Arthur Dayne vs. Robert Baratheon

The thing is, it could take seconds, or hours. When life is on the line, people tend to not wish to make mistakes, the fight might actually be incredibly boring to watch, though with Rob as a combatant, I doubt it.

When the UFC started up, the fights either lasted seconds, or went to the time limit through stalemate.

Boxers are able to go for so long because they have set rest periods and rules.

my point about the boxers is that they have the stamina to last long and so does knights

I agree and I would think knights would have incredible stamina yes, much better than modern boxers. I'm just saying this does not automatically mean that they could last the same amount of time in each fight. Adrenaline is an unforgiving mistress, so is lactic. Depending on how the fight goes, they (not even considering bloodloss) could reduce someone's stamina rapidly, and in fighting for one's life with weapons anything can happen.

I agree and I would think knights would have incredible stamina yes, much better than modern boxers. I'm just saying this does not automatically mean that they could last the same amount of time in each fight. Adrenaline is an unforgiving mistress, so is lactic. Depending on how the fight goes, they (not even considering bloodloss) could reduce someone's stamina rapidly, and in fighting for one's life with weapons anything can happen.

am just suggesting of the possibility and i agree with what u say.

Boxers take breaks in between rounds, and they have trainers giving them water. Furthermore they are not fighting in 20 lbs of equipment, or swinging steel weapons around.

In a life or death fight there are no breaks for water.

Let's end this thread, Arthur Dayne would kill Robert Baratheon without a single doubt.

Dawn > warhammer.

Dayne with Dawn had no equal at the time of Robert's rebellion.

Ned told Jon that Robert was peerless, so no, Dayne would not kill Robert without a single doubt.

And Ned has SEEN and FOUGHT Dayne so he would be the most knowledgeable.

Let's end this thread, Arthur Dayne would kill Robert Baratheon without a single doubt.

Dawn > warhammer.

Dayne with Dawn had no equal at the time of Robert's rebellion.

Wrong. Dawn can't cut through plate. The warhammer doesn't even need to.

we don't know from what material was Dawn made...Maibe is from material that can cut plate like Adamantium or mithrill who knows???

It's not about the metal itself. It's about the strength you need to cut through plate. You can't cut plate. It's nearly impossible.

Archived