Westeros wariors tier list

Sir Bronn

Hi ,i am creating this topic to write and discuss about westeros fighters.

Here is my tier list

Tier 1:

Arthur Dayne

Barristan Selmy

Jamie Lannister

Oberyn Martel

Sandor Clegane

Tier 2:

Robert Baratheon

Bronn

Brienne of Tarth

Syrio Forel

Gregor Clegane

Jaquen h gar(?)

Tier 3 :

Loras Tyrell

Beric Dondarrion

Ned Stark

Yoren

Dario Naharis

Jorah Mormont

Tier 4:

Jory Casel

Rodrik Casel

Vardis Egan

Meryn Trant

Aliser Thorne

Benjen Stark

Tier 5:

Robb Stark

Jon Snow

Renly Baratheon

Robb Stark

Notes :Jon and Robb are not expierienced and they art young so their skills are still getting better

Tier 6:

Most of Night's watch

Tier 7:Tyrion Lannister

Tier 8:

jofrey

Tier 9 :

Samwell tarly

You can create your own Tier list.He is one of the worst.1st he is a coward ,2nd he easily gets angry if His swings were blocked he would get frustrated easily.Robb wasn't fighting joffrey on 100%,cuz he was a prince.Average night's watch Guy like Pyp or Grenn Would smash him.He could be Tier 7 .Tyrion killed few men in the battle

Considering night's watch i was thinking about members after some training

Considering Rob and Jon .Thorne and Rodrik taught them how to fight ,maybe they are equal.

Benjan was experienced ranger i think he was better than Jon or Robb ,he had mogÄ™ experience for sure.

Tier 3:Beric had a good fight with The Hound so he is Tier 3 ,i think Ned was close to them .

Brienne and Bronn u think should be higher Or Lower?I really like Bronm but i don't want to overrate anyone.Jaquen and Syrio hugher Or Lower?

Oberyn and Sandor Tier 2 at least they are better than mountain for sure imho

Berzerkers are hinted at in the story if any berzerkers pop up they will move to top tier.

Theon says Ironborn were once Zerkers so maybe Dagmar is one. He is already top tier he was better than all ironborn and his closest peers are "near as dread" I think the quote was.

Jon or Ned could be zerkers. Jon does black out when he fights. Connington ran away after killing The Darling of the Vale and wounding Hoster Tully. Perhaps he ran from a zerking Ned. Could he have fled from just Robert? He went there to fight Robert. He would have gotten a fight with Robert like Rhaegar did so why run away.

Bronn didn't barely win over Egan he just fought save ,made him tired and i don't think he was fighting on 100%.joffrey talented are u mad?He was acting like he was talented Or sth like that,but he was coward and could get frustrated easily .He couldn't even catch Arya with few swings

Dayne and Barristan were best swordsman there ,perhaps Mountain style of fighting style would not be good for them ,but i think they would predict His moves and they mastered moves etc. do much that they Can deal with strength Or speed

As far as the tiers go--I have the strangest feeling that all these Legendary swords from the previous generations like Arthur, Barristan, and probably Robert are overrated. Sure, they were probably remarkably good and excellent swordsman--but saying they were the best ever?

I equate it to a grandfather from WWII going, "Back in my day..." when arguably modern Special Forces are better trained and capable than the Greatest Generation (not detracting from their achievements) but they don't have the romanticism attached to it. They were probably the best in their day, but that doesn't mean the best ever. I would go so far as to say that Jamie (pre hand loss) could have taken Arthur at his end, or Oberyn for that matter.

I do not mean to say that they could not be better, just that there is no way to know and people do tend to fall into the 'good old days' trap.

Jon is definitely tier 3, Iron Emmet was hype to be the pride of eastwatch, beating him is quite impressive even if that wasn't a serious fight.

Sandor,Oberyn,Loras,Gregor,Otah,Victarion,Brienne,Rhaegar,Prime Robert,Bronn are tier 2.

Tier 1 is only legends like Dayne,Selmy,Daemon,Aemon and possibly Jaime.

Ned is average at best I would put him tier 5.

U remember the conversation about Battles with Robert,Jamie and Barristan.Jamie Said that Barristan counter was the best move he has ever seen.Ned father told Barristan was one of the best and Dayne trained Jamie. I heard that there was no match for Dayne 1 for 1.

Ned worse than Jon ,fake .If he was on the wall i think he would be the best fighter there .He fought Dayne (7v3 )but still that victory was huge despite only 2 men survived.Barristan told that he saw Ned Killing good knights.Barristan could avoid ,counter Block with the shield or Attack 1st vs the Mountains.

jof maybe had luck and mauybe he was only goodbat this level and he couldn't evolve more .

Bronm nearly fell when he was fighting Egan ,well eceryone can fall of the edge even Mountain ,a Little cut doesn't mean that much .

Considering Beric ,when he fought the Hound he could be not as good as before resurrections

Speaking of people on the wall. Where would we put Mance on here. Supposedly the guy had to defeat all the clan chiefs to get their support. At least tier 2, and this man wasn't even a knight! The gall!

There is always someone faster, stronger, or better. No matter who you are.

Ned worse than Jon ,fake

Ned is without a single doubt worse than Jon with a sword.

Ned was average, he wasn't anything special with a sword, whereas Jon is talented and can hold his own against good fighters;

.If he was on the wall i think he would be the best fighter there

Qhorin Halfhand? Iron Emmet? Shadow Tower men?

Ned killed Dayne because of Howland Reed.

I think Neds skills are dismissed way too easily. You don't command that many men as part of a successful rebellion without being handy with a sword. Plus he had Ice, that must have counted for something.

No-one is saying he's completely inept, but this isn't a meritocracy. Chances are he'd be commanding those men even if he was as poor with a sword as Sam. Being a good tactician also does not make you a good swordsman. Ice in his hand definitely would have made the difference, it's probably the reason he is alive today.

Oh I agree, I just think he's more around the Jorah/Bronn 'tier'

:dunno: I guess we'll never know :crying:

Unless he warged in to that pigeon before he died! ;)

Back on topic, as others have said I think the older/dead fighters are probably overrated because of their reputation. The way I think of it is having a conversation with my dad about football, he'll say George best or Pele are the best, whereas I'd say Messi or Ronaldo

I read in the book the part with joffrey and Robb fight .There was mentioned that Rob landed more blows than jof thrown .Age difference?2 years not that much .In boxing 12 and 14 years old may be a difference but in sword fight.jof was acting like he was much better but he didn't want to fight with tournament swords ,which are not sharp .Everybody can see he was acting that he was better ,but he escaped

Considering reputation Barristan still fought in tournaments etc. ,Dayne died young.

Unless he warged in to that pigeon before he died! ;)

Back on topic, as others have said I think the older/dead fighters are probably overrated because of their reputation. The way I think of it is having a conversation with my dad about football, he'll say George best or Pele are the best, whereas I'd say Messi or Ronaldo

I think we're thinking different Footballs here... lol.

I don't doubt their prowess in their age, but I have a feeling the Quorin or Mance could have put up an even, if not better fight against Dayne or Barristan. The mountain landing one blow could send one of those men flying (through kinetic energy alone). Equipment and tactics play as big a role as their skill. Unarmored Mountain v almost any skilled swordsman? Easy win for the swordsman. Armored mountain in the same situation, totally different scenario.

I think we're thinking different Footballs here... lol.

I don't doubt their prowess in their age, but I have a feeling the Quorin or Mance could have put up an even, if not better fight against Dayne or Barristan. The mountain landing one blow could send one of those men flying (through kinetic energy alone). Equipment and tactics play as big a role as their skill. Unarmored Mountain v almost any skilled swordsman? Easy win for the swordsman. Armored mountain in the same situation, totally different scenario.

Yes ,but Oberyn cut him with spear if that spear passed Through the armor the sword can too and even armour has weak points ,they could cut him for example in the leg to reduce His mobility

Yes ,but Oberyn cut him with spear if that spear passed Through the armor the sword can too and even armour has weak points ,they could cut him for example in the leg to reduce His mobility

Not doubting the sharpness, but a spear is considerably longer than a sword. Swordsmen was definitely in the statement. If you expand it, you can always ride him down with a lance. :-) And not one of those tourney lances designed to break.

Archived