A Secret Targaryen Besides (you know who)? Who would it be?

KingMaekarWasHere

Spoilers! (if you haven't heard that Jon Snow was likely a Targ that is.) So if Jon is not the only secret Targaryen then who is the second, and will Jon, Dany, and this third person really be the three heads? What do you guys think? I think that Jon is just the Prince and not one of the three heads.

Well the 3 heads i think are

Jon

Dany

Stannis

the reason i say Stannis is because he has Targ blood in him from way back and Stannis seems to be a genuine king he's the only king who protected the realm and believes the Others are coming. So i believe he has some major part in the final battle. Jon's dream on top of the wall by himself kinda tells us that he's a major part of the final fight. Dany well we all know she's Targ plus she has the Dragons she's managed to survive this far no matter how stupid some of us may think of her decision's have been she has a major army and now she riding the dragons she's going to show her power to the Dothraki and Victorian is gonna take her back to Westeros or is going to convince her to go. We all know Jon's a Stark whether u belive the R+L=J or the Brandon Stark/ Ashara Dayne theory and if the Brandon Stark theory is true that would have made him Heir to Winterfell b4 Ned cos the Son comes before the brother but thats off topic. One more thing on the Baratheon's blood line Its rumored that the Orys Baratheon was the bastard brother to Ageon the conquer. Plus the marriage would have re enforced the blood in Stannis and his claim.

Jon

Dany

Stannis

the reason i say Stannis is because he has Targ blood in him from way back and Stannis seems to be a genuine king he's the only king who protected the realm and believes the Others are coming. So i believe he has some major part in the final battle. Jon's dream on top of the wall by himself kinda tells us that he's a major part of the final fight. Dany well we all know she's Targ plus she has the Dragons she's managed to survive this far no matter how stupid some of us may think of her decision's have been she has a major army and now she riding the dragons she's going to show her power to the Dothraki and Victorian is gonna take her back to Westeros or is going to convince her to go. We all know Jon's a Stark whether u belive the R+L=J or the Brandon Stark/ Ashara Dayne theory and if the Brandon Stark theory is true that would have made him Heir to Winterfell b4 Ned cos the Son comes before the brother but thats off topic. One more thing on the Baratheon's blood line Its rumored that the Orys Baratheon was the bastard brother to Ageon the conquer. Plus the marriage would have re enforced the blood in Stannis and his claim.

I think most agree that if there are three actual people who are heads of the dragon, Dany and Jon are two of the three. The real problem is the third head. You suggest Stannis, which would mean no need for a hidden Targ. Stannis has a Targ grandmother (and possibly additional Targ genes from Orys regarding paternal lineage), so he is a partial Targ--not a secret Targ. The problem with Stannis as one of the heads of the dragon is that it really does not hold up under closer scrutiny. Stannis is not that prominent a character. Yes, he has been important to the plot, but he is not a POV character. The readers have not had the opportunity to follow his activities and thoughts throughout the series. It does not really make sense to me that two of the heads are main POV characters, but the third head is a 1/4 Targ who is really a Baratheon and thus not really a "dragon" and who is part of the line that took the throne from the "dragon" House but nevertheless now is a head of the "dragon" meaning one of the heads of House Targ. The third head really has to be one of the major POV characters and should be a Targ directly from a Targ father to be considered formally as a part of House Targ, and there is no other major POV character who is known to be a Targ--thus necessitating the need for an additional secret Targ. In examining all the clues, Tyrion seems to be the most likely candidate.

Jon is a secret Targ because I do not think Rheagar would want one of his dragon rider children being a bastard, he wed Lyanna whether she liked it or not. There are several Targ Bastards which would have proper surnames of their birthplaces. I think in that regard, Jaime and Cersie are really "HIlls" born of Joanna by Aerys the mad King. Two sides to coin flipped by the Gods upon birth. Madness for Cersie and greatness for Jaime.

if "the dragon has three heads" really means that the three leaders of the endgame battle will be Dany, Jon and a third character also of Targ ancestry, then one of two things must be true--either a relatively minor character with Targ blood (such as (f)Aegon) will be the third head or another major character (other than Jon) will be a "hidden" Targ. There are no other known Targs who are major characters in the series other than Dany. Dany and Jon are both major POV characters. It would seem strange and imbalanced for the third head of the dragon to be a character who simply has Targ blood but has not been a big part of the character development and activity in the books. So in addition to (f)Aegon (who likely has Targ blood even if he is a Blackfyre), characters like Brown Ben Plumm or even Stannis, who are not POV characters, really don't make sense as the third head of the dragon. These characters just have not been fleshed out enough and have not been a focus of the story from the beginning. Thus, there must be another "hidden" Targ.

Who could it be? If you examine the POV characters, one stands out as the likely candidate--Tyrion. He really is the third main character in the series. He has many parallels to Jon and Dany (such as death of mother in connection with their births, outsider status, etc.) and the possible clues that Tyrion is a Targ (see a variety of threads discussing this issue, in particular the original A+J=T thread--now locked--for a full analysis -- http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/75441-a-j-t/). I have heard the objection that Tyrion really has to be the blood son of Tywin for the relationship to pay off for the reader--but I am not persuaded. Their treatment of each other was based on years of a relationship built around them believing Tywin to be Tyrion's bio-dad. A revelation after Tywin's death that this fact is not true does not change the nature or import of their relationship or actions towards each other. I know some people find this idea horrible writing or ruining the story for them, and these people will not believe it (if it is true) until revealed by GRRM. But if all the clues are considered, Tyrion as a "hidden" Targ is the most logical conclusion to be made.

So yes, there is another "hidden" Targ, and most likely, it is Tyrion.

By the gods, no. This is worse than Season 4 episode 10.

I think most agree that if there are three actual people who are heads of the dragon, Dany and Jon are two of the three. The real problem is the third head. You suggest Stannis, which would mean no need for a hidden Targ. Stannis has a Targ grandmother (and possibly additional Targ genes from Orys regarding paternal lineage), so he is a partial Targ--not a secret Targ. The problem with Stannis as one of the heads of the dragon is that it really does not hold up under closer scrutiny. Stannis is not that prominent a character. Yes, he has been important to the plot, but he is not a POV character. The readers have not had the opportunity to follow his activities and thoughts throughout the series. It does not really make sense to me that two of the heads are main POV characters, but the third head is a 1/4 Targ who is really a Baratheon and thus not really a "dragon" and who is part of the line that took the throne from the "dragon" House but nevertheless now is a head of the "dragon" meaning one of the heads of House Targ. The third head really has to be one of the major POV characters and should be a Targ directly from a Targ father to be considered formally as a part of House Targ, and there is no other major POV character who is known to be a Targ--thus necessitating the need for an additional secret Targ. In examining all the clues, Tyrion seems to be the most likely candidate.

Not that this is a bad idea but just because Jon may be a Targ does not mean that he is one of the three heads. He may just be the PTWP. (and if he is not Lyannas son then he may not even be that. And since we cannot prove that he is Lyannas son I don't see why people have to give grief to those who think that Jon is Brandon's bastard son.) I have believed for a while that the three heads are Dany, Davos, and Jaime and I even wrote a theory on it. It may not be true but the way I reasoned my facts showed me that Jaime and Davos may be the secret Targs which coincides by the way with Joanna having the twins with Aerys. (by the way as twins pop up a lot in Targ trees, the Joanna plus Aerys theory equals the twins is not silly at all.) So all I'm saying is to please keep your heads open to new ideas because any theory on here could be right.

Not that this is a bad idea but just because Jon may be a Targ does not mean that he is one of the three heads. He may just be the PTWP. (and if he is not Lyannas son then he may not even be that. And since we cannot prove that he is Lyannas son I don't see why people have to give grief to those who think that Jon is Brandon's bastard son.) I have believed for a while that the three heads are Dany, Davos, and Jaime and I even wrote a theory on it. It may not be true but the way I reasoned my facts showed me that Jaime and Davos may be the secret Targs which coincides by the way with Joanna having the twins with Aerys. (by the way as twins pop up a lot in Targ trees, the Joanna plus Aerys theory equals the twins is not silly at all.) So all I'm saying is to please keep your heads open to new ideas because any theory on here could be right.

I am always keeping my head open to new theories--as you suggest. I just evaluate the new theories based on their logic and consistency with the facts already known. While TPTWP does not have to be one of the three heads, Rhaegar and Aemon certainly believed that TPTWP would be one of the three heads. So while I agree that we will not know for sure until GRRM reveals, I think we have clues. You read the clues to suggest the 3 heads are Dany, Davos and Jaime. I don't read the clues that way. I think the clues overwhelmingly suggest that three heads are Dany, Jon and Tyrion. Of course, we won't know who is right until it is revealed. But keeping an open mind does not mean I am not able to make my best judgment on which theory seems most likely to me.

Aegon. He is actually a Targ but not the son of Elia and Rhaegar. I am getting more and more convinced that R+L=A and not J.

Nonsense. There is no way Ned would protect some non-family member that could get himself and his entire household killed if Robert found out and tarnish his reputation, and then send off his nephew to live with the cheesemonger on the other side of the world for absolutely no reason. This is just the result of sheer boredom waiting for TWOW to come out.

Jon

Dany

Stannis

the reason i say Stannis is because he has Targ blood in him from way back

<snip

His grandmother. That's not way back. We don't know for sure about Orys. There's never been any proof of his having been a Targ bastard, and there probably never will be.

Varys is a secret Targaryen,it is known.

Not so secret. "Bald as an egg." He's also from Lys. Where did Aerion go when he was exiled? Lys. I'm surprised more people don't pick up on that.

Archived