Harry Potter at the World Cup (Quiddich)

Deedles

I always shipped Luna and Harry. Unfortunately that was never to be!

It seems like I need to sign into pottermore to read that story quoted above. It's a pain logging onto the site for me, it keeps disconnecting on me every time I try getting onto the Daily Prophet section.

Except that all-purpose dumping ground for villains is the definition of black and white. I nearly threw the book across the room when Dumbledore remarked about Snape that "sometimes we sort too soon".

Would it have killed Rowling to actually show us a Slytherin who wasn't racist, ugly, and/or evil? (apart from Slughorn, who is merely a fat and pathetic coward?). It's a bit much to assume that a quarter of teenagers are irredeemably evil.

Slughorn wasn't a coward in the end. You read the Battle of Hogwarts and you think he's fled the scene but then he comes back with a tonne of reinforcements and IIRC fought Voldemort himself. I do appreciate that JK took the effort to have some nicer Slytherins (Slughorn) and some douchebag Gryffindors (Romilda and Cormac) in HPB. I did not however like the complete lack of Slytherins (aside from Slughorn) at the Battle. I suppose peer pressure and conflicted loyalties could explain some of that though.

The Quidditch finale review is amazing !

Rita and Ginny are in the press room commenting the match, but only Ginny is paying attention to the pitch.

All Rita is doing is gazing at the ViP room where the DA is and making her good old snarky comments !

Finale entry (Ginny's) is awesome !

Except that all-purpose dumping ground for villains is the definition of black and white. I nearly threw the book across the room when Dumbledore remarked about Snape that "sometimes we sort too soon".

Would it have killed Rowling to actually show us a Slytherin who wasn't racist, ugly, and/or evil? (apart from Slughorn, who is merely a fat and pathetic coward?). It's a bit much to assume that a quarter of teenagers are irredeemably evil.

I love the Harry Potter series, but I have to agree with that. Slytherins are supposed to be cunning and ambitious, and instead all of them seem to be always falling over themselves to be enslaved by a guy who will treat them like shit and kill or torture them whenever they displease him. I would have expected some of them to fall for Voldemort, yes, but I would have expected at least as many to resist him strongly.

I agree re: Slytherins. It always annoyed me in the final film when McGonagall sends all the Slytherins to the dungeons. One of my few gripes with the mighty McGonagall.

Doesn't Narcissa count as a good Slytherin in the end though?

I always get sorted into Ravenclaw, which is fine by me.

I never had a problem with Dumbledore's line, because Dumbledore is wrong about a lot of things, and really he's obviously biased towards his own house. Snape is Slytherin through and through, and Dumbledore can whinge about it all he wants.

However, you are right that the entirety of Slytherin choosing not to fight in the battle was really disappointing, and a bad move by Rowling.

Archived