Most evil characters?

If we rank by people who personnally inflict suffering and judge them by comparing the degree of the atrocities to their motive:

1 - Ramsey Snow: No one is as likely to torture and kill purely for fun.

2 - Gregor Clegane: I remind you the incident of the innkeeper's daughter.

3 - Joffrey Baratheon: What a budding little psychopath. Cut down so Young. Think of what more he could have done!

4 - Vargo Hoat: Do you actually need to cut all these hands and feet? The job you do is horrible enough as it is.

5 - Craster: Breeding misery.

HM: Amory Lorch: Way too thorough at butchering entire village not to take some fun from it. Technically, his job was done when all the ressource was burned.

HM: Pretty sure Euron belongs somewhere on that list but I haven't read enough about him yet.

---

If you rank characters simply by how many people suffered as a direct and predictible consequence of their actions and décisions, never mind their reasons:

1 - Tywin Lannister: He is directly responsible of the near destruction of the Riverland.

2 - Khal Drogo: we only see them sack one tribe, but we get clear indications that the mass raping, enslaving and murdering that ensue is their normal MO. The number of raped women, enslaved people and slaughtered elderly as direct results of his 'victories' must be horrifying. Each of his bells means thousands of victims.

3 - Aerys the Mad: Well, yeah.

4 - Roose Bolton: The North really did not need that.

5 - Cersei Lannister: Killing babies, really?

HM: Walder Frey, what an old prick

If Dany doesn't take care, she can make that list eventually.

Tywin

Drogo

Euron

Melisandre

Cersei

There are just so many...Honourable mentions then:

Any slaver

Craster

Viserys

Any Ironborn

Roose

Ramsay

Any Bloody Mummer/Any Brave Companion

There are just so many

They are the same, in case you missed that. The call themselves the Brave Companions, everybody else calls them the Bloody Mummers behind their back.

Danke.

Maetser Luwin, a man who deliberately and meticulously set about to destroy a crippled child's dreams of magic. That takes an incredibly twisted and sinster mind.

Maetser Luwin, a man who deliberately and meticulously set about to destroy a crippled child's dreams of magic. That takes an incredibly twisted and sinster mind.

:lmao: :lmao:

My list:

1. Ramsay (never Snow!): I'm not sure if any one character has inflicted as much direct pain on more innocents than Ramsay. Think back to Theon's ADWD's chapter, and how he can hear other prisoners screaming in their cells, and how the women scream the loudest-- who do you think these women are? Undoubtedly, a large number are the completely innocent women of Winterfell, who did nothing wrong but were dragged back nonetheless to the Dreadfort where they will live out the rest of their lives at the mercy of this big boned, slope shouldered, fleshy, sadistic bastard. No excuse for what he does, he just likes doing it.

2. Gregor Clegane: vicious monster who loves hurting people, hails from a seat of power-- which gives him authority over countless innocents. Has gone through 3 wives, raped and murdered Elia Martell with the brains of her child still on his hands.

I could go on and on but I'm suddenly not feeling well.

Roose and Tywin. Yes, Ramsay and Gregor are monsters, but the men that do nothing when they easily could or even incentive their behavior are much worse.

I respect your opinion, that seems to be a common philosophy around here.

But I disagree. I think those who derive pleasure out of torture and rape are worse than those who don't do anything to stop it. I'd rather run into either Roose or Tywin in a dark alley than Ramsay or Gregor.

But I disagree. I think those who derive pleasure out of torture and rape are worse than those who don't do anything to stop it. I'd rather run into either Roose or Tywin in a dark alley than Ramsay or Gregor.

But they don't just refuse to do anything about it- they flat out incentive others to do it in a mass scale.

I'd rather ran into Stalin or Robert Mugabe in a dark alley than your average thug, but it doesn't mean your average thug is more evil.

But they don't just refuse to do anything about it- they flat out incentive others to do it in a mass scale.

I'd rather ran into Stalin or Robert Mugabe in a dark alley than your average thug, but it doesn't mean your average thug is more evil.

I hope what I say next is not misinterpreted, but here goes.

I think there is a greater fear, even at a base level, of a terror that does what it does for it's own sick amusement. While they may be awful in their own ways, Tywin and Roose both have some sort of endgame to their worst acts. Tywin orders Gregor to do some terrible things, but it's part of a plan on his part to defeat his enemies. After war is over, Tywin doesn't order Gregor to return home and terrorize his household servants and kill his wives, Gregor does that on his own accord because he's a completely evil man.

Roose is a bit more complicated, and we don't know entirely what he has and has not ordered Ramsay to do. Regardless, his bastards actions and intentions are far worse IMO.

When I judge an evil act, I place a ton of emphasis on the intent of the individual. Tywin uses beasts like Gregor as a means to an end, and while it doesn't absolve him of their crimes, at the very least they are serving a purpose (however twisted that purpose may be). Ramsay needs no purpose, he is doing what he does for his own sick enjoyment. He cannot be reasoned with, he cannot be bargained with, because his goal from the start is to make you suffer. In my opinion, this makes him more evil.

Personnally, that's why I did two separate list.

What's evil, really?

So I basically split it into a ''Who is most sadistic'' and ''Who inflicts the worst horror on the world''.

And that is Euron Greyjoy...

Which makes him worse. Most of the 'psycho' evils ie Ramsay or Joff have no real schemes or master plans. But Eurons sinister nature makes him the worst possible monster.

In contrast to most other people on the list, however, Euron's atrocities are largely a matter of either hearsay, rumor or fairly creative interpretation of the text:

His crew are mutilated by him,

They are mutilated, sure. By him ? Not necessarily.

he has betrayed his family on multiple occasions.

Technically only once, when seducing his brother's wife.

He has took his brothers wife for no reason.

According to him, she was willing. And according to Vic as well. Too bad we can't get her side of the story.

He sexually abused at least two kids, Aeron and Urrigon. Worse still his brothers.

Wild speculation.

He forced cannibalism on his prisoners for pleasure.

A tale told by Euron, and not so much for pleasure as a response to the warlock threatening him. Again, we haven't heard the warlocks side of it (or even seen them).

He has supposedly killed his brother Balon and has planned to sacrafice Vic.

Supposedly is indeed the word. It's a forum theory, nothing more, nothing less.

He has usurped his brothers throne through lies and deciet and plans to unleash untold horrors upon westeros.

He didn't usurp anything, he was elected at the Kingsmoot. As for lies and deceit, well, that depends. We still haven't gotten to see whether the dragon horn works or not. Finally, untold horrors are well, untold. Until they become told horrors, I'll go with people we've seen do terrible stuff (there certainly isn't a lack of those).

Plus we still dont know his endgame.

Exactly, we don't know. Could be his endgame is to save the world, and all this is just necessary, which is the excuse many posters use for Melissandre's cruelties.

So yeah, Euron is POTENTIALLY right up there, if everything about him checks out terrible. Until it does, though, he'll rank below the ones we've seen do all the terrible stuff, like Ramsay and Gregor.

So yeah, Euron is POTENTIALLY right up there, if everything about him checks out terrible. Until it does, though, he'll rank below the ones we've seen do all the terrible stuff, like Ramsay and Gregor.

Baelor Blacktyde disagrees...all seven parts of him

But as evil as Euron is, I don't think he'd make my top 10, to be honest

Archived