R+L=J v 87

Stubby

Drogon and Jon are both black dragons, and he has red eyes like Ghost. It would be a yin-yang/ice and fire motif that characterizes Jon.

but i will not be suprised jon is waken by Danny mainly due to Bran's dream about him turning pale like a dead and Danny's vision about wall ...if that is the case i see jon spending time as a Wolf all next book

Except Dany is in Essos, and Jon will need to be awake in TWoW. There is nothing pointing to Dany waking him.

Except Dany is in Essos, and Jon will need to be awake in TWoW. There is nothing pointing to Dany waking him.

i think we'll get one chapter of Jon-in-Ghost; and then there will be a Mel chapter where she brings him back.

ETA: possible Mel and Val

Drogon and Jon are both black dragons, and he has red eyes like Ghost. It would be a yin-yang/ice and fire motif that characterizes Jon.

i know she is not here ....and it will not be anytime soon

i might have added that i don't see how that happening bcoz he spends full book as a wolf

but drogon he may ride drogon bcoz dragons have more than one riders but i don't see Danny dying before the end to jon take drogon (i know that there r theories that jon will take drogon but this is what my personal opinion)

i know she is not here ....and it will not be anytime soon

i might have added that i don't see how that happening bcoz he spends full book as a wolf

Except there is still the Boltons and the fallout at the Wall that needs dealing with. I doubt GRRM will keep comatose for the entire book. Even Bran didn't last the entire book in a coma.

Except there is still the Boltons and the fallout at the Wall that needs dealing with. I doubt GRRM will keep comatose for the entire book. Even Bran didn't last the entire book in a coma.

didn't i say the same thing that i don't see how its seems unlikely that Jon will spend an entire book in bed and inside ghost ...it was just a thought i never said it is what is going to happen and i just missed that to add it in the end of the post ....

OMG i never intended that to be anything important.....but i love how you connect these points and finding out these small small connections and making a pattern ...pure genius :bowdown:

Thanks. :)

I did a comparison of linguistic similarities/parallels that included descriptions of Aegon that were equally applicable to Jon—"Rhaegar's infant son, Rhaegar's heir." This was by design, imo, so that GRRM could use the subtext to convey additional information. I think I was drawing on the underpinning of that analysis somewhat when I made the case for Lyanna naming Jon Aegon; i.e., that what Aegon was supposed to be, Jon is. Rhaegar's son and heir, the PtwP, the SoIaF, and possibly... a king named Aegon.

i would like to add another connection to Aegon 5 and Aegon 7(if that was the case)

i saw someone mention about Aemon Targaryan then I remembered Jon and EGG getting same advice from Aemon

"Kill the BOY and Let The MAN be Born"

Good point. Though I don't recall any off the top of my head, I believe there a few Jon-Egg parallels and/or connections that have been made.

Thanks. :)

I did a comparison of linguistic similarities/parallels that included descriptions of Aegon that were equally applicable to Jon—"Rhaegar's infant son, Rhaegar's heir." This was by design, imo, so that GRRM could use the subtext to convey additional information. I think I was drawing on the underpinning of that analysis somewhat when I made the case for Lyanna naming Jon Aegon; i.e., that what Aegon was supposed to be, Jon is. Rhaegar's son and heir, the PtwP, the SoIaF, and possibly... a king named Aegon.

Good point. Though I don't recall any off the top of my head, I believe there a few Jon-Egg parallels and/or connections that have been made.

that was a good read and i can see how both have similarities and their pattern when you put it that way

i have to say before i came to the forums and when i finished reading my books for the first time .....i believed that Vision that Danny as in HOTU where Rhaegar is with his child and a women ...i thought it was Jon and lyanna ...but after coming to the forums i had learned that there is a timeline problem for that and GRRM has mentioned it was indeed Elia and her son Aegon ....so i gave up on the thought that Jon could be named as Aegon ..but who knows like u and other posters said he might be Aegon the seventh

iam trying to read all the 86 threads whenever i have time so iam hoping i will come across those parallels between jon and egg

Well, there's been a lot of speculation about Jon Snow's possible Targaryen birthname, and I love the elaborate articles I just read above. Still I cannot get Aemon Targaryen out of my mind.

Maester Aemon tells Jon, this is his test. Jon runs away. He thinks to himself:

AGoT 70 Jon IX

(highlighting the name is my own markup, it is plain text in the book)

So he does not turn back, and he is not Aemon Targaryen either.

Then he turns back...

If Rhaegar gave Jon a Targaryen name, Aemon might be the most likely option. If it was Lyanna though, I think the likelihood of Aemon drops significantly.

Perhaps Rhaegar told Lyanna about his family, and about his close friendship with Aemon (even though they lived very far apart). In such a case, Lyanna might have considered Aemon as a Targaryen name, since if Rhaegar had been telling her about any male Targaryen, it would have been Aemon, and Rhaegar and perhaps Lyanna would most likely have been expecting the child to have been a girl, leaving Lyanna unprepared to come up with a boys name after the birth.

I think there are lots of good points for Jon being Aegon, and am honestly on the fence here. But I have to say I really love the Aemon catch. "Nor was he Aemon Targaryen" seems akin to the well known line from Tyrion about Jon's mother leaving "nothing of herself" in the boy. Just a little tidbit that might have GRRM chuckling to himself as he wrote it. :D

And to add to it, recall that Jon's childhood hero is Aemon the Dragon Knight ;)

I think there are lots of good points for Jon being Aegon, and am honestly on the fence here. But I have to say I really love the Aemon catch. "Nor was he Aemon Targaryen" seems akin to the well known line from Tyrion about Jon's mother leaving "nothing of herself" in the boy. Just a little tidbit that might have GRRM chuckling to himself as he wrote it. :D

And to add to it, recall that Jon's childhood hero is Aemon the Dragon Knight ;)

Yes, I'm sold on Aemon being is Targaryen name. After all, Jon Snow knows nothing, that makes me think of the "Mance's blood is no more royal than my own", and like Reek would say "You have to know your name".

Yes, I'm sold on Aemon being is Targaryen name. After all, Jon Snow knows nothing, that makes me think of the "Mance's blood is no more royal than my own", and like Reek would say "You have to know your name".

Jons line about Mances blood always makes me think about Dunk stating that Glendon Ball has just as little a chance as Dunk of ever becoming a KG knight..

Jons line about Mances blood always makes me think about Dunk stating that Glendon Ball has just as little a chance as Dunk of ever becoming a KG knight..

:lol: I didn't remember that one.

I can remember his hero being Daeron I "the Young Dragon".. where is the Dragonknight mentioned?

I think it was a memory of Jon and Robb playing when they were little "I am Aemon the Dragonknight"/ "I am the Lord of Winterfell !".

I can remember his hero being Daeron I "the Young Dragon".. where is the Dragonknight mentioned?

Here's the quote in full--

They were not little boys when they fought, but knights and mighty heroes. “I’m Prince Aemon the Dragonknight,” Jon would call out, and Robb would shout back, “Well, I’m Florian the Fool.” Or Robb would say, “I’m the Young Dragon,” and Jon would reply, “I’m Ser Ryam Redwyne.”

If Jon is Aemon, how wonderful is that line? :)

Archived