R+L=J v 87

Stubby

i did that when i came to know about RL carved in wood when sam and jon talking

maybe i too will take a look at that again

Oh WOW! I hadn't heard of that (and am way behind on the show) and looked it up after reading your post just now. WOW.

Oh WOW! I hadn't heard of that (and am way behind on the show) and looked it up after reading your post just now. WOW.

i also find out because of this forum otherwise i wouldnt have seen it

did u find that one RL ..its during first season where they both have a conversation about girls and Ser Alliser comes and tells them about winter

i did that when i came to know about RL carved in wood when sam and jon talking

maybe i too will take a look at that again

I remember that one! J. Stargaryen pointed it out a few threads ago and my bind was BLOWN.

I love that they keep using the blue rose in the throne room. There are some other instances where it's *very* clear. Like when Varys and LIttlefinger are having little tet-a-tet's. It's framed right between them. And, of course, when Dany is walking through the throne room (with all the snow!!) at one point she's walking right toward the blue-rose panel. Clear as day.

ETA: for example.... http://gameofthronesrp.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/543279_305164902904050_240720222_n.jpg

ETA#2 or this one http://images4.fanpop.com/image/polls/841000/841889_1317074293092_full.jpg

Also, now that I'm looking at the pics again....the RED fire burst directly behind the blue flower has SEVEN points. I might be putting too much into this, but it makes me think of J. Stargaryen's Rhaegar's rubies theory. We're all waiting on the 7th ruby (blood of the Targ) to be found.

The Rhaegar Ruby Theory is still one of my favorites. I probably post about it more than anyone else, so I suppose a lot of people think it's mine, but the analysis was a group effort for sure. Lady Gwyn, FrozenFire3, and MarinaC all deserve as much credit as me in that regard. Though I did add some pretty neat stuff about The Black Prince and his ruby later on.

Edward of Woodstock—aka, the Black Prince—was a crown prince known for his black armor and famous ruby, who predeceased his father the king by about a year, iirc. The crown prince's untimely death played a significant role in the dynastic struggle that followed, most commonly known as the Wars of the Roses. Hm, not sure how any of this could be applicable to ASoIaF. ;)

They had come together at the ford of the Trident while the battle crashed around them, Robert with his warhammer and his great antlered helm, the Targaryen prince armored all in black. On his breastplate was the three-headed dragon of his House, wrought all in rubies that flashed like fire in the sunlight. - AGoT, Eddard I

Yet when the jousting began, the day belonged to Rhaegar Targaryen. The crown prince wore the armor he would die in: gleaming black plate with the three-headed dragon of his House wrought in rubies on the breast. - AGoT, Eddard XV

I remember that one! J. Stargaryen pointed it out a few threads ago and my bind was BLOWN.

I had the same reaction when I first saw it.

thanks i forgot who found that ... :cheers: to J.Stargaryen

I don't recall who showed me, but I'm happy to pass the info along. :)

And don't forget that Lyanna most likely would have requested a marriage before he slept with her or as soon as she realized she was pregnant.

No!!!! I want Drogon to be Dany's mount. It seems that dragon riders don't ride other dragon riders dragons in this series, so unless Dany dies this seems unlikely.

We know that a dragon can have more than one rider but that a rider can only mount one dragon. I don't recall that it had been stated anywhere that the first rider had to die before the second rider can mount the dragon. I think Cersei drew Rhaegar and herself on a dragon when she was little and then said to Jaime that it was Alysanne and Jaeherys.

So, I think it is possible that both Jon and Dany can be Drogon's riders as the same time.

We know that a dragon can have more than one rider but that a rider can only mount one dragon. I don't recall that it had been stated anywhere that the first rider had to die before the second rider can mount the dragon. I think Cersei drew Rhaegar and herself on a dragon when she was little and then said to Jaime that it was Alysanne and Jaeherys.

So, I think it is possible that both Jon and Dany can be Drogon's riders as the same time.

How do Cersei's drawings proof anything? :p They've got nothing to do with it.

As to the first and second rider issue: Syrax was claimed by Queen Rhaenyra. However, Rhaenyra's son Joffrey tried to mount Syrax alone, and Syrax threw the boy off in response. So that's an example where the first rider is still alive, and a second rider makes an attempt.

How do Cersei's drawings proof anything? :P They've got nothing to do with it.

As to the first and second rider issue: Syrax was claimed by Queen Rhaenyra. However, Rhaenyra's son Joffrey tried to mount Syrax alone, and Syrax threw the boy off in response. So that's an example where the first rider is still alive, and a second rider makes an attempt.

Yes, I think the first rider needs to be dead? Leanna Valaryon few Vhagar, but after death Aemond Targaryen rode Vhagar.

However, I'm still camp Jon-Wargs-Drogon-and-Dany-Rides

Regarding riding Drogon or any of the dragons, Jon might be put to the test, in circumstances similar to Dany in the pit, face to face with Drogon. That as Drogon lay down his neck and folded his wings for Dany to mount him, Jon may in similar fashion show the mystical bond of him as a dragonrider, sort of like a proof test, although Jon won't do it with a whip, but calmly reaching with his hand to calm the dragon as it kneel before him (maybe unknowingly warging? similar to Bran calming down Hodor in the show)... and only this time it will be for everyone to see, especially Dany, convincing her that Jon is a legit dragonrider.

It may also caused her to cry in pain, the hurt, as a mother losing a child, that the dragon that Jon mounts, is Drogon.

Some interesting quotes that came up on another thread today:

LF's duel with Brandon:

When the river was lapping at their ankles, Brandon finally ended it, with a brutal backhand cut that bit through petyr's rings and leather into the soft flesh below the ribs,so deep that Caitlyn was certain that the wound was mortal.

He looked at her as he fell and murmured."Cat" as the bright blood came flowing out between his mailed fingers.

And Rhaegars final fight with Robert:

Rubies flew like drops of blood from the chest of a dying prince, and he sank to his knees in the water and with his last breath murmured a woman's name.

It is my suggestion that these two quotes might be another hint that Rhaegar loved Lyanna.

That LF loved Catelyn when he was a young boy is unquestionable (that it turned into some creepy obsession later on, is a discussion for another place). But the similarity between these two events seems to be too much to be a coincidence, so perhaps it's a hint that Rhaegar truly loved Lyanna.

Credit for finding the quotes goes to @the marsh king

How do Cersei's drawings proof anything? :P They've got nothing to do with it.

But that's because Joffrey had already a dragon, no ? (I don't really remember) Not because he tried to ride his mother's dragon. Plus Joffrey just jumped on Syrax as if the dragon was a horse and wouldn't mind.

Can someone direct me to where someone has posted all the evidence that R+L=J? especially about the significance of blue rose and how it is unlikely/impossible that he is Ashara Dayne's son.

ALL the evidence? I don't know that we have a complete evidence list..? But I would start on page one. The first post has a very helpful link summary (from the Citadel)

Blue Roses...well, I'd start with J. Stargaryen's thread: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/82623-jon-snow-and-the-blue-winter-rosetta-stone/

(there are more threads but that's the one that sprang to mind)

As far as Ashara...I'm not sure where to point you for that one.

Can someone direct me to where someone has posted all the evidence that R+L=J? especially about the significance of blue rose and how it is unlikely/impossible that he is Ashara Dayne's son.

Page 1 of the thread. 3 different rundowns. If you're still skeptical, come right back.

The link BearQueen87 gave is to the OP. Another recommended link from the same thread. - Link

Archived