Dany/Tyrion Question

The Fresh PtwP

She already has saved him once before in the pits.

She did that intentionally fully aware of who he is? If not, and we know she didn't, then well, the argument is not valid.

I think it will have something with Tyrion fighting for cause in Meereen, him possibly saving people from dragons, his smartness and knowledge about Westeros and dragons etc... It will be combination of reasons, by I believe she will learn to trust him at some point.

A hostage???

And whom would she bribe with him? To which of her antagonists is he of any value alive?

She is the only power to whom this particular Lannister could be useful alive, the point is when and how she will find out.

I imagine the whole thing going like this:

Dany: "Lannister?! Why should i trust you? Do you know what your father did?"

Tyrion: "Do you know what your father did?"

Dany: "What's that supposed to mean?"

Barristan: "Well, here's the thing, my grace..."

I'm just saying that if she would save him not knowing who he was at all, she might not fly off the handle just knowing his name is Lannister.

With that lovely warning by Quaithe? Remember, she has more than one reason not to trust him.

A hostage???

And whom would she bribe with him? To which of her antagonists is he of any value alive?

She is the only power to whom this particular Lannister could be useful alive, the point is when and how she will find out.

LOL... I agree.

Eh, I feel like she doesn't really trust Quaithe as much as some people think, but yes, I can also see her not receiving him well... I have nothing further to add in defense of Tyrion so I'll defer to the best argument I've ever seen about him:

if you painted him blue he's a smurf how can you hate smurfs?

She's going to start off suspicious of him, for sure. He's one of the Usurper's dogs, from her perspective. Also, assuming he shows up with Jorah, that complicates matters significantly - but exile or no, Dany has a soft spot in her heart for Jorah, so a little of that might rub off on Tyrion.

Possibly she'll refuse to see him at first, either for the Usurper's dog reason or the Jorah's companion reason, and it might take some heroic act like Tyrion's Nose is talking about just to get him into her audience chamber, but ultimately, she's going to hear him out, and Tyrion can pretty much talk his way out of anything. In this case he'll be talking himself into something, Dany's trust, or at least into her willingness to let him hang around for a bit.

Once she spends a little time with, she'll quickly see what an invaluable resource he is, because Dany is no fool and it will be obvious. Tyrion is generally smart, well-read and, as Tywin put it, cunning, but the biggest thing, as I mentioned in another thread, is that he is uniquely suited to be Dany's advisor on Westerosi politics. Nobody else has his combination of knowledge of the major players and a relatively neutral and disinterested position on everything.

She needs him, and I'm sure he can get that across to her. All he needs is a few minutes in her audience chamber, and he will make it rain.

He'll get her to accept Jorah back into her council, too.

- He killed two of her biggest enemies

- He's the perfect person to help her take KL (he even successfully defended the city from invasion)

- He knows about Aegon (probably the most important reason)

- Illyrio sent him and Dany kind of trusts Illyrio

- He's incredibly clever and charming and will find a way of getting her on side

- He killed two of her biggest enemies

- He's the perfect person to help her take KL (he even successfully defended the city from invasion)

- He knows about Aegon (probably the most important reason)

- Illyrio sent him and Dany kind of trusts Illyrio

- He's incredibly clever and charming and will find a way of getting her on side

All of this, plus Casterly Rock. He's the way in. Remember when Dany's men (led by BBP and Jorah, IIRC) went into that city through the sewers? And remember how Tyrion was in charge of the sewers back home? No one knows them better than he does.

Trust him? No, but take him on anyway because he can be valuable. You don't have to trust someone to realize their value and work together for a common cause. If he turns on her she can let Drogon have a nice appetizer.

I imagine the whole thing going like this:

Dany: "Lannister?! Why should i trust you? Do you know what your father did?"

Tyrion: "Do you know what your father did?"

Dany: "What's that supposed to mean?"

Barristan: "Well, here's the thing, my grace..."

:lmao: Pretty much. And there's always the "I killed Tywin Lannister, the usurper's dog" angle that he can use. Also he knows the truth about Cersei's kids, and he hates Cersei. If ever two people had common cause to work together, it's Tyrion and Dany.

Just remembered, he's read everything there is to read about dragons. It will be fun to see how much of that recorded knowledge turns out to be wrong.

Archived