R+L=J v 87

Stubby

But Dany already's got Drogon and with all that thing about the first rider having to die before another rider ridding the dragon (that I'm still not convinced of), well I'm not seeing Dany dying soon, not at least before the middle of the last book.

ps: Wow, you have been posting a lot. We had more or less the same number of posts not so long ago.

^ I would prefer it to be Rhaegal because of the name, the coloring (green/bronze -> First Men) and because Rhaegal had always been my favorite dragon. Viserion is the weakest IMO, he/it (?) likes everyone and I think he/it (?) is going to bend to the dragon horn.

Jon gets Viserion. He is very similar to Ghost (red eyes, white coloring), and I am convinced Ghost will need to be sacrificed to bring Jon back (also complete the transformation from boy to man and from Direwolf to Dragon).

Jon gets Viserion. He is very similar to Ghost (red eyes, white coloring), and I am convinced Ghost will need to be sacrificed to bring Jon back (also complete the transformation from boy to man and from Direwolf to Dragon).

Viserion doesn't have red eyes, Drogon is the one with the red eyes. But I have also the feeling that Ghost will be sacrified to "heal" Jon. That makes me sad, I love Ghost !

But Dany already's got Drogon and with all that thing about the first rider having to die before another rider ridding the dragon (that I'm still not convinced of), well I'm not seeing Dany dying soon, not at least before the middle of the last book.

Oh goodness, I agree. Dany is not going to die soon (or EVER! GRRM PLEASE!) But if Jon wargs Drogon...

ps: Wow, you have been posting a lot. We had more or less the same number of posts not so long ago.

What can I say...I like it here. :blushing:

Viserion doesn't have red eyes, Drogon is the one with the red eyes. But I have also the feeling that Ghost will be sacrified to "heal" Jon. That makes me sad, I love Ghost !

Oh yes. Ghost puppy is doomed. :(

Whoops. Guess you're right. That being said I still think Mel sacrifices Ghost and realized Jon's the Ice Dragon of the Wall. Otherwise UnCat sacrifices herself to make UnJon. I still firmly believe that if Jon, Arya, Dany or Tyrion are going to die, then it will be near the end of the last book.

Edit: Although I kind of like the idea of Jon taking Drogon from Dany!!!

Oh goodness, I agree. Dany is not going to die soon (or EVER! GRRM PLEASE!) But if Jon wargs Drogon...

What can I say...I like it here. :blushing:

Oh yes. Ghost puppy is doomed. :(

I can see that happening. Uh, if Jon is warging Drogon while Dany is riding him, could it be seen as Dany riding Jon (even if Jon is the one controlling because well he is controlling the dragon)? I see all the weirds theories about three mounts must you ride... Your favorite friendzone guy doesn't seem to have a lot of chances left, doesn't he ?

By the way, I have always had that weird picture of Dany riding Ghost in my head since I read the "It was as if they (Ghost and Val) belonged together" in the scene when Jon describes Val as having "silvery hair", plus the "Are you trying to steal my wolf ?" (paraphrasing sorry). If Jon steals Drogon from Dany by warging into him, it is only fair that Dany borrows Ghost, no ?

I can see that happening. Uh, if Jon is warging Drogon while Dany is riding him, could it be seen as Dany riding Jon (even if Jon is the one controlling because well he is controlling the dragon)? I see all the weirds theories about three mounts must you ride... Your favorite friendzone guy doesn't seem to have a lot of chances left, doesn't he ?

I don't take it sexually, though I know you can. But I do think Jon will be one of two people to warg a Dragon for battle (cough, Bran, cough). Either Dany rides Drogon or she'll ride another. if they warg/ride together, it shows a unified Targ front.

I hate the term friendzone. Like...passionately. A woman does not owe a man sex or affection simply because he's been good and kind to her. I may ship the living hell out of Jorah and Dany, but the second she hooks up with him just to pay him back, I'm out.

ETA: sorry, didn't mean that to seem snappish. I just hate when Jorah gets called that because it makes it seem like Dany should sleep with him as payment.

By the way, I have always had that weird picture of Dany riding Ghost in my head since I read the "It was as if they (Ghost and Val) belonged together" in the scene when Jon describes Val as having "silvery hair", plus the "Are you trying to steal my wolf ?" (paraphrasing sorry). If Jon steals Drogon from Dany by warging into him, it is only fair that Dany borrows Ghost, no ?

If I didn't believe that Ghost would be offered up as a sacrifice for Jon, Dany could pet Ghost just like Val. I'm sure the direwolf would like her.

I don't take it sexually, though I know you can. But I do think Jon will be one of two people to warg a Dragon for battle (cough, Bran, cough). Either Dany rides Drogon or she'll ride another. if they warg/ride together, it shows a unified Targ front.

I hate the term friendzone. Like...passionately. A woman does not owe a man sex or affection simply because he's been good and kind to her. I may ship the living hell out of Jorah and Dany, but the second she hooks up with him just to pay him back, I'm out.

If I didn't believe that Ghost would be offered up as a sacrifice for Jon, Dany could pet Ghost just like Val. I'm sure the direwolf would like her.

It was just a joke because Jorah is often called that. I don't like really the term either (personnal experience : some guys complaining about being in my "friendzone" and other people complaining because I "have put some guy in my friendzone" while he "is trying so hard since two years !" :bang: "Oh sorry, should have I fallen at your feet to make your ego feel better ?")

It was just a joke because Jorah is often called that. I don't like really the term either (personnal experience : some guys complaining about being in my "friendzone" :bang: "Oh sorry, should have I fallen at your feet to make your ego feel better ?")

Yeah, I got snappish. I added an ETA apologizing to my post but I think we must have posted at the same time. Drink? :cheers:

So...dragons. Direwolves who inexplicably like people (no, really. Why does Ghost like Mel?!). What's next?

This will happen, but not how you described :P

Yeah, I got snappish. I added an ETA apologizing to my post but I think we must have posted at the same time. Drink? :cheers:

So...dragons. Direwolves who inexplicably like people (no, really. Why does Ghost like Mel?!). What's next?

Sorry, but he is now permanently Lord Friendzone

"

"

Totally off topic, but a woman can be in a man's friendzone too, like Sansa with Loras or Brienne with Red Ronnet Connington.

Jorah loves Dany, but she doesn't love him back. I don't remember him ever saying that she "owed" him sexual favors. Some might use the term to mean some kind of debt, but it doesn't necessarily mean that.

"

"

Totally off topic, but a woman can be in a man's friendzone too, like Sansa with Loras or Brienne with Red Ronnet Connington.

Jorah loves Dany, but she doesn't love him back. I don't remember him ever saying that she "owed" him sexual favors. Some might use the term to mean some kind of debt, but it doesn't necessarily mean that.

I know they can. But Jorah gets called Lord/Ser Friendzone constantly. It grates.

*resists urge to post her long "nope, complicated feelings are complicated" post*

Anyway...sorry folks! This conversation went oddly off topic.

:cheers: !

Ghost doesn't really like Mel, I thought it was pretty obvious that Mel used her magic/glamour on Ghost.

And about Jorah, I think people call him Lord Friendzone to make fun of him because he will never get the girl, not because they think that Dany ought to sleep with him because he is nice to her or something.

ps: I think we are kind off topic since a few posts... my bad.

edit: Just saw that you had said the same thing ! :cheers:

:cheers: !

Ghost doesn't really like Mel, I thought it was pretty obvious that Mel used her magic/glamour on Ghost.

Was...it? Ok, filed under things I missed and must go back and investigate.

I think this is probably a good catch. If Lyanna did give Jon a name, I think Aegon is a (surprisingly?) strong candidate.

- ACoK, Daenerys IV (HotU)

I think it's safe to say that Rhaegar wrongly attributed the PtwP as well as the SoIaF to his son with Elia. Both are better fits for Jon (or even Dany in the case of the PtwP). Normally we just chalk it up to Rhaegar misinterpreting prophecy again. However, there's a good chance he's got the details right, but applied them to the wrong son. Well, one of those details is the name Aegon. "What better name for a king?"

I think we all assume Rhaegar told Lyanna these things. She was a smart girl, and would likely have realized that not all was lost when Aegon was murdered. That her son's birth presented a second chance to fulfill the prophecy, or that maybe it was meant for him all along. If she believed Rhaegar had the details right, but applied them to the wrong son, Lyanna would possess a strong motive for naming her son Aegon, too. "What better name for a king?"

---

If Jon's true name is Aegon, there is a fair chance he could turn out to be the seventh King Aegon, following fAegon as Aegon VI in a short stint, or as a pretender. Which, btw, could provide a possible spin on the Elder Brother's famous quote: “Six have been found. We are all waiting for the seventh.”

GRRM has already introduced the idea of rival Aegons in TPatQ and TRP. Aegon the Elder ruled first briefly as Aegon II (even numbered=bad Aegons), and was succeeded by the Younger as Aegon III (odd numbered=good Aegons). Foreshadowing for Aegons VI and VII? Interestingly, Aegon III was known for always dressing in black.

Even born as an Aegon, and assuming he becomes the seventh one to be king, I don't think it's a slam dunk by any means that it will be as a member of House Targaryen. In fact, I would still bet on a third dynasty. Remember the Trident. Targaryen, Baratheon(Lannister), Snow/Stark.

Along these lines, both Jon and Rhaegar are strongly associated with the color black, but whereas Rhaegar's black plate armor was highlighted by his red rubies, Jon has lots of symbolic ties to the color blue.

OMG i never intended that to be anything important.....but i love how you connect these points and finding out these small small connections and making a pattern ...pure genius :bowdown:

You keep coming up with things that blow my mind. :cheers: :bowdown:

I love the connection back to the rubies--and I agree; fAegon will sit the IT for a short time as Aegon, 6th of his Name.

And the last odd numbered Ageon was "Egg;" when we meet him, he's a prince (deliberately) hiding in plain sight.

i would like to add another connection to Aegon 5 and Aegon 7(if that was the case)

i saw someone mention about Aemon Targaryan then I remembered Jon and EGG getting same advice from Aemon

"Kill the BOY and Let The MAN be Born"

i see him not riding Drogon or warging it because like i said before the need of warging Drogon is completely unnecessary ....Drogon and Danny share a connection that since the Drogon was an egg and i dont she why he need to warg that anyway ...

i think the thought of Drogon being considered as a king or something so that should make jon somehow control is ridiculus .....we dont want jon to be having everything here ,do we?

a dragon is a dragon if he rides a dragon it will be others (IMO) and personally i believe Rhaegal because of the name thing and he is the one that killed Quentyn ( claiming to be having dragon blood) if that was the case Rhaegal will kill anyone of the false claims and join jon who is a real targ...

and i dont see Ghost sacrificing either and particularly Mel doing that ....i think he will not become UNJON because IMO he will be in his sickbed like Bran and not dead (you have to be dead to become UNJON)...

and when he is at the sickbed ..i think he will spend most of his time warging into ghost and having dreams from Bran ..so i cant see how Ghost will be sacrificed ....if jon is to be return by a sacrifice i say it will be Theon

but i will not be suprised jon is waken by Danny mainly due to Bran's dream about him turning pale like a dead and Danny's vision about wall ...if that is the case i see jon spending time as a Wolf all next book

Archived