Board Issues 4

Angalin

I've been having an obnoxious issue when using the board on iPad with safari, there's frequently been an add across the middle of the screen that cannot be closed and blocks me from seeing everything. It's like the ads on the bottom of the screen but displaying incorrectly. The ad I've been having a problem with is always (or almost always) the same one for John Deere tractors.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also continuing to have issues when loading the forum. Sometimes the page comes up OK initially, but on subsequent pages only the skin loads or the left side. If I can click on what I want in the split second before the ads normally come up, I can get to the next page. If not, the skin loads, but the ads never do and the page becomes non-responsive. I've tried clearing the cache, running spyware, etc. The problem is occurring in all browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome). Any ideas?

I'm also using the standard skin, nothing special. It happens at all times of the day or night. Its getting to the point that reloading the page isn't even working anymore and I have to close out and open in another browser.

Edited by DreamSongs

I'm also continuing to have issues when loading the forum. Sometimes the page comes up OK initially, but on subsequent pages only the skin loads or the left side. If I can click on what I want in the split second before the ads normally come up, I can get to the next page. If not, the skin loads, but the ads never do and the page becomes non-responsive. I've tried clearing the cache, running spyware, etc. The problem is occurring in all browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome). Any ideas?

I'm also using the standard skin, nothing special. It happens at all times of the day or night. Its getting to the point that reloading the page isn't even working anymore and I have to close out and open in another browser.

Have you tried installing an ad blocker?

I'm running Safari and Firefox with Adblock Plus and have not experienced the issues being described. I disabled the ad blocker on this site in an attempt to recreate the problem. In my case the page becomes unresponsive and at one point I was not even able to log in. As soon as I re-enabled the ad blocker - problem solved. Maybe worth giving that a shot.

This problem with the banner/ad on the left are making the forum almost completely inaccessible at this point.

Exactly. I seem to be having luck with Firefox this morning. This is the most consistently I've been able to access the forum over the past month.

Thanks Consigliere...I'll look for that!

Exactly. I seem to be having luck with Firefox this morning. This is the most consistently I've been able to access the forum over the past month.

Thanks Consigliere...I'll look for that!

As a temporary measure you could try changing to the mobile site while you can actually access the forum.

HELENA MISSES ME :D

I cannot explicitly confirm or deny the truth of this statement.

So I'll let this smiley do the talking for me :grouphug:

ETA: My advice was genuine btw, the mobile site is generappy less buggy and should let you use the forum while the ad issue is resolved.

Edited by HelenaExMachina

I tried to start a new thread and this is what appeared instead of the thread:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3149 bytes) in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ironthrone/sources/classes/text/parser.php on line 1805

what I should do?

Edited by Jon's Queen Consort

I tried to start a new thread and this is what appeared instead of the thread:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3149 bytes) in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ironthrone/sources/classes/text/parser.php on line 1805

what I should do?

tried the same today same result:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2857 bytes) in /home/sites/westeros.org/forum_web/ironthrone/sources/classes/text/parser.php on line 1813

Very sorry about this. Their engineering team is trying to reproduce the issue, but the problem is that so far no one can.

Please post on the tower of fire thread and provide information on your location (generally, like continent), what device you're using, what browser you're using, and maybe with enough reports we can finally find out what the problem is.