A Secret Targaryen Besides (you know who)? Who would it be?

KingMaekarWasHere

Or just had so much fun discovering R+L=J, now that it's pretty much established, they don't want the fun to end. Uno mas! (sorry, just watched Shanghai Noon last night. :P lol)

For many it's actually to find the twist, GRRM is a "trope-buster" and having Jon be the true heir to some broken bloodline is one of the main fantasy tropes - so there "must" be a twist coming.

For many it's actually to find the twist, GRRM is a "trope-buster" and having Jon be the true heir to some broken bloodline is one of the main fantasy tropes - so there "must" be a twist coming.

Okay I can understand that. But I'm curious... before ADwD came out, how many theories about THAT book came true? (I'm not making a point, I just seriously don't know because I didn't join the forum that long ago.)

I'm just saying, the twists are there, I'm sure. But how often are they predictable, by even the most observant readers?

I don't think GRRM is that much of a trope-buster. He still has tropes (sometimes extremely cliché) - he's just brilliant because he puts a twist to the tropes. People use this argument to try to deny R+L=J or suggest that Jaime can't be the valonqar because it's "too obvious." I think it's unreasonable to expect a writer to shock you with every single revelation. Not only that, but it would end up being too much like a series of crack theories made into books. I wouldn't want to read a story like "Is Jaime the valonqar? Tyrion? NO IT'S ACTUALLY SOMEONE ELSE'S LITTLE BROTHER WHOA LOOK AT THAT TWIST!" "Is Lyanna Jon's real mother? NO IT WAS ASHARA DAYNE ALL ALONG BUT SHE'S HIDING AS QUAITHE HAHA MASK OF STARLIGHT GET IT??" "Is that character the thing? NO IT'S THAT OTHER UNIMPORTANT CHARACTER I INTRODUCED THREE BOOKS AGO, NOT THE PERSON I'VE BEEN HINTING AT ALL ALONG!"

Who wants to read that?

Sometimes it's not about surprising the reader, sometimes it's about surprising the characters. I'd much prefer reading a series with solid, subtle hints that I can figure out (something I enjoy) with a few but great plot twists rather than twist twist twist twist all the time, in the name of "busting tropes."

I don't think GRRM is that much of a trope-buster. He still has tropes (sometimes extremely cliché) - he's just brilliant because he puts a twist to the tropes. People use this argument to try to deny R+L=J or suggest that Jaime can't be the valonqar because it's "too obvious." I think it's unreasonable to expect a writer to shock you with every single revelation. Not only that, but it would end up being too much like a series of crack theories made into books. I wouldn't want to read a story like "Is Jaime the valonqar? Tyrion? NO IT'S ACTUALLY SOMEONE ELSE'S LITTLE BROTHER WHOA LOOK AT THAT TWIST!" "Is Lyanna Jon's real mother? NO IT WAS ASHARA DAYNE ALL ALONG BUT SHE'S HIDING AS QUAITHE HAHA MASK OF STARLIGHT GET IT??" "Is that character the thing? NO IT'S THAT OTHER UNIMPORTANT CHARACTER I INTRODUCED THREE BOOKS AGO, NOT THE PERSON I'VE BEEN HINTING AT ALL ALONG!"

Who wants to read that?

Sometimes it's not about surprising the reader, sometimes it's about surprising the characters. I'd much prefer reading a series with solid, subtle hints that I can figure out (something I enjoy) with a few but great plot twists rather than twist twist twist twist all the time, in the name of "busting tropes."

I didn't say they were denying RLJ, just twisting it by having it not be important. Jon is the from a lost bloodline, but he won't end up king because of it (and there are plenty of hints to figure it out too).

Personally I don't care much either way, but I do think that many Jon pushers ("Jon is AA" "Jon is the PTWP" "Jon is Lightbringer" "Jon will save everyone and be the best there ever was") get pretty tiresome so I probably lean against them.

This has absolutely no proof but, I've wondered if Davos might perhaps have Targaryen blood somehow? He lived in King's Landing, which makes him as likely a candidate for having dragon's blood as the dragonseed around Dragonstone. We don't really know anything about his parentage.

Also, he is a candidate that some consider for AA, though there is nothing that says that AA must necessarily have Targ blood.

Also wondered the same about Dunk, born in Kings Landing, of uncertain parentage, according to semi-canon sources he was born Aegon IV, --who was my original guess for his father one wonders.

This needs to be true! :bowdown:

Stannis is a 1/4 Targ, Shireen a 1/8 one, so, Davos has now Targ blood, too; Dany will die and then: Stannis, Shireen, Davos => three heads, three Dragonriders! :bowdown:

Everyone. Every single noble in Westeros are descendants of Aegon the Unworthy.

Every. single. one.

That gave me a thought; Aegon the Unworthy legitimised ALL his bastards on his death bed, he had at least 5 from noble mothers, but he could have had dozens from random smallfolk and whore around King's Landing, Summerhall, Dragonstone and wherever else Targaeryen monarchs hung out, which means there may well be hundreds of legitimate, unbroken male line Targaryen heirs. Unless some later king disinherited or unlegitimised (according to Catelyn it doesn't exist but who knows?) Aegon's bastard descendants then they may well have a better claim to the Iron Throne than female Targaryens (like Dany) and female line descendants (like the Baratheons). And could well mean anyone from King's Landing could be a secret Targ.

Davos Targaryen, the first of his name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the realm.

That gave me a thought; Aegon the Unworthy legitimised ALL his bastards on his death bed, he had at least 5 from noble mothers, but he could have had dozens from random smallfolk and whore around King's Landing, Summerhall, Dragonstone and wherever else Targaeryen monarchs hung out, which means there may well be hundreds of legitimate, unbroken male line Targaryen heirs. Unless some later king disinherited or unlegitimised (according to Catelyn it doesn't exist but who knows?) Aegon's bastard descendants then they may well have a better claim to the Iron Throne than female Targaryens (like Dany) and female line descendants (like the Baratheons). And could well mean anyone from King's Landing could be a secret Targ.

Davos Targaryen, the first of his name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the realm.

Now that I think about it... there are also LOTS of "secret Baratheons".

Edit: how many bastards did Robert father?

"The dragon must have three heads"

I think the dragon is The Prince that was promised, meaning the prophecy and Prince is a component of three people.

Dany (mother of dragons)- Wakes the dragons from the stone.

Jon- (AA reborn)- leads the defence against the Others.

Aegon (murmurs dragon)- Restores Targaryen rule. Takes the Iron Throne as Aegon Targaryen but eventually losses it to Dany or Jon after being discovered a fake. He may be a Blackfyre but he is still a dragon.

other possibility-

Tyrion- He will tame and train the dragons and might even become a rider.

Aegon. He is actually a Targ but not the son of Elia and Rhaegar. I am getting more and more convinced that R+L=A and not J.

No this is bullshit.

Why the fuck would Ned give his nephew to Varys and illiryo wtf.

And don't tell me he wasn't there when Ned come to the ToJ, the KG was protecting the child not Lyanna

Get your guns ready. Think about it.

He has blue hair. He's from Essos, specifically Tyrosh. His eyes look "almost purple" because of his hair. This is aSoS

in aDwD, we get Young Griff, claiming to be a Targ. Blue hair, to hide silver hair. "Tribute to Tyroshi mother." Blue hair helps hide his purple eyes.

It's so clear!!!!!

Nah I don't believe that but I'd buy it if it turns out to be true.

Daario is a Blackfyre is my Ultra-Crackpot. :D But it really only works if Aegon turns out to be who he thinks he is. There just has to be a Blackfyre in the story. There's been way too much build-up for there not to be one.

I think he's either one of the three betrayals or he won't survive the coming battle. Either way I don't think he even makes it to Westeros.

If he's a Blackfyre then he's almost guaranteed to be a betrayal. Pretty good odds even without it.

He was a secret Naharis all along...

Yep. Hiding behind his Tyroshi name. That throne-stealing (possibly dragon-stealing) bastard! :laugh:

My money is on Wyman Manderly.

If you think about it's, it's really perfect.

1) He's a widower - Dany needs to be able to marry for political influence. He was more than willing to get remarried to Lady Hornwood, *his cousin*. If voluntary incest isn't appealing to a Targaryen, I will eat my shoe.

2) He will likely be sheltering the heir to WF - The region will fall behind Rickon and Shaggydog

3) He's got lots of ships - Dany needs lots of ships

4) He worships the new gods - Dany might not have a god, but Aegon converted to the Faith when he landed.

The only real weakness with this plan is whether or not one of the dragons will actually be able fly with him "onboard." Dragons are supposed to be very strong, but Wyman is probably the heaviest (living) person in Westeros.

Archived