People who don't care about "The Big Four"?

The Onion Sleight

He needs to have sex with a girl to win their confiance?Pretty convenient to him

if the said girl says that she needs to know that he is a wildling and comes after him to make sure he had given up his vows ...what are the chances you have against that ...

put yourself in jon's shoes and tell me what u will tell or do when Ygritte comes after you

I'm not keen on Tyrion as I don't see him in the same light as some people do. He's shades of grey, sure, but he's plenty self centred, and pretty judgemental for someone who doesn't like being judged on his appearance. And I get that's why Penny was introduced - but thus far I don't think that arc has done anything that makes me like him any more. (Not that I hate him - but I don't want him to be a dragon rider at any point, nor would I be upset if he's killed off.)

I like Arya, but I have found her time with the FM rather dreich and boring.

I'm a fan of Jon and Dany though.

He could say he's gay for example..he's done it and like it so don't come with this bullshit about f***to win their confiance

ah why i never thought about that when people are questioning my loyalty and i could have said that

look he had feelings for her and did break his vows and iam only saying that for the first they had but he could have stoped but instead succumbed to his feelings and betrayed her eventually ..no one is going to deny that ....

but you cant go picking up everything at what he does ...

That's it. Liking ASOIAF while being indifferent to or disliking Jon, Dany, Tyrion and Arya is pretty much the same as liking pie without the filling.

Newstar hitting the nail on the head as ever:-)

I agree with people that say Bran is more deserving of being in a so called big four. Arya isn't my favourite but I do like her. I'd say the pinnacle of me liking dany and Tyrion is ASoS and its just lessened over the other books. Jon is my favourite and has been pretty much from the start. Not so sure why.

I love Arya and she's always been my favorite character. I love Jon as well and think Tyrion's alright. But I really dislike Dany and find her POV tiresome, sorry.

I agree that Bran should be in the big four/five, not so sure about Sansa. As for those who say that Arya hasn't done anything, well neither Sansa nor Bran have done anything "impactful" yet either. It's called character development. They're kids and in training, it would be weird if they were affecting the state of Westeros in the first five books. I mean, do you people really think that Arya isn't going to have an important part to play in the story. And for that matter Sansa or Bran? As someone pointed out, we've had their POVs from the beginning for a reason.

As for why some people like Arya but not Dany, maybe it's because Arya's story, while not as "impactful" yet, is more interesting to some readers and they find her story more sympathetic than Dany's. It's the readers choice who they like or dislike.

Dany is conquering three cities with Dragons and an army. You might not like her chapters but she's not boring at all.

The fact she does so rather effortlessly (relatively speaking) is what's boring to me. As well as the ''good Dany vs evil slavers'' thing. Even Jon the Walking Cliche still has more grey in his story in the form of the Wildlings.

Personally, of the Big Six (Tyrion, Arya, Dany, Bran, Sansa, Jon) I find only Sansa and Tyrion to be really interesting. I like Arya but I don't love her, her chapters are fine but they should move along at some point. Bran is fairly non-descript but at least the Old God mythos built around him is interesting. Jon is as boring as boring gets, but he's lucky that he interacts with some of the best characters in the series. Dany herself is OK, but her story sucks so I don't care much about her in the end.

I like ''secondary'' characters far more, usually; Catelyn, Jaime, Stannis, Sandor, Renly, ect.

Nah, I think it's because their post-aSoS chapters are a bit of a let down, for the most part. I used to love Dany and Tyrion, but their storylines in aDwD made me dread their chapters

Yep. This exactly. Of the "big four" I only have sympathy for Arya and Jon as characters; both Tyrion and especially Dany have become unsympathetic AND their stories in Dance become oh-so-dull and oh-so-repetitive.

If I look back I am lost. Where do whores go. Note to self: don't care, please, Dany, look back and get lost and please Tyrion, find out where whores go and then go there and STFU.

A quick and rough look at my faves turns up only Tyrion and Arya even in the list. I'll admit that I liked all four much more earlier on in both the reading and my introduction to the series. I still root for them, in a way, I'm just more interested in others. :dunno:

Jaime

Brienne

Davos

Tyrion

Ned

Cersei

Arya

Note to self: don't care, please, Dany, look back and get lost and please Tyrion, find out where whores go and then go there and STFU.

:lmao:

http://www.poll-maker.com/results113238xc04AEf9A-4#tab-2

There is that poll where clearly Jon, Arya, Tyrion + Jaime lead in fan sympathy, while Dany indeed comes behind Davos.

Not that this is anyhow more valid than any other poll - but here most Stark children are certainly not favorites, apart from Arya.

I don't agree with your notion of the 'big 4'. If Arya's in there then Sansa and Bran should be as well.

The only character that leaves me completely cold is Dany. I don't dislike her, but I just cant get excited about her like I do with other characters.

I enjoy all of the characters in the book. And I just can't see the point of sticking with a series that you are so, presumably, miserable while reading large chunks of it. Tyrion isn't my favorite character, but his POV is necessary to paint the whole picture. And IMO that statement could apply to any character in the books.

Archived