Behind blue eyes

Snow Dottir

People may like to think Melissanre and followers of R'hollor are the only religious people at the wall... but that isn't likely.

Who told that?

The Old Gods can't be reduced to merely "praying to trees".

No one say that they did but from praying to trees going to they are the Ice is a huge logical leap.

No one is being insulting.

Calling someone a troll because (s)he askes something and you are not able to answer is insulting.

If you think this idea is "a stupid...meh....huh...whatever" that's absolutely fine this is an enormous forum.

Isn't that what a theory is? It wouldn't be a theory if we had all the facts, then it would be canon.

Wrong. In order to be a theory you need evidences,clues from the text. Something that has none is called fan fiction.

You come off as if you have it all worked out but you haven't answered my first question.

If the Others are not OF the OG. then who or what are they?

You must have your own theory.....???? (please don't say it's off topic)

If you want to spam your own thread ok. I do not believe that they have any connection with the OG and I believe that they are something different. The GRRTH isn't separated in people coming from fire or from the Old Gods.

Who told that?

No one say that they did but from praying to trees going to they are the Ice is a huge logical leap.

Calling someone a troll because (s)he askes something and you are not able to answer is insulting.

Wrong. In order to be a theory you need evidences,clues from the text. Something that has none is called fan fiction.

If you want to spam your own thread ok. I do not believe that they have any connection with the OG and I believe that they are something different. The GRRTH isn't separated in people coming from fire or from the Old Gods.

No.

I don't need "evidences" and clues for it to be a theory. not at all.

there is P-lenty clues in the text that have been cited by other people, you threw a library at me yesterday in one thread (which I follow)

No one here is re-writing a story thats been written.

I know the difference.

Your theory is as follows. You said,

"I do not believe that they have any connection with the OG and I believe that they are something different. The GRRTH isn't separated in people coming from fire or from the Old Gods."

This is your theory and we both can come back later when we have canon and "proof"

:cheers:

I believe that is either a mistake of a change of color because of the light. I don't believe that Val is a sexy Other who btw can breathe. I believe that this is just ridiculous.

I don't recall anyone saying that she was an Other. At least not seriously.

The biggest connection to the Others we could expect from Val, or any other human character would be to be live wighted (for explanation please see the "Advanced Crackpottery 2 - Wighting Theory" thread). That still wouldn't make her an Other though.

Val isn't even trying to seduce Jon and nothing suggest that she will attempt to do it.

Clearly you missed the tongue-in-cheek tone there. Also if you've read through the "Val is Jon's true queen" threads on here, you'll see there's plenty of potential foreshadowing of something happening between them. Seduction is entirely possible. Unless you have an ARC of TWoW that proves otherwise, in which case you better share. ;)

No.

I don't need "evidences" and clues for it to be a theory. not at all.

I think that you are so wrong. Theories need evidences, fan fictions or crackpots are those which need no evidences.

After ^part this part:

there is P-lenty clues in the text that have been cited by other people, you threw a library at me yesterday in one thread (which I follow)

No one here is re-writing a story thats been written.

I know the difference.

Makes no sense.

Your theory is as follows. You said,

"I do not believe that they have any connection with the OG and I believe that they are something different. The GRRTH isn't separated in people coming from fire or from the Old Gods."

This is your theory and we both can come back later when we have canon and "proof"

:cheers:

You are wrong it's not a theory.

I don't recall anyone saying that she was an Other. At least not seriously.

The biggest connection to the Others we could expect from Val, or any other human character would be to be live wighted (for explanation please see the "Advanced Crackpottery 2 - Wighting Theory" thread). That still wouldn't make her an Other though.

I have seen people seriously claiming that she is a super sexy and super smart Other or Others' wight spy.

For all our sakes, please look up the definition "fan fiction." I swear, that term gets mis-used on this forum more often than any other.

Many theories throughout history have begun with no more than a hunch. So no, you don't have to start with evidence. A theory is speculation, speculation does not require evidence. Evidence helps, and no theory will ever be proven without it, but 99% of theories about this series (no matter how much evidence people think there is) are unproven, and most will probably be disproven or remain mysteries by the end.

For all our sakes, please look up the definition "fan fiction." I swear, that term gets mis-used on this forum more often than any other.

Many theories throughout history have begun with no more than a hunch. So no, you don't have to start with evidence. A theory is speculation, speculation does not require evidence. Evidence helps, and no theory will ever be proven without it, but 99% of theories about this series (no matter how much evidence people think there is) are unproven, and most will probably be disproven or remain mysteries by the end.

Around here you do have to have some evidence in order to call something a theory. Making assumptions in your imagination without any evidence is either a crackpot or a fan fiction.

It's like someone claiming that Jon is the son or Renly and Cersei is a theory.

Around here you do have to have some evidence in order to call something a theory. Making assumptions in your imagination without any evidence is either a crackpot or a fan fiction.

It's like someone claiming that Jon is the son or Renly and Cersei is a theory.

HA!

Seriously???? "Around here.." HAHA No. Way.

That my friend, is you trying to be a bully. If everyone was afraid to theorize whats happening AT THE VERY END OF THE NOVELS. Before the books are released all you can do is talk about whats happening. Thats why I'm here. To talk about what has happened. I'm allowed to do that right? I'm not gonna fight and ruin my thread. Your Reaching.

O.k.::::: Ahem:::: I'm ofically ending this argument w/you...according to the rules of Board engagement.

JONSCONSORT QUEEN, thank you for your input as we must decidedly agree to disagree :)

HA!

Obviously you must know about loopholes in the rules around here...anyone notice someones missing? You can't say that. "Around here.." HAHA No. Way.

O.k.::::: Ahem::::

JONSCONSORT QUEEN, thank you for your input as we must decidedly agree to disagree :)

What? It is known that in order of something being considered and treated as a theory there should be some evidence. You can't call anything that the other say a theor without no evidence from the text. By your logic: Renly+Cersei=Jon, Ned is alive and is the Mance who is Rhaegar who is Tormund who is Syrio who is Jaqen.

What? It is known that in order of something being considered and treated as a theory there should be some evidence. You can't call anything that the other say a theor without no evidence from the text. By your logic: Renly+Cersei=Jon, Ned is alive and is the Mance who is Rhaegar who is Tormund who is Syrio who is Jaqen.

My theory is that Val is a kind of Priestess to the Old Gods. I'm sticking to it.

There is plenty of canon to defend it

I cant say it any simpler than that.

I added 2 words "kind of". Still thats really simple.

My theory is that Val is a Priestess to the Old Gods. I'm sticking to it.

There is plenty of canon to defend it

I cant say it any simpler than that. I dare someone to try.

I was talking about your *theory* that the Others have anything to do with the Old Gods. Do you have any evidence for this? I dare to say not.

I was talking about your *theory* that the Others have anything to do with the Old Gods. Do you have any evidence for this? I dare to say not.

Did I just wake up into some Bizarro world where no-one ever thought the Others were created by a God? That's what Gods do....

Did I just wake up into some Bizarro world where no-one ever thought the Others were created by a God? The Northern Gods. ? obvious.

I think that your first mistake is that you believe that there are Gods in ASOIAF.

Secondly is the fact that you seem to believe that the Others have to be created from someone else and not by themselves aka they have their own God.

And finally the part that you have mixed up the Old Gods with the North. The Old Gods were worshiped all over Westeros before the Andals they were not worshiped only in the North. So they are not Northern Gods since there are Southern families that worship them, they are the Gods that have been mainly worshiped in the North.

I think that your first mistake is that you believe that there are Gods in ASOIAF.

Secondly is the fact that you seem to believe that the Others have to be created from someone else and not by themselves aka they have their own God.

And finally the part that you have mixed up the Old Gods with the North. The Old Gods were worshiped all over Westeros before the Andals they were not worshiped only in the North. So they are not Northern Gods since there are Southern families that worship them, they are the Gods that have been mainly worshiped in the North.

Of course I believe in the gods.

I guess I put my "proof" you keep demanding in a shoebox

said shoebox is marked with "Things that can't be proven"

It will be there with your "proof" that there aren't Gods.

But thanks for that.

Anyways, yes I believe in the Gods.

I'd like to hear you explain how the Others or Dragons or Shaow babies or direwolves exist all all without Gods and magic.

how would one show devotion in thee south if they worshiped the Northern Gods? The same way they would in the north.Wierwood trees???? (<~~Edit, of course I meant north there Har!)

Winter isn't coming from the South.

I don't have anything mixed up.

Of course I believe in the gods.

Ok then. Moving on.

I guess I put my "proof" you keep demanding in a shoebox

said shoebox is marked with "Things that can't be proven"

It will be there with your "proof" that there aren't Gods.

Which is your "proof"?

I'd like to hear you explain how the Others or Dragons or Shaow babies or direwolves exist all all without Gods and magic.

I said that the Gods may not exist not the magic. Magic =/= God.

how would one show devotion in thee south if they worshiped the Northern Gods? The same way they would in the south.Wierwood trees????

Yet again, just like their names show they are not Northern Gods they are Old Gods. They were the first Gods but they were not originated from the North.

I don't have anything mixed up.

I think that you do.

Ok then. Moving on.

Which is your "proof"?

I said that the Gods may not exist not the magic. Magic =/= God.

Yet again, just like their names show they are not Northern Gods they are Old Gods. They were the first Gods but they were not originated from the North.

I think that you do.

Yeah you really should move on since saying the Gods don't exist is the biggest crackpot theory I've ever seen.

Yeah you really should move on since saying the Gods don't exist is the biggest crackpot theory I've ever seen.

Again I think that you have messed up.

But you didn't answered me why the Others cannot have their own God and they have to be connected with the Old Gods.

Again I think that you have messed up.

But you didn't answered me why the Others cannot have their own God and they have to be connected with the Old Gods.

Give me a break.

Move on already. Seriously. I can't respond this for the rest of the night. I'm not adding one more post from me to you, if I do I'll just keep editing this. You're being obvious. At first I gave you the benifit of the doubt but your questions get more redundant as you keep going, It's really old. All the questions you asked have been answered.

First you say there are no Gods (now it's one god, which a duality can be 2 aspects of one divine force) then you cry about the others having their own God you make no sense.

Most all of your post are like this, try adding somthing.

YOU SAID

"I think that your first mistake is that you believe that there are Gods in ASOIAF."

You just said no Gods. Like 2 post ago. Look up ^ Thats not saying there is a possibility. You clearly make a declarative statement. Those are your words.

I seriously can't deal with you all day you're acting like Vals stole your boyfriend or something....

I've been polite with you. You will not goad me into name calling. If you come back with one more childish remark I will ignore you (which I've never done to anyone) and you will have to flop against the walls yourself.

And furthermore :) there are Gods in this story. Hello??? what novels are you reading?

Give me a break.

Move on already.Seriously. I can't respond this for the rest of the night. I'm not adding one more post from me to you, if I do I'll just keep editing this. You're being obvious.

So you can't answer to the simple question why you believe that the Others have any conection with the Old Gods. In other words you can't explain why you believe in your *theory*. Lol ok.

You just said no Gods.

I said that there is a possibility yes.

I seriously can't deal with you all day you're acting like Vals stole your boyfriend or something....

Funny how Val is barely mentioned in this thread.

Archived