Your one wish

lyannaisalive

I know it's useless to wish for this now, but I really wish that there is no R+L=J, and that Jon really is just the bastard son of Eddard from some random woman during RR. It's much more simple but much more thematically satisfying, since Jon's entire aDwD arc is about him trying to do the right thing morally, and he is always comparing himself to Ned, and both of their demises (?) were resultant of their own codes of honour (Ned trying to save Cersei's children, and Jon saving the wildlings). Jon being the bastard get of a mad rapist will really piss me off, honestly.

Why not the end of TWoW?

I, by the way, don't really want Dany to die, I just suspect she that will.

If Daenerys gets killed by Barristan (or at all), I would like to see it happen after she has done some damage in Westeros. I don't see her doing any damage in Westeros during TWoW.

I know it's useless to wish for this now, but I really wish that there is no R+L=J, and that Jon really is just the bastard son of Eddard from some random woman during RR. It's much more simple but much more thematically satisfying, since Jon's entire aDwD arc is about him trying to do the right thing morally, and he is always comparing himself to Ned, and both of their demises (?) were resultant of their own codes of honour (Ned trying to save Cersei's children, and Jon saving the wildlings). Jon being the bastard get of a mad rapist will really piss me off, honestly.

Mad Rapist? I honestly thought you were talking about Aerys

Anyways there is nothing to support that Rhaegar was mad or even a rapist.

I want Stannis to live. Look at how much has gone wrong in his life:

• He saw his parents die.
  • His older brother became king of all of Westeros, while his younger brother was given the ancestral seat of their house. He became lord of a castle and a few desolate rocks.
  • His wife is a religious fanatic who doesn't even like him.
  • His only friend is a smuggler whose fingers he cut off. The smuggler is currently travelling to an island of cannibals.
  • He deserves the Iron Throne, but no one believes his evidence and the only people who do believe him are all murdered.
  • While everyone else is fighting for the throne, he is fighting wildlings (and worse) in the far north and getting barely any credit for all this.

He needs a hug.

Mad Rapist? I honestly thought you were talking about Aerys

Anyways there is nothing to support that Rhaegar was mad or even a rapist.

There's nothing to support he wasn't either of those things, too. Son of a guy notorious for his insanity; talks of prophecy and other weird stuff; kidnaps a 14 year old girl (there is little to no evidence that she went willingly at this time).....

I don't want this to get into an argument about Rhaegar, since I couldn't care less about him as a character (calling him that is generous, since he's almost a non-entity to me).

• 2 weeks later...

There's nothing to support he wasn't either of those things, too. Son of a guy notorious for his insanity; talks of prophecy and other weird stuff; kidnaps a 14 year old girl (there is little to no evidence that she went willingly at this time).....

I don't want this to get into an argument about Rhaegar, since I couldn't care less about him as a character (calling him that is generous, since he's almost a non-entity to me).

Except for the fact that everybody who thinks or speaks about Rhagear is talking about how much they loved or respected him. Even Ned respected him the only person who thinks bad about him is Robert who is not a trustworthy person.

I've got more than one, but here's my top one;

-Sandor returns to fight for Sansa, after word that she's been captured and is on TBC. Sandor faces against his Undead Brother, defeats him [sic]

Yes, this. Followed by Sandor doing what he does best and protecting Sansa. Which means, while not having her direwolf, Sansa has a Hound at her side.

#2 is totally crackpot: King Mance on the IT (no idea how) who brings about the Westeros version of the Magna Carta.

Yes, this. Followed by Sandor doing what he does best and protecting Sansa. Which means, while not having her direwolf, Sansa has a Hound at her side.

#2 is totally crackpot: King Mance on the IT (no idea how) who brings about the Westeros version of the Magna Carta.

Great idea!

And he finds it surprisingly comfortable.

LOL, I can see him sitting back comfortably there and stretching. "At last! Now I can have a nap." :cool4:

Archived