it's Firefox specific. I'm able to use it now without a problem, and what I did was Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Custom: Turned all off except Cryptominers. You maybe able to experiment with Cookies , Tracking Content, and Fingerprinters to see which things can be blocked and which  can't. Then I restarted and it seemed to work for posting.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hello! I need some help… after a long absence I think I had to change my password to log in. I did that and logged in on Safari, not my fave but whatever. But then I tried logging in on chrome (same device) using the new password and it says it’s wrong. Just now I tried again, on pc this time, and again it says wrong password… 

Any suggestions? Thanks! :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2022 at 2:27 PM, kissdbyfire said:

Hello! I need some help… after a long absence I think I had to change my password to log in. I did that and logged in on Safari, not my fave but whatever. But then I tried logging in on chrome (same device) using the new password and it says it’s wrong. Just now I tried again, on pc this time, and again it says wrong password… 

Any suggestions? Thanks! /cdn-cgi/mirage/48eee8abda6248e406f0e86b209687af49fd5d55f221f25076745c96b952ff14/1280/https://asoiaf.westeros.org/uploads/emoticons/default_cheers.gif

I had this same issue about a year ago. To be honest, I don't remember what I did to fix it. It tooks me a couple months to figure it out, but don't recall what I did.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

Where's the mute button again?

It’s gone? :uhoh:

You can still add users to your ignored list by clicking on your username; you’ll see a scroll down menu where one of the options is ignored users. Click on it and then you have to add the user to the list by name. Hope this helps. 

On 12/29/2022 at 4:27 PM, kissdbyfire said:

Any suggestions? Thanks! :cheers:

Hello again. Still waiting for a reply on this issue… Anyone? Anyone? :crying:

23 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Hello again. Still waiting for a reply on this issue… Anyone? Anyone? :crying:

Sorry, missed this from earlier.

Why not change your password to something else, or request a new password be sent to you? Seems like that may be the easiest way to sort this out.

I use Chrome myself and can't say I've ever had a password issue, so I _think_ the problem is that the password you've put in is not correct.