The Brightfyre Theory: Addendum

Mithras

My issue with Serra being Varys' sister is that we have at least two look-alike double trouble already. I mean, Illyrio's slave and Jorah's whore, both to play the part of Daenerys. I think one could be just an accident but two has to be on purpose. When the text comes up with Serra, another whore who looks like Dany, I can't help but to thinks it's fishy. It's the third dot to connect to display the figure.

Another fishy thing is Illyrio coming from Braavos, these people hate dragons. Why on earth would they be petting the snakes? I simply smell a double-cross here: I think Illyrio will end up betraying Varys just like he has betrayed the anti-slavery politics of Braavos. They just want to mess up with the lizards. Besides, Varys is the perfect figure to be betrayed because that's what he does with everyone who falls into the nonsense of trusting him. On the other hand, I think some Blackfyre from the female line has to come to light, but we have fAegon for that role.

Nice one. Manderlys are able to grow as fat as Illyrio.

It also seems to suggest that Serra tried to run away with fAegon but Illyrio caught her and cut off her hands as it is usually done to the thieves.

That's so interesting, "the hands" issue always bothered me, it was so nasty and weird. This is a very plausible explanation.

PS: By the way, I'm very curious about the Tattered Prince and all the Pentoshi knot with Illyrio. Specially since I've read the suggestion that he might be Arion's descendant, just like Varys (still hypothesis)... He did called Quentyn "fellow prince".

• 1 month later...

I realise that there are a lot of "bright" references but someone's mention of varys and Serra possibly being descended from Daemon I's daughter and bittersteel sounded pretty cool as they would be descended from two great bastards and from the female line of blackfyre

I think that was me who brought that up about Bittersteel and Calla's kid i believe i said that they had a Matrineal Marriage with any children born of there line getting the Blackfyre name. My theory is that King Maelys Blackfyre took the Golden Company from Daemon Blackfyre son of Bittersteel and Princess Calla. Daemon was not the King but did own his fathers Golden Company. Maelys wanted to call all the shots maybe because Daemon did not have his father Bittersteel's same desire's, so Maelys killed his cousin and exiled his family perhaps maybe even selling them into slavery.

I think Daemon's wife maybe even sister wife had a child and was pregnant same as Aery's wife, Serra was from Lys and Varys was born a slave in Lys. In a Danny Chapter she is told how much she as a Princess Targaryen would be worth as a slave.

The Tattered Prince was probably a slave at one point and that's where he get's his name from because slaves get tattoo's maybe he has some maybe he is Patchface's brother.

We no longer have any reason to believe that Aerion's son Maegor was exiled, Egg would not have done that if Maegor ever left i would say he left on his own and is maybe the Tattered Prine

I realise that there are a lot of "bright" references but someone's mention of varys and Serra possibly being descended from Daemon I's daughter and bittersteel sounded pretty cool as they would be descended from two great bastards and from the female line of blackfyre

What about Illyrio? If he's not a Blackfyre, why is he so hard up to see his son, assuming Aegon is a Blackfyre and that he is Illyrio's son, sit the Iron Throne? And isn't Illyrio calling the shots along the Pentos-King's Landing axis?

• 4 weeks later...

Quentyn saw no sign of the men they had come to meet. Then a door he had not seen before swung open, and an old woman emerged, a shriveled thing in a dark red tokar fringed with tiny golden skulls. Her skin was white as mare's milk, her hair so thin that he could see the scalp beneath.

The Spurned Suitor, Dance

When I read tiny golden skulls, I wondered if this might be a veiled allusion to a future relationship between House Martel and the Golden Company/Black Dragon, but the skulls fringe a dark red tokar so I don't think it works. I wonder why the tiny golden skulls are there?

...thinking about it, the absence of fAegon on the show seems to support the theory that Varys himself has Targaryen blood -- I think Varys is taking over parts of fAegon's original arc, the part where fAegon was supposed to ally with Dany before staring a conquest in westeros... so in a way, the show would not be deviating completely, but only merging characters once again.

Archived