Dany's Landing

#Turncloak

Ok, so many people have theories that Dany will never get to Westeros, create her own country in Essos or die along the way, but I don't see the sense in that because she is one of the main characters and she is supposed to get there because she just is. If GRRM has been fooling us all along I won't be happy :bang:

Now, the question is where will she land in Westeros?

Some people think it might be Dorne (house with the red door thing, Martell alliance and stuff) or the Wall (first to defeat the Others, then to do everything else), but I think it might be White harbor. Why?

I think it is a great chance for Dany to make the northern lords and the King in the North (Jon via Robb's document from ASoS and him being son of Rhaegar) bend the knee and help her against a common foe, the Others.

As history repeats itself in Westeros I found an interesting parallel to this possible theory:

Jon Stark, King in the North and head of House Stark who lived before the Conquest built the castle named Wolf's den (which is today's White harbor) to defend the kingdom from raiders from the east (Daenerys is coming from the east). Therefore, it would be very cool if GRRM decides for this route.

What do you think about this theory and where will Dany finally land (whenever that might be)?

I think it has a lot to do with how they are going to get those dragons the heck across the Narrow Sea.

Dragons and wooden boats with cloth sails don't mix. One little puff of flame in the wrong place, and everybody dies. The Royal Navy in the Age of Nelson had a death penalty for an unauthorized open flame below decks.

You could fly them across, but do they know the way? Would they fly in formation? And if they're flying across, where is Dany's army that she's also gonna need?

I've been puzzling over this since they hatched. I know she brought them to Astapor, but weren't they in little boxes then? And not quite the same threat?

I assumed the other two dragons would follow her on Drogon. I like your idea about the wolf's den. Some nice symmetry there. If she has Tyrion in tow they could land at Lannister possibly. It's a big port. And presently sheltered from the ravages of the civil war raging in the north, south and riverlands.

I assumed the other two dragons would follow her on Drogon. I like your idea about the wolf's den. Some nice symmetry there. If she has Tyrion in tow they could land at Lannister possibly. It's a big port. And presently sheltered from the ravages of the civil war raging in the north, south and riverlands.

So no army, then?

I can't really see flying the dragons across in company with ships. If you're going to fly a dragon across the sea, I think you need to get it on and cross the damn sea. Ships can take forever if the wind goes foul.

How do you get the dragons and the army across the sea? I think they need to go together, otherwise you're inviting defeat in detail.

So no army, then?

I can't really see flying the dragons across in company with ships. If you're going to fly a dragon across the sea, I think you need to get it on and cross the damn sea. Ships can take forever if the wind goes foul.

How do you get the dragons and the army across the sea? I think they need to go together, otherwise you're inviting defeat in detail.

The army could come in after or before, don't have to be together.

Fly round the coast with them? Maybe dive bombing the Ironborn so they switch their allegiance asap ( she will no doubt have Victarion with her too). This also gives her some step stones to the North or the riverlands if she wants.

I really like the idea I read from Lady Blizzardborn in another thread that Dany and Tyrion will land at Casterly Rock and go in through the sewers. Lady Blizardborn points out that there has been some foreshadowing of that.

That's why Dany should go to Asshai and get some glass candles with her to teleport everybody to Westeros ot something (I know I'm being irrational. Just hoping :drunk: ). Come to think of it, I have no idea really. Maybe she will divide her army and her ships to go south and take her other 2 dragons and their riders with the smallest and fastest ships to the North. Therefore, she will get the Martell and Ironmen and Jon's alliance. Here I am, hoping again...

The army could come in after or before, don't have to be together.

They don't have to be, but it's quite a risk to come in separately, especially given the unpredictability of timing in sea travel. They could wind up being split from each other for a long enough period of time to allow somebody to bring an army in and strike Dany and her dragons without an army on hand to support them. (I'm pretty sure we're not talking about 50-year-old Dany with Balerion-sized dragons who can win battles on their own, just medium-sized dragons who can provide devastating "fire support" to a real army.) And yes, the same winds that are foul for her to bring her army to Westeros might be fair for somebody else to bring in a strike army from elsewhere in Westeros.

The only real solution I can see is to have dependable allies in Westeros with an army waiting on her. Then she can just come on her dragons and won't need her army. But the problem with that theory is that I'm not sure if there's anybody in Westeros with an army who qualifies as reliable.

Maybe they have dependable winds for the crossing somewhere, something like our trade winds. But without something like that, what?

That's why Dany should go to Asshai and get some glass candles with her to teleport everybody to Westeros ot something (I know I'm being irrational. Just hoping :drunk: ). Come to think of it, I have no idea really. Maybe she will divide her army and her ships to go south and take her other 2 dragons and their riders with the smallest and fastest ships to the North. Therefore, she will get the Martell and Ironmen and Jon's alliance. Here I am, hoping again...

Didn't the sorceress (Quaithe?) Say she had to go east to go west? Personally I think she'll do a Columbus and prove that Planetos is round so she'll come at Westeros from the west ( not unlike Euron.)

Didn't the sorceress (Quaithe?) Say she had to go east to go west? Personally I think she'll do a Columbus and prove that Planetos is round so she'll come at Westeros from the west ( not unlike Euron.)

Oh yeeaaahh...really, this gives a completely new dimension to the prophecy. If she goes south as well she might end up in The Lands Of Always Winter (and didn't grrm say we'll be seing a lot of it in the upcoming novels?)

But these problems I'm talking about re coordinating the movement of dragons and armies get a lot more complicated if she goes east. It might just be totally impossible to go east on dragonback and make it all the way to Wessos, and the idea of playing Christopher Columbus sailing off the edge of the world with an army and 3 large dragons just doesn't really compute.

That's why I think that go east to reach the west prophecy must mean something else.

Oh yeeaaahh...really, this gives a completely new dimension to the prophecy. If she goes south as well she might end up in The Lands Of Always Winter (and didn't grrm say we'll be seing a lot of it in the upcoming novels?)

Of course!! She could reccy on Drogon first then lead her armada confidently south west into westeros! I love it. Might be a touch nippy for the Essosi of course.

Wherever she lands (I always figured somewhere in the South, wherever fAegon might be spreading his "claim" at that time) I think she will depart for the Wall soon after. I always thought Dany's endgame was a magical one, not a political one.

But I don't buy the "Jon Stark, King In the North" theories, personally.

Wherever she lands (I always figured somewhere in the South, wherever fAegon might be spreading his "claim" at that time) I think she will depart for the Wall soon after. I always thought Dany's endgame was a magical one, not a political one.

I think her and Aegon are gonna duke it out. Kind of wish I could sell arms to both sides.

But I don't buy the "Jon Stark, King In the North" theories, personally.

I agree that her endgame is more magical than political. I think she might defeat fAegon in DoD 2.0, then make for the Wall. After a big battle, she'll depart to find her own home.

Archived